Turtle | The Boneyard

Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I don't like saying this, but I know others feel the same way so I'll take the flak for bringing it up....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Some advice going forward - don't do that.

Reaction Score
I don't know. KO has been recruiting him since the 8th grade. He has had plenty of time to evaluate his talent. This kid may have had a bad year and remember how excited we were about Samuels recruitment. That turned out well. This kid in a UConn jersey under KO can be special.

Reaction Score
I may be in the minority, but I hope Turtle still wants to come and KO still wants him. I'm a big proponent of loyalty and honoring committments and Turtle isn't a scrub like some want to suggest. That being said, if he no longer thinks UConn is the best fit for him, then that's fine and a different story. But I'd hope this isn't a situation where we put any pressure on him to reconsider his options. KO doesn't operate like that so I don't think that is the case, but I think there is plenty of room for him on this team, even though we will be LOADED at the 1/2 for the years to come.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just hurry up and try and twist something positive out of a bomb going off. Come on you can do it!

Actually, the bomb was mine - he had some ill-advised speculation there prior.

In retrospect, I am not sure which is worse.

Reaction Score
The only reason I would be ok with him going elsewhere is if he and his family believe KO is recruiting "above" him and he may not get the PT he wants. We should be so lucky to have that problem. It remains to be seen but he and KO may have more info them we do and if that turns out to be the case I wish him the best of luck.

Reaction Score
I must have missed something big. Did Turtle reopen his recruiting?
Supposedly it's been in the works, think he is maybe looking for a better fit in the south, possibly Georgia.

Reaction Score
It's a real fine line between transfer speculation and speculating that our commitments will go elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is speculating. I don't have any inside sources or scoop on this, but I did see that someone on 247 yesterday had Turtle going to Georgia. I doubt that just happens without any intel. But to reiterate my point earlier, I don't want to see him go unless it's a mutual decision, with both sides happy.

Reaction Score
Two predictions yesterday an other today, Jerry Meyers on 247 sports Turtle to Georgia.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Who is Turtle? And why is he called Turtle?
He's a kid with an annoying habit of saying "Touche!" when scored on.

Reaction Score
Three recent predictions to Georgia. this is definitely news. It would stink to lose both prince and jackson, but hopefully we can score another big time guard . (newman).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger