TV Coverage for first game on FS1 | The Boneyard

TV Coverage for first game on FS1

Reaction Score
Since last year was our first year in NBE and the early season non-conference was pretty much skipped due to the pandemic, what is the expectation for broadcasts outside the UConn listening area?

The NBE composite TV schedule shows 6 other games on FS1 that span the 2 hour timeframe for UConn's opener:

It appears FS1 may have BE opener "Whip Around" where only some of the game might be shown out of market. I have DirecTV so perhaps there will be an FS1 alternate programming subchannel. Would like to know ahead of time if there will be dedicated coverage or not. The Fox Sports App is another option but I don't know if there is a fee.

Thanks

Reaction Score
It's my understanding that FS2 will have regional coverage of all the games so anyone local can watch the full game and the Whip Around will cover them nationally by switching back and forth across the entire conference slate during that time.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Was literally about to post the same thing. Originally I thought that the full game was going to be available on FS2. According to the FOX programing for the coming week, it doesn't mention that (it shows Marquette on FS2 for the 8:30 time slot).

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Being in Nashville, I'll be bummed if there isn't an option to at least stream the game through the FOX Sports app if my only "regional" options will be Butler or Xavier on FS2.

It appears the rest of the non-conference cupcake slate is confirmed for FS2, nationally.

Reaction Score
There is no fee for the Fox Sports App. You can also use the Fox Now App as well. Just have to log in with your cable info.

SIUE at Marquette is the only game on FS2.

Reaction Score
Will they show the UConn game in full on FS1 or FS2 in CT?

Reaction Score
Will they show the UConn game in full on FS1 or FS2 in CT?
neither.
Fox Sports App.
or Fox Now App

Anyone with a smart tv or roku, chromecast, firestick, this is a walk in the park.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Being in CO, I'm wondering about this too. Is anyone sure our game will be streamed on one of the Fox apps?

Reaction Score
neither.
Fox Sports App.
or Fox Now App

Anyone with a smart tv or roku, chromecast, firestick, this is a walk in the park.
Thanks. Yep, do it all the time. Just surprised it's not on cable.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Yep, do it all the time. Just surprised it's not on cable.
Result of Fox Sports selling their RSN off to Sinclair. Opening night is always over crowded.

Reaction Score
neither.
Fox Sports App.
or Fox Now App

Thanks for clarification. I was confused since I was looking at Georgetown's schedule and they listed FS2 without any explainers, so figured it was a regional thing. Only I realize now they don't play on opening night, their first game is Sat.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We are in the Big East Conference not the New Big East Conference.

The funny thing is on this board when we were forced to the AAC we absolutely called the "C7" the "New BigEast" and that the AAC was actually the real BigEast and we just sold the name license to the C7. (Which was true).

But now that we are in the BigEast, it is , I guess, not the "New BigEast" any longer just the "BigEast"

Sports fans are funny that way. Like when your mortal enemy gets traded to your team and becomes your favorite player.

Which is fine with me. I never cared either way, before or after. I just want to be in a good hoops league and win.

Reaction Score
I won't be available to watch the game on Tuesday so i set it to record on YoutubeTV. I am aware of the whip-around coverage (which sucks) I don't want fox to dictate which games I watch however, if I wanted to watch the full game after the fact the next day or anytime for that matter does anyone know if the Fox sports app or Fox Now app have them archived for later viewing?

Reaction Score
The funny thing is on this board when we were forced to the AAC we absolutely called the "C7" the "New BigEast" and that the AAC was actually the real BigEast and we just sold the name license to the C7. (Which was true).

But now that we are in the BigEast, it is , I guess, not the "New BigEast" any longer just the "BigEast"

Sports fans are funny that way. Like when your mortal enemy gets traded to your team and becomes your favorite player.

Which is fine with me. I never cared either way, before or after. I just want to be in a good hoops league and win.
CL82 and freescooter did, I wouldn't consider them "we." It's always been the Big East.

Reaction Score

I remember the days when everyone wanted the "new" Big East and other major northeast college basketball programs to fail. I came out here numerous times saying we needed the Big East and major northeast basketball to remain strong so that the region could stay on the CBB spotlight. The hate was real and intense back then. I'm glad those days are behind us. UConn fans were big losers of realignment so I get the resentment over the years... but we are in such a better position today. I think we can properly leave the past in the past now.

We can finally accept this "new" Big East as the Big East in name while also being the spiritual successor of the original Big East Conference even if technically and legally is not (the AAC is)

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
The NOOB OR NEWBIE is the preferred use. It is the NEW Big East.
Good point freescooter.
Let's continue the point
The Big 10 has changed a lot, shouldn't it be called the NEW Big 10?
And the Big 8, I mean the Big 12, has changed even more. It's the NEW Big 12
and the ACC used to mean atlantic coast, it's now the NEW atlantic coast conference, I guess anticipating global sea rises will make Lousiville near the coast.
Texas and OK are not in the southeast, but now we have NEW sec.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
CL82 and freescooter did, I wouldn't consider them "we." It's always been the Big East.

No it really hasnt. Not here. They bought the name from the remaining AAC teams. If the BigEast was the BigEast there was no name to purchase. A lot more people than those two pointed that out.

Don't be guilty of revisionist history. Call a spade a spade.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No it really hasnt. Not here. They bought the name from the remaining AAC teams. If the BigEast was the BigEast there was no name to purchase.
You are correct, of course. But at this point in time it's a distinction without a difference.

Reaction Score
No it really hasnt. Not here. They bought the name from the remaining AAC teams. If the BigEast was the BigEast there was no name to purchase. A lot more people than those two pointed that out.

Don't be guilty of revisionist history. Call a spade a spade.
It's the Big East, I couldn't care less it didn't legally have the name for one or two months. Only people who call it the New Big East are a few clowns on this board, I didn't think you were one of them. These are the same clowns who said from day 1 the AAC is a better basketball conference than the Big East and they still stand by that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom