TV | The Boneyard

TV

Reaction Score
We are out of the country, how can we listen to the games on our ipad

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Radio ought not to be an issue... except Varsity app seems to be only android, not Mac.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You don’t need the app if you go to the site online at the below link. Please be aware the game may not pop up until literally a minute before the game or even at game time

That is for games on fox. How do I only listen to the tadio broadcast?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
That is for games on fox. How do I only listen to the tadio broadcast?
DICKG I don't want to confuse you but since you specifically asked about ipad and audio only let you give you my answer.

Go to the app store and download the free Varsity Network app. The app looks like this:

IMG_4552.jpg

Then at game time click on it and you will see the game listed and any other game they may be also offering at that time (such as a men's game) . Click on the game and after a short commercial you are on your way listening to Bob and Debbie. I've listened to every game's audio this year using this app.

Good luck.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF you're taking a Laptop/Tablet etc, get a VPN. This way you can connect to a US Server and watch the game on Fox Sports. There's wifi spots available in many countries that would be free of charge.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
DICKG I don't want to confuse you but since you specifically asked about ipad and audio only let you give you my answer.

Go to the app store and download the free Varsity Network app. The app looks like this:

View attachment 73416

Then at game time click on it and you will see the game listed and any other game they may be also offering at that time (such as a men's game) . Click on the game and after a short commercial you are on your way listening to Bob and Debbie. I've listened to every game's audio this year using this app.

Good luck.
I downloaded the app but for my Android phone. Does this app only offer audio?

Reaction Score

View attachment 73416

Good luck.
You have mail

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Yes - Varsity is only audio (It's Bob and Debbie). I usually listen to the game live, then watch the reply. It's fun to get the different perspectives.
(Glad Varsity is now on Mac. When I first searched, couldn't find it. Probably 'cause I was looking via 'puter, not iPad.)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yes - Varsity is only audio (It's Bob and Debbie). I usually listen to the game live, then watch the reply. It's fun to get the different perspectives.
(Glad Varsity is now on Mac. When I first searched, couldn't find it. Probably 'cause I was looking via 'puter, not iPad.)
Thanks for the answer, I am currently listening to my first ever Coaches Show.
I am wondering about listening to the game live, my streaming on the Fox Sports app lags the Stats Monitor by 30 seconds at the minimum so I can only wonder about the lag between the video and the radio. :eek:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Thanks for the answer, I am currently listening to my first ever Coaches Show.
I am wondering about listening to the game live, my streaming on the Fox Sports app lags the Stats Monitor by 30 seconds at the minimum so I can only wonder about the lag between the video and the radio. :eek:
My video feed is through Comcast cable. Yeah I haven't cut the cord.

anyway I also have a dvr. The TV feed will lag the streamed audio feed by 30 seconds up to over a minute depending on the network covering and "other factors". I use the dvr to delay the video (Starting right at the tipoff) to the audio internet feed through Varsity. once synched up I love having Bob and Debbie audio with the TV muted. A great combo.

With your streaming situation, I would assume the video is lagging compared to the Cable broadcast. I wonder how close the video streaming is to the audio stream on Varsity? (I'm guessing that is exactly what you are wondering)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Location usually matters when streaming. My kid that lives in Berlin sometimes cant stream the shows we get in the US.
You might get lucky

Centerstream

Reaction Score
My video feed is through Comcast cable. Yeah I haven't cut the cord.

anyway I also have a dvr. The TV feed will lag the streamed audio feed by 30 seconds up to over a minute depending on the network covering and "other factors". I use the dvr to delay the video (Starting right at the tipoff) to the audio internet feed through Varsity. once synched up I love having Bob and Debbie audio with the TV muted. A great combo.

With your streaming situation, I would assume the video is lagging compared to the Cable broadcast. I wonder how close the video streaming is to the audio stream on Varsity? (I'm guessing that is exactly what you are wondering)
Exactamundo. However, I am one of the BYers that have no issues with the SNY announcers so I may stick with them. As far as the upcoming games on CBSSN, I might give the radio broadcast a try. Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom