Tulsa game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Tulsa game thread

Reaction Score
4 mins in the bonus and our players don’t attack attack attack .... other team layup layup open layup .. game over

Reaction Score
This is the fork game.

In other words, the "stick a fork in it, it is DONE."

I mean, this is the game you play for pride. The "we are pissed we lost that game in 2 overtimes at your place, now you are coming to our house...get ready" game. The "we are pissed you are writing trash about us in Tulsa, here comes the hurt" game. And Uconn lost. Honestly, we are in Mid Feb. and I gotta say, Uconn is more than done. Perhaps a win at ECU but Uconn never plays well on short turn around away from home. Than a beatdown at Cincy and home against a resurgent Temple before another beat down at Houston. This is just painful to watch.

I was more interested in checking out if Temple could score the upset over WSU. Or if Houston can expand their lead. That is a FIRST for me, as a Uconn fan, that I am MORE interested and intrigued about another game during a Uconn game.

Wow. Stick a fork in Uconn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Do those assistant coaches actually assist?

Reaction Score
Of course some will say you can’t win with this team. Yet this was a winnable game and Ollie went small again and let them back in the game. Polley got some threes but in 2nd half was pointless. We needed two bigs in there to take advantage of them being small. This was on Ollie not reason the flow of the game. With Williams and Carlton we were dominating.

Adams had a pull-up jumper for winner but threw up a bad shot. He’s doesn’t know how to draw contact.

Reaction Score
I’m down in St Pete Florida area eating some great grouper with my wife on the beach so I missed the whole game. Sounds like a normal uconn game except this time we had the lead. What happened to anderson and polley as they had 8 and 9 at half when I looked on my phone? Neither one scored again?

Reaction Score
Seemed like Vital wanted the shot on the last free throw - asking for it and yapping at Jalen after that horrendous failure of a last play. Can't wait for vital post game comments.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
4 mins in the bonus and our players don’t attack attack attack .... other team layup layup open layup .. game over
Yep. Sad. Can't understand how Tulsa was able to take the ball to the rim at will. I supposed this game shouldn't matter very much but this one really stings. To come out with such enthusiasm and energy for once only to fall flat in the end. I kind of felt like this was a pivotal game as we head into the final stretch of the season.

Reaction Score
This is the fork game.

I mean, this is the game you play for pride. The "we are pissed we lost that game in 2 overtimes at your place, now you are coming to our house...get ready" game. The "we are pissed you are writing trash about us in Tulsa, here comes the hurt" game. And Uconn lost. Honestly, we are in Mid Feb. and I gotta say, Uconn is more than done. Perhaps a win at ECU but Uconn never plays well on short turn around away from home. Than a beatdown at Cincy and home against a resurgent Temple before another beat down at Houston. This is just painful to watch.

I was more interested in checking out if Temple could score the upset over WSU. Or if Houston can expand their lead. That is a FIRST for me, as a Uconn fan, that I am MORE interested and intrigued about another game during a Uconn game.

Nah, the Ollie era was over a while ago. UConn basketball will come back.

Reaction Score
Seemed like Vital wanted the shot on the last free throw - asking for it and yapping at Jalen after that horrendous failure of a last play. Can't wait for vital post game comments.
Hopefully he'll mention how his pathetic defense on the last defensive set was disrespectful to the program

Reaction Score

Pretty sure he was yapping at the ref, not Jalen.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
AD Dave Benedict said he would evaluate after the season because MBB have had some incredible and unlikely finishes. With each loss, and this was a big one IMO, the likelihood of major changes looms larger. Would love to see the Huskies get hot like they have historically been able to in the latter part of the season but the chances of that happening seem extremely remote.

Reaction Score
Nah, the Ollie era was over a while ago. UConn basketball will come back.
My bad, I meant to say, stick a fork in the 17/18 incarnation of Uconn, whoops. I think they will be back in a few years, will take a while in my opinion, at least most likely. I was one of the few minorities calling for Ollie to be let go (coughafterYalecough) but have largely kept silent since that point, at least in regards to getting rid of him. But yah, I agree, been over for a while, but it is just painfully, glaringly obvious now.

Reaction Score
Lol.

I had a meeting.

I saw the halftime score and pretty much knew Tulsa would make some adjustment that would catch our guy flat footed.

I’m entirely done.
I watch a ton of college basketball and he's the worst coach I've seen all season. Obviously haven't watched every team but I would be surprised if there is a handful he's better than.

Reaction Score
I watch a ton of college basketball and he's the worst coach I've seen all season. Obviously haven't watched every team but I would be surprised if there is a handful he's better than.
This isn't hyperbole. He is that bad.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This is the fork game.

You have me cracking up. LOL But you are right. If the frosting wasn't on the cake yet, it is now. This was the game to to finish strong for bit. Win here then ECU. Looking forward to the AAC Tournament. Well that point was moot.

Reaction Score
I have watched Ricky Moore all season and can tell you he does nothing. A coat rack that would hold the warm ups would have more value during a game.

Reaction Score
Larrier: 28 minutes - 8 points (6 of which came in a 30 second span), 2-8 FG, 1 rebound, 3 TO's. Not to mention allowing his man have a wide open layup in the closing seconds as well as not boxing out on foul shots. His leash is the longest I've seen of any player ever. There is NOTHING he can do to get taken out. He wouldn't see a second with Calhoun as coach.

Reaction Score
Larrier: 28 minutes - 8 points (6 of which came in a 30 second span), 2-8 FG, 1 rebound, 3 TO's. Not to mention allowing his man have a wide open layup in the closing seconds as well as not boxing out on foul shots. His leash is the longest I've seen of any player ever. There is NOTHING he can do to get taken out. He wouldn't see a second with Calhoun as coach.

I'm finding him to be increasingly frustrating, and I give these kids a lot of slack when I root for them. It seems like it's a turnover 8 times out of 10 when he puts the ball on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom