Tulsa Time | The Boneyard

Tulsa Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never thought i'd have anxiety for a regular season game against a first place Tulsa team. This is a very important game. We need to play well and assert ourselves atop this league. Losses to Temple and Tulsa at the beginning of the year could have lasting impacts on this team. I trust they will get the job done.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I was 4th row and me and my girlfriend were all over that concert video, which was officially released. I even caught a glimpse at the beginning of Tulsa time, but it is too fleeting. There is like a 5 second shot of us later in that concert. A nice keepsake.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that the 1985 Hartford show was the last tour stop for the Claptons famous Fender Strat known as "Blackie". Sadly I was not in attendance. :-( Blackie did make a couple of cameo appearances after that in commercials as well as at a show at Royal Albert Hall in 1991.

Reaction Score
Going to jump in here since I don't want to start another Tulsa thread. Call me pessimistic, but I am real nervous about the game tonight. It seems that most people hear Tulsa and think easy W and that isn't close to the case. They seem like a decent squad and we are actually slight underdogs at the moment (+1). Overall it's a terrible situational spot coming after an emotional Cincy win and with a look ahead to Stanford. Obviously no game is a must win until conference tournament time but this one is very important IMO. We have built up some good momentum and need to keep rolling. Hopefully Ollie has the team ready to go and we come out with a nice victory.

Reaction Score
Going to jump in here since I don't want to start another Tulsa thread. Call me pessimistic, but I am real nervous about the game tonight. It seems that most people hear Tulsa and think easy W and that isn't close to the case. They seem like a decent squad and we are actually slight underdogs at the moment (+1). Overall it's a terrible situational spot coming after an emotional Cincy win and with a look ahead to Stanford. Obviously no game is a must win until conference tournament time but this one is very important IMO. We have built up some good momentum and need to keep rolling. Hopefully Ollie has the team ready to go and we come out with a nice victory.
Doesn't matter much what outsiders think. If we know what Tulsa is capable of then this squad surely knows as well. Ollie will have the team ready. I think there's quotes of either Boat or Ollie saying they know they can't have any blunders. They'll bring it

Reaction Score
Does anyone know where I can watch the game? Looks like it's not going to be on espn3.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Does anyone know where I can watch the game? Looks like it's not going to be on espn3.

It's on CBS Sports Network or whatever it's called.

Reaction Score
A road win against any conference contender is huge.
I hope we can pull it out. If we stay out of foul trouble, especially Brimah. and hit our FT i suspect we will.

Reaction Score
I'm actually thankful for the 930 start. I have grad school Tuesday night and don't usually get home til 9:-9:15. Staying awake the whole time is another story

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It's on CBS Sports Network or whatever it's called.

And a handful of other upcoming UConn games will also be televised on this CBS channel/network....

Reaction Score
If you have Cox as your service provider and you don't have it it's only a $2 upgrade per month and I asked for a discount since I've been a customer for 17 years and they gave me that too. 5 minutes later I now get cbssn, although it is standard def. it sure beats the grainy computor screen.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I was 4th row and me and my girlfriend were all over that concert video, which was officially released. I even caught a glimpse at the beginning of Tulsa time, but it is too fleeting. There is like a 5 second shot of us later in that concert. A nice keepsake.

Great story!

I wasn't able to make the '85 show, but was a dozen or so rows back in Hartford three years later when he toured with Mark Knopfler. A real treat to see two 2 of my top 5 guitarists up close at the same time.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm actually thankful for the 930 start. I have grad school Tuesday night and don't usually get home til 9:-9:15. Staying awake the whole time is another story
I have a class, too. Will be home in plenty of time to catch this late night drama.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Brimah has a big height advantage tonight and they struggle to protect the rim. We definitely have the matchup advantage.

Reaction Score
They need to play defense and bring passion like they did against Duke and Cincy among others. Or else the "advantage" we have is long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom