Tulsa game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tulsa game thread

Reaction Score
Larrier is done, right? He seems completely checked out. Last few games have been brutal.

This in on Ollie but it's also on the players. Even if KO is a terrible coach, the players know they are in the game. Why not at least try to look like you want to win the game?

Pathetic. Absolutely Pathetic.

Reaction Score
If I didn't know better I'd think they were throwing these games on purpose...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If Ollie goes so is half the returning players and and all incoming recruits. We are guaranteed to win a total of maybe 20 games the next 3 years. We have a better chance of start winning sooner with Ollie at the helm.
Wrong.

Reaction Score
In all fairness Ollie was running sets n ppl had wide open looks example Jalen he missed 4 wide open 3’s just wasn’t his night n we almost won ... except for the occasional vital chuck he played well, he’s the only person who gets to the line frequently... we’re in the bonus n all coaches tell their players to attack attack attack

N this what happens with a team with low basketball IQ Larrier dribbles to the lane (bonus time) spins away from defender then does a step back n the ball doesn’t go down mind you he’s 6-8 he can get that shot anytime but in the bonus he had opportunity to get all the way to the basket fail

Another example in the bonus Carlton gets the rebound an inch from the basket what he do passes it back out to the perimeter any other time he gathers n put it back, this time he didn’t we take another deep shot

Adams couldn’t hit nothing yesterday but kept settling for crossover jumpers when he’s good at getting all the way to the basket, it was a head scratcher n me screaming to the tv get to the damn basket at least vital switches it up from time to time 4 free throws to Adams 1 which is unacceptable for a player of his caliber

Other end guys were attacking in crunch time and yes this guy has a career night but who doesn’t with this team on defense ... I can’t blame vital on that play because dude was killing us from deep so he plays aggressive and the guy drives to the basket, vital thinking he’s going to have help but of course Larrier has his back turned easy two points
We’re really soft and I hope these kids get told that honestly n I’m telling the S&C they get no off days smh

Does anyone have the plus minus ??

Reaction Score
Yep. Sad. Can't understand how Tulsa was able to take the ball to the rim at will. I supposed this game shouldn't matter very much but this one really stings. To come out with such enthusiasm and energy for once only to fall flat in the end. I kind of felt like this was a pivotal game as we head into the final stretch of the season.
Both losses really stung and our players has to be at fault ppl tend to blame it on the coach especially with this one but no ... this was the first time we were in the bonus before the other team , coaches preach don’t settle were in the bonus get to the rim .. and defensively I’m not talking about this guy hitting 7 threes, but the fact that, in crunch time we gave up four layups including two slams n Larrier was involved in 3 of those .. just couldn’t help myself from pulling my hair out
Playing basketball I know it’s not my night to be shooting deep I need some easy ones or get to the line mr Adams failed to adjust his mindset no coach shouldn’t have to tell you this, we played better when both him n Larrier rest on the bench to take the 9 point lead first half that’s the frustrating part with this team

Reaction Score
Ollie gets fired half the team is not leaving. I am not going to be disappointed.

He stayed last year and a quarter of the team left.

Lets see new coach get a team together starting in late April/May trying to replace 6-7 players/recruits.. Thats what got us here to begin with getting scraps in May/June to fill roster spots. No tallent is going to be hanging around looking for a offer from UCONN with its new no-name coach.

And everyone will call for his head..

That’s more reality to go with our horrible loss to Tulsa

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Lets see new coach get a team together starting in late April/May trying to replace 6-7 players/recruits.. Thats what got us here to begin with getting scraps in May/June to fill roster spots. No tallent is going to be hanging around looking for a offer from UCONN with its new no-name coach.

And everyone will call for his head..

That’s more reality to go with our horrible loss to Tulsa
We can agree to disagree.

I think no one leaves for another college school when Ollie gets canned.

You do know it’s Ollie’s fault we have scraps to fill the roster, as you called it?

Reaction Score
We can agree to disagree.

I think no one leaves for another college school when Ollie gets canned.

I respect that.. Nice to see a gentleman’s reply instead of trash talk. Ya got my respect

You’re alright with me Bonehead.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You blamed the refs for the clock running, no need to throw a tantrum.
Lol, no actually I didn't either. But I'd wager that you already know that.

Reaction Score
Lol, no actually I didn't either. But I'd wager that you already know that.
You blamed the refs for stopping the clock and killing our momentum. Either you blamed them for letting the clock run or for doing their jobs and stopping it, both stupid.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You blamed the refs for stopping the clock and killing our momentum. Either you blamed them for letting the clock run or for doing their jobs and stopping it, both stupid.
Sigh, here's my post Jelly:
Nice momentum killer refs. We had them back on their heels.
When the clock didn't start up, that's the time blow a whistle not "several plays later" and certainly not in middle of a player's free throws, though CV made them both.

Because they didn't catch it right away it took forever to figure it out. Tulsa was back on their heels and recovered after the the second CV free throw. Whether it was a coaching adjustment or just catching their breath momentum definitely flipped after that. That's frustrating, though certainly not sole reason we lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom