TV ratings (merged thread) | The Boneyard

TV ratings (merged thread)

Reaction Score
Was just about to post this. Best game of the year hands down IMO. It kept everyone on the edge of their seats and could have gone either way. Would’ve got a ton more if they hadn’t scheduled it at the same time as a mens game too

this is what women’s college basketball was all about. Too bad this wasn’t on a final four stage

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I saw on VolNation that some LV fans are tired of seeing features on Paige. Unfortunately for them, it appears Paige is a huge draw for the women’s game so it’s only going to get worse, especially since she was just named POY.

Sorry, not sorry :)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I saw on VolNation that some LV fans are tired of seeing features on Paige. Unfortunately for them, it appears Paige is a huge draw for the women’s game so it’s only going to get worse, especially since she was just named POY.

At least VolNation is confronting their fears, over on McGraw's Bench, they are just in a state of complete denial-no posting at all about the AP POY....

Reaction Score

I can understand their point. I have to be honest that I got to a point where if I heard the Didi Richards temporarily being paralyzed story one more time I was going to throw something at the TV. Nothing against Didi, it was just so repetitive.

I'm biased about Paige though, bring on the stories about her greatness and humility.

Reaction Score
I can understand their point. I have to be honest that I got to a point where if I heard the Didi Richards temporarily being paralyzed story one more time I was going to throw something at the TV. Nothing against Didi, it was just so repetitive.

Absolutely. Amazing story. And I can understand that as the audience gets larger for bigger games there's a new group to see it .... but if you've been watching all year the 10th rerun of the story gets a wee bit grating.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
How soon we forget how bonkers this site became during the "3 to see" promo year.
Well, yeah. They're Tennessee. We're Uconn. Did you expect the same standards for both from a Uconn fan?
Besides, I 've never heard the expression that that irony is ugly. :D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looks like the UConn-Iowa game ended up being the 2nd most watched sweet 16 game ever, with a 1.0 / 1.56 million viewers. Pretty nice
... but, but, but... no one cares about women's college basketball.

Reaction Score
The Louisville market is traditionally the highest-rated market for the men's NCAA tournament.

In this market the Louisville women drew a 7.6 rating for the ESPN game against Stanford on Tuesday night. That's a higher rating than any of the four men's regional finals - two of which were on CBS.

That surprises and pleases me.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
No arenas packed with college kids drinking beer and screaming like maniacs.
Amazing some of the things we thought we'd never miss.
NCAA events/arenas do not sell alcohol beverages even if they are held in “pro arenas”

But you point of not having fans is taken.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom