Twitter Fight... Go-Go-Go | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Twitter Fight... Go-Go-Go

Reaction Score
I didn't take the time to count, but are these guys taking full advantage of the increase character count that Twitter has rolled out to all it's tweeters?

Reaction Score
I've always found Jacobs articles to be better than almost anything UConn related online (Silver was good for football I must say).

One thing with Jacobs that made me laugh was when he said he "wouldn't rest" until he got to the bottom of conference realignment during the Big 12 fiasco as if there was anything to be found and or revealed.

He did write a column after all was said and done with the Big 12 that I thought was pretty cathartic.

Reaction Score
Mike is a bit nuts but he’s a big doner and passionate UConn fan. Still uncalled for to go after Jeff in this instance.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Mike Melio‏ @EnzosDad49m 49 minutes ago
After yrs of SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS & ANIMOSITY @jacobscourant shouldnt be allowed ANYWHERE NEAR our @UconnMBB

Jeff Jacobs‏ @jacobscourant45m 45 minutes ago
Could you point out the inaccuracy? A repeat of last year 0-2 start with losses to Wag and NE wouldn't put the heat up?

Mike Melio‏ @EnzosDad39m 39 minutes ago
You are a bitter man that bashed our program and our University for years. Try BUILDING something of VALUE instead of TEARING DOWN KIDS.

Jeff Jacobs‏ @jacobscourant38m 38 minutes ago
Again, where am I wrong about saying the program can't afford a repeat of last year's nightmare start? That is the opinion.

Mike Melio‏ @EnzosDad32m 32 minutes ago
Your Opinions are a STENCH that DIVIDE and TEAR DOWN those that spend their lives building something of VALUE. You get SIGNIFICANCE attempting to destroy the EFFORTS of our University, Student Athletes and Coaches. We ALL know it.

If I were JJ's editor, I'd have sent it back with comments that last year's start was awful but not a great lead focus for an article that contained so much more.
It's deadline work and he is a columnist, and his facts are accurate, but he could have done better.
Melio's reaction seems extreme, but I find irony that @whaler11 informed me who Melio's is and that I'm in agreement with some of his characterizations.

Reaction Score
Mike is a bit nuts but he’s a big doner and passionate UConn fan. Still uncalled for to go after Jeff in this instance.

He went after someone else who defended JJ pretty viciously as well. MM must be having a real bad morning.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
He did write a column after all was said and done with the Big 12 that I thought was pretty cathartic.

I may have missed that - if so I'll google it and take a look.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He went after someone else who defended JJ pretty viciously as well. MM must be having a real bad morning.

Pretty weird. For all his eccentricities, he usually seems like a really nice guy. I interacted with him once and he was really friendly

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I have no problems with Jeff Jacobs saying what he is saying in this article.

What I DO have a problem with, however, were his comments regarding UConn Football's attendance issues. Jacobs was essentially putting the blame on the fans, which, personally, I don't think is fair at all. In fact, I think it is incredibly shortsighted of Jacobs to even insinuate that fans are the issue. I get that the attendance could be better, but for a team that hasn't been good in what is now 6 years, ticket sales don't come overnight. Speaking of ticket sales, has Jeff Jacobs bought a ticket to UConn football or basketball in the past twenty years? My guess is no, maybe a ticket or two. I don't see how you should have any input on something like fan attendance when you aren't in the same position as the average fan.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not saying that I agree with either in this case, but Jeff Jacobs is a horribly biased opinionated person whose political and social leanings are a great fit for the Courant - a place where journalism is dead.
He was a Calhoun basher because JC dared to challenge his and others opinions and questions.
The Courant had great writers like Bill Lee and Owen Canfield and then when the Trib / LA Timestakes over here comes these jokers like Jacobs.
The Courant is very fortunate that they are the only player in the greater Hartford daily newspaper scene because I would love to see another paper come to fruition that will tell the news and sports with a straight down the road attitude rather than turning toward one side.
Jeff Jacobs is who he is
Also he really shouldn't be waging tweet wars with a large donator - one reply and then ignore would have been better

Reaction Score
JJ put his money where is mouth is. He walked from the state capitol to Gampel - 26 miles - when he doubted the team & KO in 2014.

One thing that New England has and supports are facts + logic. I have moved around the South like crazy for the past 10 years and the newspapers are all backing up the kool-aid trucks for the idiots to drink from.

Opposing opinions are great and if you still live in an educated area you should be thankful that the media has the guts to publish stuff the readers will disagree with.

Reaction Score
By Jacobs standards this isn't bad at all. He is stating something that is pretty obvious.

But Jacobs has been unfair to the program for a long, long time. Melio probably just reached his breaking point. And he decided to let Jacobs have it.

The first game is tonight, a little optimism is in order. And Jacobs is peeing in the punch. Not a surprise. But it riled up Melio. I have no problem to him giving JJ the what for.

Reaction Score
Disney (yuck) has recently blacklisted the LA Times from pre-screenings for publishing negative reviews of Disney movies. Many other media outlets have rallied to the LA Times' defense.
This JJ guy rubs me the wrong way, but what the "mega donor" is looking to do is stifle dissent or otherwise intimidate JJ.
Gotta side with JJ here - you don't like what he's saying, then stop listening.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Disney (yuck) has recently blacklisted the LA Times from pre-screenings for publishing negative reviews of Disney movies. Many other media outlets have rallied to the LA Times' defense.
This JJ guy rubs me the wrong way, but what the "mega donor" is looking to do is stifle dissent or otherwise intimidate JJ.
Gotta side with JJ here - you don't like what he's saying, then stop listening.

Everybody lobbies for their own position. Interestingly the majority of posters in this thread supporting JJ are the posters who have argued the position JJ made about KO.

We support those who validate our opinions and criticize, attack, demean those who don't.

Donor is neither worse or better than any of us. I don't see how his twitter statements come close to stifling dissent. And I doubt JJ is intimidated. If anything his reaction will have the opposite affect. His tweets are different than a leader who people blindly follow.

How are the wife and kids BTW?

Reaction Score
Everybody lobbies for their own position. Interestingly the majority of posters in this thread supporting JJ are the posters who have argued the position JJ made about KO.

We support those who validate our opinions and criticize, attack, demean those who don't.

Donor is neither worse or better than any of us. I don't see how his twitter statements come close to stifling dissent. And I doubt JJ is intimidated. If anything his reaction will have the opposite affect. His tweets are different than a leader who people blindly follow.

How are the wife and kids BTW?

Skip the psychology and ask yourself if this is a good look for one of our biggest, school affiliated supporters.

I don't think it's a big deal but he looks like a clown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom