Turning Point: Isaiah Taylor Talking Smack | The Boneyard

Turning Point: Isaiah Taylor Talking Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just watching the last 15 minutes again because I was watching it in a bar with no sound.

Taylor had been running his mouth all night and round the 15 minute mark, after he mad a beautiful assist mind you, he starting jawing in Daniel Hamiltons face. To me that was the turning point of the half cause you could just see that Hamilton had enough of the kid. He came down and missed the first one but scored two really nice baskets after that. Taylor lit a fire under him.

Don't get me wrong, Taylor is really good and played really well. But I think his talking ended up helping Uconn stay extra motivated to shut the kid up.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Just watching the last 15 minutes again because I was watching it in a bar with no sound.

Taylor had been running his mouth all night and round the 15 minute mark, after he mad a beautiful assist mind you, he starting jawing in Daniel Hamiltons face. To me that was the turning point of the half cause you could just see that Hamilton had enough of the kid. He came down and missed the first one but scored two really nice baskets after that. Taylor lit a fire under him.

Don't get me wrong, Taylor is really good and played really well. But I think his talking ended up helping Uconn stay extra motivated to shut the kid up.

Love it. Also love that Purvis had enough of it and got right in his grill late in the game. This team has got some heart, I'll say that.

Reaction Score
i like the new non chatty purvis, he is all business on the court. drills big threes like they are nothing, gets back on defense.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of DHam being nice to the mouth after he and Rodney went after it to be honest. Saw him try to console him, it should be more like at that point. But kids are nice sometimes and I respect that, but need to know when.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of DHam being nice to the mouth after he and Rodney went after it to be honest. Saw him try to console him, it should be more like at that point. But kids are nice sometimes and I respect that, but need to know when.
I was really confused at first when he started barking at purvis...it was the weakest little shove on the way to the hoop and it just set him off. Purvis yelled back at him for a second then walked away, but Taylor kept on going as he walked around the court. Really thought he could have got a T especially when he started directing towards the refs (would have been a weak T, but he was running his mouth at everyone all game so I wouldn't have been upset). O well...we got the W

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yeah, I agree. Maybe they were friends before college? Who knows. But I'd rather see them leave their friendships in the locker rooms during game time.

Reaction Score
Taylor's mouth was going all night. Even his teammates were talking to him to try to get him to just play the game. I'm glad there were no T's handed out and he was shut up the right way...We Won!! Go Huslies!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Also that foul call against Purvis near the end of the game where Taylor had to be restrained by his own team and a near T was a total phantom call. If you watch the replay you clearly see that Purvis never touches Taylor during his drive and in fact Taylor is aggressively using his off arm before starting the drive to push Purvis away. Should have been an offensive foul but instead the idiot commentators reference a non-existent bump following the play to explain the ghost call.

Reaction Score
Also that foul call against Purvis near the end of the game where Taylor had to be restrained by his own team and a near T was a total phantom call. If you watch the replay you clearly see that Purvis never touches Taylor during his drive and in fact Taylor is aggressively using his off arm before starting the drive to push Purvis away. Should have been an offensive foul but instead the idiot commentators reference a non-existent bump following the play to explain the ghost call.

Agree completely, the calls weren't that horrendous, but I still felt like we were getting called for touch fouls while they really had to give it to us for us to get the whistle.

I felt like Purvis did touch him, but it was a slight elbow from Taylor, and then Purvis gave him the same slight elbow right back

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Shaka's teams always have a kid or two who are just plain punks
I honestly feel he allows and maybe promotes this BS

Reaction Score

I really don't think so. There are few coaches I respect more than Shaka. He's truly a great guy and coach.

Reaction Score
Agree completely, the calls weren't that horrendous, but I still felt like we were getting called for touch fouls while they really had to give it to us for us to get the whistle.

I felt like Purvis did touch him, but it was a slight elbow from Taylor, and then Purvis gave him the same slight elbow right back
I think there's actually another thread about this. Previous possession, Purvis (or maybe it was gibbs?) made the exact same drive to the basket through contact and scored, with no call. Announcers even commented about the drives being identical, and showed side-by-side replays of both...yet no one had a problem with the no-call on our end

Reaction Score

Definitely saw that. We need more of that fire for this team. Was it the Maryland game that DHam also flipped the switch? Unfortunately, they were already down to far. When he turns it on he is unstoppable, and it seems like the other players ratchet it up too. More trash talking him please. He is such a street baller.

Reaction Score

I agree with you but immediately after Purvis pushed Taylor in the back it looked like Dham had RP's back and was staring Mouth in the grill. Being a tough guy isn't really in Dham's nature so I was happy with at least that. My guess is KO told the guys in the timeout to calm down and not stoop to their level over some macho BS and blow a great road win. He also probably knew him from AAU.

Btw: Taylor wouldn't have the balls to say sh *t to Rodney's face without a bunch of refs and players around to break it up.

Reaction Score

Dham needs to watch some old BE battles. No love between the lines.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Scoreboard.
moss-scoreboard-o.gif

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Turning point was not getting down double digits before we enter that 8 minute period in the 2nd half were Rodney becomes a complete beast.

Too many empty trips in the last 4 minutes for my liking made it a closer game than it should have been.

Reaction Score
Turning point was not getting down double digits before we enter that 8 minute period in the 2nd half were Rodney becomes a complete beast.

Too many empty trips in the last 4 minutes for my liking made it a closer game than it should have been.

Much better starts as of late I agree. It makes it easier to allow a couple runs by the other team and still be in it or on top.

Maryland starts just can't happen to this team.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Purvis definitely has a bit of that bulldog attitude in him. Remember how many times he got into players faces and started scuffles last season? Id like to see that more from the team as a whole. I want opponents to be afraid of UConn.

Reaction Score
hamilton does a LOT of talking under his breath, so it sort of goes unnoticed. very competitive and indeed a trash talker, especially after made buckets. imo taylor was fine, kid is a beast he deserves to get himself hyped. he probably thought purvis shoved him after the play but i think rp was just frustrated with the handcheck call, extended his arms unintentionally.

Reaction Score
Purvis definitely has a bit of that bulldog attitude in him. Remember how many times he got into players faces and started scuffles last season? Id like to see that more from the team as a whole. I want opponents to be afraid of UConn.
I don't mean to look too far ahead when we've got a good season going right now, but can't help but be excited about the potential Enoch/Diarra frontcourt in a year or two. That's a frontcourt with a mean streak right there that could have opposing teams shaking in their boots

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Kind of a jackass, but still remains one of my favorite athletes to watch. He's actually a really good guy off the field, despite doing a bunch of dumb things as a young man.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Trash talking makes you a punk now? And Taylor was at Texas before smart.

Reaction Score
hamilton does a LOT of talking under his breath, so it sort of goes unnoticed. very competitive and indeed a trash talker, especially after made buckets. imo taylor was fine, kid is a beast he deserves to get himself hyped. he probably thought purvis shoved him after the play but i think rp was just frustrated with the handcheck call, extended his arms unintentionally.

I'm not sure I've ever seen DHam talk any smack whatsoever quite honestly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom