Turn out the lights | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Turn out the lights

Reaction Score
It's absolutely wild that people think firing Edsall at this point will do anything.

Too many mistakes have been made. This all was cast in 2011 when Randy (after many years or searching) finally found his dream job and allowed 12 years of work to go out the window. If this SOB waited 2-3 god damn years we would have had stability when the next round of realignment came around but nope.

You don't recover from this. You just don't. Not in our lifetimes. AD Dave (who outside of women's hoop, field hockey, and baseball) is presiding over a broken athletic department, needs to donate every ounce of time to preserving men's and women's hoop (likely done by moving back to the Big East), restoring men's and women's soccer (40 years of history about to go down the drain if he doesn't do something) and getting serious about actually winning in sports we've done nothing at yet but should be better in (men's and women's hockey, women's lacrosse).

Football is done. It's done for everyone outside the Power 5. Edsall can coach ten more years for all I care. He was there for the start, his ambition and ego helped facilitate the end, and he can be there for the last game.
Yes, women’s sports is really going to to put us over the top.

Reaction Score
Up until this point I cut Edsall some slack. He had two coordinators quit on him. He was paying one from his own paycheck.

But we have only been competitive in one game. We look bad against anyone. Even Wagner. We would look bad against Trinity or Wesleyan of we played them next.

That’s coaching. There are lots of teams that are short on talent, but often times you can tell they are well coached. That’s not the case here.

Hyperbolic

Trinity? Wesleyan? Methinks thou should stick to your Eurocentric critique of the MLS & USMNT.

USF is a solid 50-80 FBS. I don’t care if they are at metrics over 100. That ain’t Trinity. To beat them ... or any AAC, this Team has to be on all day. Defense particularly. There’s enough disappointments in positional units. But it is because the Edsall start was to strip away & force youth.

Reaction Score
Hyperbolic

Trinity? Wesleyan? Methinks thou should stick to your Eurocentric critique of the MLS & USMNT.

USF is a solid 50-80 FBS. I don’t care if they are at metrics over 100. That ain’t Trinity. To beat them ... or any AAC, this Team has to be on all day. Defense particularly. There’s enough disappointments in positional units. But it is because the Edsall start was to strip away & force youth.

We looked bad against Wagner. We are hot garbage.

Hyperbole works in this case. We haven’t yet hit rock bottom.

Eurocentric. More like reality centric. MLS is soccer in the USA’s biggest barrier now. FACT. It’s like having 30 Jeff Hathaways in charge of a league.

Reaction Score
We looked bad against Wagner. We are hot garbage.

Hyperbole works in this case. We haven’t yet hit rock bottom.

Eurocentric. More like reality centric. MLS is soccer in the USA’s biggest barrier now. FACT. It’s like having 30 Jeff Hathaways in charge of a league.

Trinity? How about Union, RPI, Hobart, zTufts & Saint Lawrence?

That’s crazed.

Getting whipped by - at best - mid level AAC is sad. But it’s light years above where you put the bar. We can compete with MAC or Some others.

I have spent a lot of time on Broad Street in Temple classrooms. And toured their football facility. We distinctly are light years beyond on Capital invested. So Al Golden to Steve Addazio to Matt Ruhle to Todd Collins to Rod Carey > Randy PP DiacoRedPants Randy. Why?

It’s the evaluation of Talent. And years 2010-2017 was a UCONN wasteland.

Reaction Score
Trinity? How about Union, RPI, Hobart, zTufts & Saint Lawrence?

That’s crazed.

Getting whipped by - at best - mid level AAC is sad. But it’s light years above where you put the bar. We can compete with MAC or Some others.

I have spent a lot of time on Broad Street in Temple classrooms. And toured their football facility. We distinctly are light years beyond on Capital invested. So Al Golden to Steve Addazio to Matt Ruhle to Todd Collins to Rod Carey > Randy PP DiacoRedPants Randy. Why?

It’s the evaluation of Talent. And years 2010-2017 was a UCONN wasteland.

It doesn’t matter. Scraping by against Wagner isn’t much worse that losing to Trinity. It really isn’t. Just stop.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter. Scraping by against Wagner isn’t much worse that losing to Trinity. It really isn’t. Just stop.

Pfft

In the last 7 years - since losing to Towson - they’ve scraped every FCS. What are you trying to prove? Inane thoughts and bloviating blogospheres are created and controlled by a different poster.

Next week they face a very improved Tulane. Ain’t Trinity.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hell, I'd start recruiting in Japan for sumo wrestlers and martial arts experts.

Reminds me of the late Charles Wang, Islanders owner, who seriously believed in the idea of using a sumo wrestler in net.

Reaction Score
Hey, Yale is in one of the warmer climates in it's conference. Maybe we can create a conference with UB and McGill, and other Canadian schools and dominate that conference!

Perfect - then Randy’s recruits are closer to home and good poutine.
Well, that is the conventional wisdom. But if that is not what they are doing, I won't criticize for trying to think outside the box.

Goodness RE tries has never found a box he didn't want to jump IN and if there is no box that guy will build a box and voluntarily jump in it.

Reaction Score
The AAC didn’t work out for UConn. Change is good when you are at the bottom, and independence is a chance for a new start and a new direction.

There is nothing to lose at this point and nothing to hang onto of the AAC.

I look forward to UConn making the most of this new start and rebuilding a competitive program.
Welcome to the small time.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I didn’t express what I was feeling correctly. Of course, I am very proud to have earned an undergrad and masters from a great school like UConn. I guess I wanted students to also be proud to have a great athletic department too. I have a daughter the same age who just graduated from Notre Dame. She has already been back to South Bend for a game and is going next week (she lives in Chicago now). I know we will never be in the same class as Notre Dame’s AD. But I was hoping we could have a football program that is at least not an embarrassment.

Anyway, I agree with others on this thread. Just better things to do on the weekend than supporting a program that just keeps going backwards.
Have you lost your marbles??? :confused: :D
Come on Marbles90, a bad football team does not define your school or the overall athletic program.
If I understand your avatar correctly you were a music major?
Right or wrong I leave you with this.......

Reaction Score
Have you lost your marbles??? :confused: :D
Come on Marbles90, a bad football team does not define your school or the overall athletic program.
If I understand your avatar correctly you were a music major?
Right or wrong I leave you with this..

Was not a music major - but I am a semi-professional part time bass player. I tried to better explain my feelings in my second post. Obviously proud to be a UConn alum but embarrassed when it comes to the product on the football field. And I do think a historically bad football team does define your overall AD. Yeah, I grew up on UConn basketball but I wanted us to be more than just a basketball school.

Reaction Score
Yale coach is talking he wants to play UConn but they offer no scholarships.

Reaction Score
Lol @ Zissou saying we got nothing.

That's why you'd live here, hoping for UConn to rejoin the basketball schools. The only pro is we are restarting at the FBS level as Syracuse and BC used to live prior to joining the Big East for football.

Once the BE becomes a powerhouse in bball again, UConn will be ripe for the picking again, as long as we right the football program.

Reaction Score
Pfft

In the last 7 years - since losing to Towson - they’ve scraped every FCS. What are you trying to prove? Inane thoughts and bloviating blogospheres are created and controlled by a different poster.

Next week they face a very improved Tulane. Ain’t Trinity.

We would lose to Trinity but maybe we would have a shot against the Coast Guard Academy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom