TV Coverage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TV Coverage

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
This is my understanding too, that SNY has exclusive rights to all UConn BB games when the bigger broadcasters (ESPN) do not pickup their games. However I do think that any away games could be broadcasted by that team's broadcast partner (CBS Sports, etc).
But we will just have to wait and see...
I believe that the only games that ESPN can broadcast are away games that are ESPN affiliated such as ACC, AAC, SEC, etc., and ones under contract with them such as the HOF game, Maggie Dixon Classic. When it comes to Big East games, it's Fox, FS1, FS2, CBS, CBSSports and SNY.

Reaction Score
YouTube TV lists FS1, FS2 and SNY coverage, but is that only by in market by IP address?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I believe that the only games that ESPN can broadcast are away games that are ESPN affiliated such as ACC, AAC, SEC, etc., and ones under contract with them such as the HOF game, Maggie Dixon Classic. When it comes to Big East games, it's Fox, FS1, FS2, CBS, CBSSports and SNY.

This is correct. The only UConn home games ESPN will have rights to broadcast will be NCAA Tournament games (1st and 2nd rounds) played at Gampel.

Reaction Score
The nightmare scenario is having the same "pay" streaming services that usually do the holiday tournaments get the bubble games. I seriously doubt that the SEC and ACC teams will host OOC games at their arenas so ESPN may have to settle for conference games.

Reaction Score
I believe ESPN+ will cover the area where SNY's games are not local like last year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe ESPN+ will cover the area where SNY's games are not local like last year.
Actually all of SNY's games that were coverd by ESPN were ESPN3. I also believe that if ESPN is allowed to carry the games that SNY and UConn will insist on it staying on ESPN3 and not ESPN+. ESPN does not have the upper hand on this, SNY and UConn do.

Reaction Score
Last year I watched -mostly - just highlights on YouTube (The Husky station, I think). Granted, I felt a LOT LESS engaged but, sick of paying for too many extras I'll never watch.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
There is a bundle that lets you get ESPN+, HULU, and Disney+ for $12.99/month.

It’s pretty much buy two, get one free.

I’ve definitely gotten a lot of mileage from it!

Reaction Score
Unless one subscribes to right cable or streaming sports package, it is impossible to see all the games in real time. On my wonderful Comcast package, I get ESPN, ESPN2, SNY, and FS1. If a game is broadcast on CBS Sports Network, ESPNU, or on PAC-12, I am shut out. I do, therefore, the following. I go to ESPN and follow the match on Gamecast. This provides information on team possession, shooting, scores, rebounds, turnovers, etc. The next day I go to the Boneyard and watch the game by going to Boneyard Rules; UConn Husky Games; Women’s basketball and the current season; and click on the most recent game.

Often the game is available the same day, so if one decides not to follow it by listening to the radio or by avoiding scrolls at the bottom of TV screens, then you can watch without knowing how the match turns out.

Reaction Score
Unless one subscribes to right cable or streaming sports package, it is impossible to see all the games in real time. On my wonderful Comcast package, I get ESPN, ESPN2, SNY, and FS1. If a game is broadcast on CBS Sports Network, ESPNU, or on PAC-12, I am shut out. I do, therefore, the following. I go to ESPN and follow the match on Gamecast. This provides information on team possession, shooting, scores, rebounds, turnovers, etc. The next day I go to the Boneyard and watch the game by going to Boneyard Rules; UConn Husky Games; Women’s basketball and the current season; and click on the most recent game.

Often the game is available the same day, so if one decides not to follow it by listening to the radio or by avoiding scrolls at the bottom of TV screens, then you can watch without knowing how the match turns out.
PAC-12 games are always live free. You can follow in here:
Women's Basketball
Or their Facebook page: Pac-12 Plus

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I was under the impression that the only way to watch Pac12 games was to have the Pac12 package and many cable companies dropped it because of some disagreement with the controversial PAC12 Commissioner. I know UVerse did.

Reaction Score
I was under the impression that the only way to watch Pac12 games was to have the Pac12 package and many cable companies dropped it because of some disagreement with the controversial PAC12 Commissioner. I know UVerse did.
I watch all the PAC-12 games at the links above, all free last season. I believe they should work this year too.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I watch all of the networks except for SNY on Dish. The only ESPN channels that I don't get on Dish is ESPN3 and ESPN+.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Unfortunately I can't do that, even if I don't get to watch the game live. With the running of the Prognosticators contest I have to get the final score so that I can post the winners and the standings.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I watch all the PAC-12 games at the links above, all free last season. I believe they should work this year too.
Thanks for posting the links. There are some good WBB games on the Pac 12 Network.

Reaction Score

But SNY is in market for you?

Reaction Score

Well, there IS an easy solution for this. Get the right cable or streaming package. I have not missed a UConn game because I couldn't get it on cable or the internet - ever, I don't think. That's living in CT, Wisconsin and Arizona. I might have had to pay a nominal amount to CPTV, or ESPN+ or whatever, at some time or another, but it's do-able.

The only real maddening/insulting situation I've encountered is having to to stream a holiday tournament on Flohoops. Crappy quality and high price. But not such a high price that it's 10% of the price of one ticket, or something outrageous like that....

BTW I think if your cable includes CBS (it does) then you can sign up to stream stuff that's on CBS Sports Network

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't think that this will have any effect on UCONN games but YouTube TV has dropped the Fox Regional Sports Networks again. They still carry your local Fox stations, FS1 and FS2.

Reaction Score
I’ve had DirecTV for six years since I retired from Connecticut to N.Carolina and love it. On their sports package (which is extra) you get FS1,FS2, SNY, MSG,YES, NESN, SEC, BIG10, ACC, ESPN and pretty much anything you want or need EXCEPT PAC-12. It didn’t take a
psychic to realize “cutting the cord” would be no money saver in the long run.

Reaction Score
I had DIRECTV and anything AT&T touches they screw up! AT&T now owns DIRECTV so I went to XFINITY/COMCAST and pay $167.00 for home phone, computer, & Xfinity TV. I love it! I get about 180+ channels (no movies package) all the sports channels, CBS Sports, Fox 1, Fox2, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, NBC Sports Channel, PAC 12, ACC, SEC, SNY, NESN, and a couple more that escapes this 73 year old mind!
It's been one of the smartest moves I've made!

Reaction Score
Just a heads up for those in the Tri-state area looking for a solution, YoutubeTV has FS1, FS2, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, ACC Network, Big Ten Network, CBS Sports, SNY, NBC Sports Network, and the SEC Network. I can't imagine there being a UConn women's game that wasn't carried on one of these channels.

Reaction Score
I had DIRECTV and anything AT&T touches they screw up! AT&T now owns DIRECTV so I went to XFINITY/COMCAST and pay $167.00 for home phone, computer, & Xfinity TV. I love it! I get about 180+ channels (no movies package) all the sports channels, CBS Sports, Fox 1, Fox2, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU, NBC Sports Channel, PAC 12, ACC, SEC, SNY, NESN, and a couple more that escapes this 73 year old mind!
Is that $167 an introductory offer destined to rise ??

Reaction Score
$167 includes phone, WIFI and tv sport channels is really cheap. Too bad we don't have Comcast here. We have Spectrum which is also owned by AT&T is really bad you have to pay big for sport channels..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom