Tulsa Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Tulsa Game Thread

Reaction Score
Shooting percentage was 40% at the half, now up to 56% for the game. Lead is approaching 50.
In track, swimming, and and cycling, there's such a thing as a "negative split" where you start slowly and go faster near the end. That's what they've done in this game, and absolutely nothing wrong with it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Irwin again reads the ball off the rim and fails to get the rebound. Nice positioning on the offensive end though.

Reaction Score
Irwin is really coming around but unfortunately Bent is going the other way.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Geno: "Well, you know, these guys really hate to practice. So, we might just take tomorrow and Tuesday off and just show up for the game. They would love that".

"I think you need a day off too".

Geno: "I do".

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Baskets in the Paint Final

Tulsa 8 (1-3-2-2)
UConn 24 (5-6-10-3)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kyla has improved, especially on the offensive end. She may have passed Molly in her effectiveness.
I was thinking that. Molly is so tentative to take a shot that defenses simply do not need to guard her in any real way. At least Kyla is willing to take a shot when she has an open look. Surprised and disappointed that for all her BBIQ, Molly seems to be going in the wrong direction. I wonder if her lack of confidence has become paralyzing...

JordyG

Reaction Score
All in all this was a good game, and I'm glad this team had some kind of obstacles and hurdles to overcome.

Reaction Score
I was thinking that. Molly is so tentative to take a shot that defenses simply do not need to guard her in any real way. At least Kyla is willing to take a shot when she has an open look. Surprised and disappointed that for all her BBIQ, Molly seems to be going in the wrong direction. I wonder if her lack of confidence has become paralyzing...

It's not going to get easier for Bent next year with a lot more depth coming in.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
32 assists on 39 hoops. Very nice! Saniya led with 7, followed by Gabby and Crystal with 6 each.

I think one of the things that adversely affected us was that Tulsa tended to run their offensive possessions deep into the shot clock. That slowed the tempo and kept us from running. It may have also made us impatient on offense.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is something that is both comforting and terrifying about a team like the Huskies that can seemingly flip a switch and play great whenever they need to, or want to.

The comforting part is that no matter how tough the competition, you always feel there is an extra gear the Huskies can shift into when needed.

The terrifying part is the ever present fear that some day the Huskies will face a top opponent, flip the switch and the engine will stall.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

We might be reading a bit too much into a few game fluctuation - these are freshmen, the freshman "wall" is real, and the absence of Gabby and Lou kinda called for a front-court player in the first half. It's Feb. 5, and we've got a long way to go, and Molly isn't, oh, 17% or so into her college career.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Collier really interests me. Her movements off the pick and roll are so precise and efficient. She moves quickly to and or from an exact spot to a precise spot to receive the pass. Crystal Dangerfield has started realize that although she may not see her move or she may not see her in space, she will be on those spots. Smart, efficient, very effective and consistent.

Reaction Score
The effect in the game imo was that Geno pulled Gabby and that Lou missed everything. When you take out your best defensive player and your top assist leader in Gabby and your best scorer is way, way, way off - you are going to be sub-par.

It was nice to see the team work on playing without these two great players. Chong really looks smooth.

I am so looking forward to the USC game. These teams we are beating - nice that our team shouldn't "wear down" during the season but on the other hand as a detriment give this team a false sense of security.

Reaction Score
There is something that is both comforting and terrifying about a team like the Huskies that can seemingly flip a switch and play great whenever they need to, or want to.

The comforting part is that no matter how tough the competition, you always feel there is an extra gear the Huskies can shift into when needed.

The terrifying part is the ever present fear that some day the Huskies will face a top opponent, flip the switch and the engine will stall.

Any team vying for a championship or winning their conference etc or even winning a game has the same fears. I agree with you. Every so often this UCONN Women's Program has fears like many others. :)

Reaction Score
It's not going to get easier for Bent next year with a lot more depth coming in.

Yes I don't believe she plays much next year either,too much talent coming in. But unlike some players that I've said that about in the past, Molly actually looks good enough where the choice is up to her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom