TV Coverage for first game on FS1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

TV Coverage for first game on FS1

Reaction Score

Showing FS1 or Fox Sports app or UConn Sports Network
In NYC Cablevision (Optimum) it has "Big East Opening Night Tip Off" listed on FS1 at 630pm- 1030pm so I suspect it will be showing bits of many games. However, at 1:30am on Wednesday morning, it shows CCSU at Connecticut, so I guess the actual UConn game will be shown at that time.

Reaction Score
In NYC Cablevision (Optimum) it has "Big East Opening Night Tip Off" listed on FS1 at 630pm- 1030pm so I suspect it will be showing bits of many games. However, at 1:30am on Wednesday morning, it shows CCSU at Connecticut, so I guess the actual UConn game will be shown at that time.
I was just about to post this. Game replay will be on FS1 at 1:30am

Reaction Score
I believe the CT market for FS1 is showing the game live. Then game replay next day. If not in the CT market then they are showing snippets of other BE games going on.

Reaction Score
I won't be available to watch the game on Tuesday so i set it to record on YoutubeTV. I am aware of the whip-around coverage (which sucks) I don't want fox to dictate which games I watch however, if I wanted to watch the full game after the fact the next day or anytime for that matter does anyone know if the Fox sports app or Fox Now app have them archived for later viewing?

I see this past weekends college football games. So, I would think hoops would be the same.

This whiparound is only going to happen on opening night.

Reaction Score
I believe the CT market for FS1 is showing the game live. Then game replay next day. If not in the CT market then they are showing snippets of other BE games going on.
Where did you get that? This is not regional coverage.

Reaction Score
If you and I were married (I married up, I know), but now getting divorced, if you kept the money and I took the house, did I buy the house from you? There's an argument to be made and a way you can explain it as yes, but not really. We're really not far apart here, it's semantics. I was only nitpicking your original nitpick. I don't even think it really matters because 6 of the 8 original members of the conference (counting Nova) plus a couple others who've been around for almost 20 years are in the Big East. This is the Big East. I think we all, except Freescooter and a very select few others, would agree.
No, it’s not semantics. Sometimes there is a right and a wrong and you’re wrong.

When one party leaves a marriage, the other party doesn’t keep the marriage and the leaving spouse just isn’t still in it. When some members leave an LLC or a Limited Partnership, or shareholders leave the corporation, the entity survives and maintains its property. The latter is what happened here. The Catholics left the conference, as a matter of law the conference’s property stayed with the legal entity, and then the entity sold the name.

Why is it so hard for people to just admit they’re wrong over a trivial argument?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, it’s not semantics. Sometimes there is a right and a wrong and you’re wrong.

When one party leaves a marriage, the other party doesn’t keep the marriage and isn’t still in it. When some members leave an LLC or a Limited Partnership, or shareholders leave the corporation, the entity survives and maintains its property. The latter is what happened here. The Catholics left the conference, as a matter of law the conference’s property stayed with the legal entity, and then the entity sold the name.

Why is it so hard for people to just admit they’re wrong over a trivial argument?
This is why we have lawyers.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i am soooo confoosed. what is the name of our conference again? i sure would like to know. i thought i knew, but then i read this thread, so now im back to square one. what is the name of our conference again?

Reaction Score
If you live in the area and can attend, just go to the game and avoid this **** storm. I've never heard of forcing someone to switch how they are watching mid game.
at this point not even worth watching FS1 coverage if you don't want to watch any of the other games. If able to watch fully on app and see if you can record the replay at 1:30 or just check the stats after the game.

OR wait for those lovely highlights that you bless us with!

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
If you live in the area and can attend, just go to the game and avoid this **** storm. I've never heard of forcing someone to switch how they are watching mid game.
Wait what do you mean? Why would we have to switch how we're watching mid game?

Reaction Score
Wait what do you mean? Why would we have to switch how we're watching mid game?
First 30 minutes on FS1, remainder of game on FOX Sports App or whatever gets picked up in whiparound coverage. hopefully they are streaming beginning of game on app so you don't have to deal with switching, but I have no clue.

Reaction Score
First 30 minutes on FS1, remainder of game on FOX Sports App or whatever gets picked up in whiparound coverage. hopefully they are streaming beginning of game on app so you don't have to deal with switching, but I have no clue.
The whiparound coverage starts at 6:30 on FS1, so the full game will be on the app

Reaction Score
Is this available on fox sports website or literally just the iphone app?

Reaction Score
1636384239152.png

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Is this available on fox sports website or literally just the iphone app?
to be clear, it's not just the phone app. if you can stream netflix or prime video over your TV, or use roku or a similar service, you can probably easily add the fox sports app on your TV, and you should be good to go.

rentfan90

Kloter Farm Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Based on this thread it seems dozens of you have been driven insane by the incessant blinking of the clock on your VHS machine.

Literally get any of the dozens of streaming tools download the fox sports app and log in with your cable credentials and you can watch all the exciting action of the 353rd best team in the country.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Let’s stay close to this… it’s gotta stream on some site. I am out of state and not seeing it on YouTube TV FS1 or FS2… nor the Fox Sports app … at least not yet ..
I just looked (I'm in FL on yt.tv as well) and my upcoming recording looks like it will be of the replay at 1:30am so I'll need to wait until Weds to watch. Digging around it shows UCONN as the 6:30 on FS1 as well - my hunch is this "whip around" isn't something the scheduler understands. You can probably tune in then and see coverage? I'll just wait a day, I'm used to it at this point anyway.

Reaction Score
So is this Big East Tip Off coverage basically going to be like Redzone for all the BE games? Why wouldn't they put that on FS2 and make FS1 regional broadcasts?? This is moronic
Yes, it's like NFL redzone.
There is a game on FS2. (Marquette)
You can't do regional boardcast on a national cable network. This isn't your local FOX or CBS station for the NFL.
Full boardcast is on FOX Sport App or FOX Now.

This is a result of the FOX's RSN's being sold to Sinclair. Also, with almost everyone starting on opening night. Mot enough TV windows to go around.

Reaction Score
You never heard of the NFL Redzone, MLB Tonight. Same thing with the Big East on opening night versus let's face it, all should be easy wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom