TV Coverage | The Boneyard

TV Coverage

Reaction Score
Hopefully, there will be games I can watch on my computer as I have done in years past.

Reaction Score
A lot of Big East games were broadcast live on the Big East‘s YouTube channel last season. They would often stream multiple games simultaneously.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Home games: Fox (FS1 or FS2), CBS, SNY. Away games: network with rights to opponent's conference (ESPN, FoxSports), possibly SNY. NCAA tournament: ESPN
That's a lot better for UConn than ESPN+. From what I read that the games that SNY would have been carrying, most of them would have ended up on ESPN+ and not ESPN3 like the last few years if they had stayed with the AAC.

Reaction Score
That's a lot better for UConn than ESPN+. From what I read that the games that SNY would have been carrying, most of them would have ended up on ESPN+ and not ESPN3 like the last few years if they had stayed with the AAC.
SNY games could still end up on ESPN+ for out of (SNY) market viewers.

Reaction Score
Are FS1 and FS2 on youtube tv?
I looked at a review of youtube tv and yes they do. They have a good lineup of networks, including a lot of sports channels. It is $65 a month but a 2 week free trial. You may be able to get it cheaper on one of the other streaming services.

Reaction Score
One nice think about youtube TV is that they give you unlimited show storage. It's saved in a cloud but I'll be able to build my own UConn game library. And they offer a sports package that includes 3 regional fox sport channels.

Reaction Score
One nice think about youtube TV is that they give you unlimited show storage. It's saved in a cloud but I'll be able to build my own UConn game library. And they offer a sports package that includes 3 regional fox sport channels.
YouTube is the best but also the most expensive one.

YouTube TV sharply increases monthly subscription to $64.99

YouTube TV has announced that it’ll be raising its monthly price from $50 per month to $64.99 as the company starts to offer eight of ViacomCBS’s channels, which are available today: BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1.

The new price takes effect today for any new subscribers, while existing customers should see it on their next billing cycle (either on or after July 30th).

The $15 increase in price marks the latest price hike for YouTube TV, which was $35 per month when it originally launched. The price was first raised to $40 per month in early 2018 as it added Turner networks (including TBS, TNT, CNN, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, truTV, and Turner Classic Movies). Costs went up again in 2019 to $50 per month when YouTube TV added Discovery’s lineup of networks. And now, with the addition of the aforementioned ViacomCBS channels, it’s getting its biggest price leap yet, up to $64.99 per month.

Reaction Score
YouTube is the best but also the most expensive one.

YouTube TV sharply increases monthly subscription to $64.99

YouTube TV has announced that it’ll be raising its monthly price from $50 per month to $64.99 as the company starts to offer eight of ViacomCBS’s channels, which are available today: BET, CMT, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, TV Land, and VH1.

The new price takes effect today for any new subscribers, while existing customers should see it on their next billing cycle (either on or after July 30th).

The $15 increase in price marks the latest price hike for YouTube TV, which was $35 per month when it originally launched. The price was first raised to $40 per month in early 2018 as it added Turner networks (including TBS, TNT, CNN, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, truTV, and Turner Classic Movies). Costs went up again in 2019 to $50 per month when YouTube TV added Discovery’s lineup of networks. And now, with the addition of the aforementioned ViacomCBS channels, it’s getting its biggest price leap yet, up to $64.99 per month.

I agree, I dropped/cancelled YouTube TV as soon as I received the email about the price increase. (was with them since the $35/month) Don't know about anyone else, I sure NEVER have watched or would have watched on YouTube TV them channels from ViacomCBS they added for close to $15 a month increase. I signed up for Hulu Live TV package where, as of now it's still around $54+ with taxes a little over $58. I mentioned in an earlier thread, YouTube TV should have put this ViacomCBS channel lineup on a separate package...if anyone wanted them, let them have it for additional $15/month but keep the $54/month as is.

I didn't mind when the price increase went up to $50+ I liked the Discovery family of channels.

Reaction Score
Might as well have kept cable or Sat at that price. I currently have HULU but it is on thin ice. Every sporting event I wave tried to watch since COVID has frozen or crashed. Football Thursday did and football again today. I wish one streaming service would specialize in movies (I have little interest), another to specialize in sports (big interest for me). People cut cable to not pay for things they don't watch. Now all of these services seem to want to be the next cable.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I agree, I dropped/cancelled YouTube TV as soon as I received the email about the price increase. (was with them since the $35/month) Don't know about anyone else, I sure NEVER have watched or would have watched on YouTube TV them channels from ViacomCBS they added for close to $15 a month increase. I signed up for Hulu Live TV package where, as of now it's still around $54+ with taxes a little over $58. I mentioned in an earlier thread, YouTube TV should have put this ViacomCBS channel lineup on a separate package...if anyone wanted them, let them have it for additional $15/month but keep the $54/month as is.

I didn't mind when the price increase went up to $50+ I liked the Discovery family of channels.
I completely agree that Hulu+ is the better deal for sports viewing since YTTV raised its rate. The caveat is the difference in DVR service: YTTV's $65 base price comes with unlimited DVR storage, while Hulu's $55 base price comes with "only" 50 hours of DVR storage (with the option to upgrade to 200 hours of storage for an extra $10).

Reaction Score
I completely agree that Hulu+ is the better deal for sports viewing since YTTV raised its rate. The caveat is the difference in DVR service: YTTV's $65 base price comes with unlimited DVR storage, while Hulu's $55 base price comes with "only" 50 hours of DVR storage (with the option to upgrade to 200 hours of storage for an extra $10).

For me personally, I find the 50 hours of DVR is ok. I record shows that I want to watch at a later time and date and once I watch them I go to the Manage DVR section and delete the shows I have watched. (or just let it ride, HULU TV will delete the older ones) I can see the individual that would like to keep shows/games for longer time then the unlimited DVR is the way to go.

By the way, when I was with YouTube TV, I always recorded the UConn Women's games to DVR. Truthfully, I would only keep the "better games", and rarely did I ever go back to watch replays. There are so many other options today in watching replays.

Reaction Score
As others have said, it's not cheaper any longer to "cut the cord." Head to head, for my family, we think YouTube TV is the way to go. Disappointed that they went up $15/month. We got HBO Max, HULU (not HUlU tv) and Netflix, plus got Disney+ free through Verizon (for first year anyway.) So as of now, we are paying around $90/month for these streaming services. My internet (500Meg) is $57 a month. So, close to $150/month total. I think we were paying a little more than that for DISH and youtubeTV is WAAAAAAY better, so I'm still good with it.

Reaction Score
As I understood it SNY was still going to be broadcasting Uconn games as Uconn signed a renewal with them, FS1 and FS2 are the Big East broadcast partners so I believe some games will also be on those channels

Reaction Score
Yes last year lots of SNY's UConn games were in ESPN+. Which I paid $5.99 per month. Not really bad because you can subscribe from Nov. to April then cancel after that.

I suspect I may still need ESPN+ this year since I am out of SNY local range.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As I understood it SNY was still going to be broadcasting Uconn games as Uconn signed a renewal with them, FS1 and FS2 are the Big East broadcast partners so I believe some games will also be on those channels
This is my understanding too, that SNY has exclusive rights to all UConn BB games when the bigger broadcasters (ESPN) do not pickup their games. However I do think that any away games could be broadcasted by that team's broadcast partner (CBS Sports, etc).
But we will just have to wait and see...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom