Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Tonight at 6:00....Geno show.

Sunday at 11:00 A.M. on ESPNU...Baylor/St. John's
Sunday at 1:00 P.M. on ESPNU....Tenn/DePaul

the two games are the Maggie Dixon deal at MSG. Odd times? Maybe to avoid a complete
overlap with NFL games?

St. John's is struggling.....no shot at Baylor.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
St. John's is struggling.....no shot at Baylor.

No shot. Mulkey was not pleased with her entire Baylor team after a 71-42 win over Milwaukee last night. I'm sure her team will be ready to play in Madison Square Garden on Sunday (and in Waco next Sunday).

"I thought there were only three players who came to play tonight," coach Kim Mulkey said. "It's pretty obvious who they were."Griner had 20 points while Sims (19 points, 11 assists) and Pope (18 points, 11 rebounds) both had double-doubles in a 72-41 victory Thursday night over Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

"Certain players are not coming to play. (Mulkey) knows what she's going to get out of me and BG," Sims said. "Now we just need those other three or four players to step up, too. I'm just responding to her, and trying to give her everything I've got.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Not my problem or my business, but I wouldn't want Sims making that comment to the media. Kim as the coach saying it is one thing, but I wouldn't want a player calling out teammates. Do that in the privacy of the locker room.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not my problem or my business, but I wouldn't want Sims making that comment to the media. Kim as the coach saying it is one thing, but I wouldn't want a player calling out teammates. Do that in the privacy of the locker room.

I had the same reaction when I read her comments.

BTW, anybody (Baylor fans?) know why Destiny Williams didn't play?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I had the same reaction when I read her comments.

BTW, anybody (Baylor fans?) know why Destiny Williams didn't play?

You just beat me to it. Hopefully she is ok.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have to agree too. Those comments will cause more problems then help. Gotta wonder.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You just beat me to it. Hopefully she is ok.

Checked out the Baylor board thanks to a link in another thread. According to one poster, Kim said that she "chose not to play Destiny Williams." I suppose it could have been for health reasons, but that's not the interpretation I would attach to her comment. Sounds like Kim is trying to get her attention with some big games coming up.

Reaction Score
Has anyone seen DePaul play this year? They are 7-1(lost to S.D. State). They beat St. John's by 17. So far, Anna Martin is shooting beyond belief: 58% from field; 55% from 3-point range, while averaging 20.8 per game. They are ranked 22nd. Sunday should tell how really good they are; Tenn is the first ranked team they will play.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen DePaul play this year? They are 7-1(lost to S.D. State). They beat St. John's by 17. So far, Anna Martin is shooting beyond belief: 58% from field; 55% from 3-point range, while averaging 20.8 per game. They are ranked 22nd. Sunday should tell how really good they are; Tenn is the first ranked team they will play.
I haven't seen them play yet, but the box score of their Loyola game was pretty putrid if I recall. Hampton was not 100%, and no one else really stepped up against a really bad opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom