Turner | The Boneyard

Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any news on Briana Turner?Good news would be the best news.

Reaction Score
Don't know but I hope she is well..... I would like to play ND at their best

Reaction Score
Without Brianna Turner UConn has a much better chance of winning. If she doesn't play, that will be the story: UConn defeats a Notre Dame team not at full strength. You can only play who they have. It's been said many times on the Boneyard; UConn could possibly have even more championships except for injuries to key players. It is what it is. I'm sure we'll see them in the tournament at some point.

Reaction Score
The ND message board has been relatively quiet about this. I am sure Muffet would not say anything since she would want us to have to prepare for any eventuality. Since Turner is a freshman the extent of her impact on a game of this import is difficult to premeasure anyhow.

Reaction Score
UGH! I hate that this may be the second time in a row that our girls play ND at less than full strength. This is getting real annoying. Hoping that Brianna is able to play at her best today. Either way, i'm feeling a win for the huskies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UGH! I hate that this may be the second time in a row that our girls play ND at less than full strength. This is getting real annoying. Hoping that Brianna is able to play at her best today. Either way, i'm feeling a win for the huskies.
Injuries are part of the game. For the record, it's the 1st time. Not having Achonwa was similar to UCONN not having Tuck. I realize Achonwa was a starter and Tuck would have come off the bench, but you've seen how tremendous Tuck is this year. Also, UCONN is without Ekmark. She was averaging close to 20 MPG before her injury.

Reaction Score
Injuries are part of the game. For the record, it's the 1st time. Not having Achonwa was similar to UCONN not having Tuck. I realize Achonwa was a starter and Tuck would have come off the bench, but you've seen how tremendous Tuck is this year. Also, UCONN is without Ekmark. She was averaging close to 20 MPG before her injury.

Yeah, but Morgan hadn't been playing for most of the season, which means she was never going to factor into that game. Natalie was lost days before they had to play UConn in the final. Plus the talent discrepancy was already in UConns favor. We could have afforded to lose Morgan, way more than they could Natalie. She was almost averaging 20 and 10 for the tournament at that time. They lost their interior presence, and when you're playing against Breanna Stewart, that's going to be an issue. Definitely know injuries are part of the game, but comparing losing Ekmark to Turner is ridiculous.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yeah, but Morgan hadn't been playing for most of the season, which means she was never going to factor into that game. Natalie was lost days before they had to play UConn in the final. Plus the talent discrepancy was already in UConns favor. We could have afforded to lose Morgan, way more than they could Natalie. She was almost averaging 20 and 10 for the tournament at that time. They lost their interior presence, and when you're playing against Breanna Stewart, that's going to be an issue. Definitely know injuries are part of the game, but comparing losing Ekmark to Turner is ridiculous.
Correct but you said "playing at full strength". UCONN certainly was not even tho Morgan went down long before Natalie did. Yes UCONN had more time, but we certainly were not at full strength...

Reaction Score
Correct but you said "playing at full strength". UCONN certainly was not even tho Morgan went down long before Natalie did. Yes UCONN had more time, but we certainly were not at full strength...

I get what you're saying and respect your opinion, but I believe a team comes into its own from January on. Morgan was never going to factor into that team, and was not the player that she is this year during the 2013-2014 season. Losing Morgan was devastating to me, as I live in Illinois and have seen her play since eighth grade, but by the time we played Notre Dame she was not even factored into the team as she was highly likely to be getting redshirt. Either way I really hope we have a time where both teams have their full roster at their disposal and we can see who really owns the hardwood. :)

Reaction Score

Well, ND wasn't complaining about missing Anchowa when they stomped Maryland in the semi, in fact they out-rebounded MD by a large margin and Reimer was a key contributor. They didn't miss a beat.
Even after the loss in the championship game, they admitted they would still lose with or without Anchowa.

Why bring this up ad nauseam?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Goodgood said:
Well, ND wasn't complaining about missing Anchowa when they stomped Maryland in the semi, in fact they out-rebounded MD by a large margin and Reimer was a key contributor. They didn't miss a beat. Even after the loss in the championship game, they admitted they would still lose with or without Anchowa. Why bring this up ad nauseam?

Maybe you should be asking Eric this when you're quoting, since he brought it up?

Or is it just that you agree with Eric's view and not Dawson's?

Reaction Score
If I were Muffet I would hold Turner out today regardless - even if she could play. Say it's "as a precaution", but really just take my chances with who's left, and don't show us Turner until the NCAA's, when she a fully-developed super-frosh. As far as the early-season rankings, 1) who cares, and 2) for those who care, if they win today without Turner, then it's even more convincing. If they lose, there will always be doubts about the outcome had Turner played.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Achonwa being out was a big loss for ND, was would be Turner's absence. I hope Turner can play without hindrance so that we get to see how the teams match up.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Officially "day-to-day". I doubt we'll know her status until just before the tip.

Reaction Score
If I were Muffet I would hold Turner out today regardless - even if she could play. Say it's "as a precaution", but really just take my chances with who's left, and don't show us Turner until the NCAA's, when she a fully-developed super-frosh. As far as the early-season rankings, 1) who cares, and 2) for those who care, if they win today without Turner, then it's even more convincing. If they lose, there will always be doubts about the outcome had Turner played.
Never, she hates Geno more than she loves an excuse to lose.

Reaction Score
Well, ND wasn't complaining about missing Anchowa when they stomped Maryland in the semi, in fact they out-rebounded MD by a large margin and Reimer was a key contributor. They didn't miss a beat.
Even after the loss in the championship game, they admitted they would still lose with or without Anchowa.

For the same reason UConn fans are still talk about losing Abrosimova and Ralph in 2001. It's natural to think about what could have been, and injuries are particularly frustrating, because they're outside either team's control.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

MD = UCONN?

Reaction Score

I thought Ancowa was injured in the closing minutes of the Maryland game, well after the ND win was no longer in doubt.

Reaction Score
I thought Ancowa was injured in the closing minutes of the Maryland game, well after the ND win was no longer in doubt.
She was injured in their Baylor game, the game before the Maryland semi

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

This is homerism at its finest....there is no way UCONN losing Tuck early in the year is comparable to Notre Dame losing Achonwa just before the Final Four. If UCONN lost Dolson in the Elite 8, then you'd have a more plausible comparison.

Reaction Score
The ND message board relayed a tweet that Turner is not in uniform for warm-ups.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Turner is out according to tweets from Altavilla and Rich Elliot.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Too bad to hear--Notre Dame will need a monster performance for Loyd to keep it competitive. No idea who they'll put on Stewart. My prediction is UCONN by 10-15.

Reaction Score
I don't know the degree of injuries last year but KML played but wasn't the player she was prior. Banks injury/injuries she wasn't the same early vs end of season. And no Tuck. I think it's fair to say both teams weren't at their peak and UCONN never really reached theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom