TV for Ohio State? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TV for Ohio State?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uh oh now we're going out to eat with another couple, good news is the other guys a huge college hoops fan and understands the requirements. So we've let the ladies know we will choose an informal evening filled with good pub food, good drink and KENO while being sure the venue chosen also has the BTN. (i hope)

Thanks

Reaction Score
OK. For Optimum customers I called them and was told that I can add the upgrade package (the one that includes BTN) and watch it immediately. I can then cancel the package and pay pro-rated meaning 1/30th or 1/31st. So customers (CT) can upgrade to Optimum Gold @ $109/month which for me is a $35 increase.

If When I cancel Sunday I will be charged less than $2 for the game.

Just wanted to pass this on to fellow Optimum Yarders.

Oh in Fairfield County BTN is Channel 247,

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What pubs in New Haven area have BTN?
Anna Liffey's is probably your best bet for finding it in a pub. They show soccer matches from around the world continuously so I am sure they have all the sports channels you can get in New Haven. You may have to ask for it to be put on one of the channels, especially if there is a big soccer match at the same time, as they draw a lot of people who come there to watch soccer.

I'm sure Buffalo Wild Wings has it, too, but I don't like the place. Same goes for Sports Haven.

Cask Republic likely has it as well, but you may have to be patient while they try to find it, and it will not be a large screen.

Reaction Score
Thanks 88 grabbed the remote and voiced BTN and it came up on 266. Never even knew it was there.

Reaction Score
Yeah thought I could get it via roku but it has to go through com cast. Guess I'll do old school radio.

Reaction Score
Funny. Used to be crazy when we realized a game wasn't available. Now ten people are concerned and me Ill check in to WTIC but I'm not subscribing for anything extra.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm not sure of New Haven but I think we will be heading to Bobby V's in Windsor Locks. Good cuisine, beer, KENO and BTN.

"Cuisine" and Bobby V's should never be mentioned in the same sentence. I think even Bobby himself would laugh at that.

Reaction Score
OK. For Optimum customers I called them and was told that I can add the upgrade package (the one that includes BTN) and watch it immediately. I can then cancel the package and pay pro-rated meaning 1/30th or 1/31st. So customers (CT) can upgrade to Optimum Gold @ $109/month which for me is a $35 increase.

If When I cancel Sunday I will be charged less than $2 for the game.

Just wanted to pass this on to fellow Optimum Yarders.

Oh in Fairfield County BTN is Channel 247,
Thanks for checking on this. I called Optimum as well to verify and, as you said, they will only charge for the days you have the package. In my case, I'll probably keep it tomorrow as well just to get NFL Redzone for a day.

However, there's also a $4.99 cancellation fee for canceling a package you've had for fewer than 30 days.

So altogether it'll be ~$5.59 for two days of the Sports Package.

If I can figure out how to stream the broadcast, I'll try to set something up for the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"Cuisine" and Bobby V's should never be mentioned in the same sentence. I think even Bobby himself would laugh at that.
You don't think Bobby V's has good food? He invented the wrap.

Reaction Score
Thanks for checking on this. I called Optimum as well to verify and, as you said, they will only charge for the days you have the package. In my case, I'll probably keep it tomorrow as well just to get NFL Redzone for a day.

However, there's also a $4.99 cancellation fee for canceling a package you've had for fewer than 30 days.

So altogether it'll be ~$5.59 for two days of the Sports Package.

If I can figure out how to stream the broadcast, I'll try to set something up for the game.

Got BTN now. Looking around before gametime to see what else I got.

Reaction Score
For Fairfield/Black Rock bar viewing the only place I found was Chubby's on the Fairfield/Black Rock line. I called Anna Liffey's Fairfield, Colony and 4 0r 5 more until I found it. Not the greatest place but the have BTN. Come over if you're stuck without. Have a black Husky ballcap. Let's kick OSU in the nuts.....buckeyes.

Reaction Score
Did you guys log in with your TV provider or no? I followed link but its asking me to add provider. Since I know I don't get the network, I haven't logged in yet, but did you just log in and it shows it?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You don't think Bobby V's has good food? He invented the wrap.

Good for him. Wraps suck. He also invented the "bajita", still not convinced that wasn't a typo.

I've eaten at three different BV locations. Dozens of times, maybe hundreds. I wouldn't go out of my way for anything on the menu. With few exceptions, bar food shouldn't aspire to be cuisine, and BV's stuff certainly doesn't.

When I lived in Mexico City, there was a place called Harry's Bar (no affiliation to Cipriani). My Canuck roomie and I always tipped well if the barkeep would put hockey on the TV. They had a shrimp in adobo sauce dish I used to order regularly that I still salivate over. That was cuisine :)

Reaction Score
Too bad nobody is broadcasting the game on periscope for us less fortunate who aren't subscribed to big ten network.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Too bad nobody is broadcasting the game on periscope for us less fortunate who aren't subscribed to big ten network.

@uconn6thborough on Twitter has a great stream there. Do some research before whining.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The food at Bobby V's in Windsor Locks is pretty good actually.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've eaten at three different BV locations. Dozens of times, maybe hundreds.
I haven't been to a Bobby V's in at least 20 years so I can't say from personal experience, but if it's not good food, there's something wrong with you for eating there that many times.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I haven't been to a Bobby V's in at least 20 years so I can't say from personal experience, but if it's not good food, there's something wrong with you for eating there that many times.

It's not binary. Food can be mediocre/average/unremarkable. Because it's not "good" doesn't mean it's "bad". Don't know about you, but if I'm going to a sports bar for the TVs/conviviality/social aspects, I'm not expecting nor demanding "cuisine". Just filling bar food that came off the Sysco truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom