Turning Point: Isaiah Taylor Talking Smack | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Turning Point: Isaiah Taylor Talking Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Alternate question: who has been our best talker over the years?

Reaction Score
Alternate question: who has been our best talker over the years?

Rashad Anderson comes to mind. Kemba was talking a lot of trash against fCuse in the Big East tourney OT win.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of DHam being nice to the mouth after he and Rodney went after it to be honest. Saw him try to console him, it should be more like at that point. But kids are nice sometimes and I respect that, but need to know when.
Mau I saw that but then he lit a fire in DHam's arse. He became more agressive, shooting and playing D.

DHam may be quiet, but in his own way he's a competitor and doesn't back down. He actually shut Taylor up in his own way. He was a quiet assassin in Texas.

Me personally I don't like anything quiet in war, but that's just how I played.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
13:45 taylor makes the drive and dish, chirps at hamilton on the way down... next three possessions for uconn hamiton wants the ball, misses the first, texas misses the 3 grabs the rebound and goes to the bucket for two, next uconn possession get taylor on an iso and freezes him with a really nice move and jumpshot

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just watching the last 15 minutes again because I was watching it in a bar with no sound.

Taylor had been running his mouth all night and round the 15 minute mark, after he mad a beautiful assist mind you, he starting jawing in Daniel Hamiltons face. To me that was the turning point of the half cause you could just see that Hamilton had enough of the kid. He came down and missed the first one but scored two really nice baskets after that. Taylor lit a fire under him.

Don't get me wrong, Taylor is really good and played really well. But I think his talking ended up helping Uconn stay extra motivated to shut the kid up.
I noticed this as well. DHam looked pissed/hyper-focused afterward. I agree it was a turning point.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rashad Anderson comes to mind. Kemba was talking a lot of trash against fCuse in the Big East tourney OT win.
His blowing on his fingers thing would have pissed me off as a player.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
KEA, the entire '09 team, Kemba, Bazz
So true about that '09 team. They were just fierce. You could tell the opposing team really didn't want to start ish with them or turn it into a dogfight because they'd lose. In that 09 Huskies at Louisville game that year, which was the first week we were #1 and UL was 7 I believe, Samardo Samuels was literally afraid to enter the paint. You could see it in his game, how much he had to alter his style and decision making because he was intimidated by our front court.

Also in that game, Jeff Adrien was going off and was getting really into it with the fans and generally being pumped up JA and they didn't like it. That team had such an attitude. I highly recommend everyone catch that game on uconnhuskygames if they haven't.

BUConn10

Reaction Score

Around 31 minutes in the video mark. This is just confidence.....

I remember desperately trying to turn that into a gif but was unable to, the original YouTube video being too large.

Reaction Score

Around 31 minutes in the video mark. This is just confidence.....man i miss Adrien.

There were 3 bigger guys right next to him. Beastly I tell you!

Reaction Score
Not a fan of DHam being nice to the mouth after he and Rodney went after it to be honest. Saw him try to console him, it should be more like at that point. But kids are nice sometimes and I respect that, but need to know when.

If we are talking about the same situation then check out Adams come flying in to get purvis's back. Jalen appears to have no fear or love loss for opponents.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Adams is probably the best hypeman uconn has had in awhile. The miller putback and the Gibbs layup at the end of the game you can see adams pumping them up. Love the kids game

Reaction Score
Adams is probably the best hypeman uconn has had in awhile. The miller putback and the Gibbs layup at the end of the game you can see adams pumping them up. Love the kids game

Yes absolutely. I love players with some fire in them and Adams definitely has that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom