Tulsa Game Thoughts... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tulsa Game Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let me just say this again: where the HELL would this team be without Gibbs and Miller? That is one scary thought.
Well worst than last year which is what we thought we would be before they came. Though the route we are going we could still be worst than last year. Ugh!

Reaction Score
The only thoughts we should have is bearing Houston
This game is not worth discussing.
In this sport to dwell is sure way to continue the downward spiral.

Reaction Score
:eek: Speechless, imagine that.

I don't have the energy or time to talk about everything that is awful about this team and the coaching. I really don't. I am at a loss for words and this is rare.

This team can't win 20, no way no how. How can people play so crappy when they are so talented?
Cant find a way to disagree with anything you said. Spot on.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I think another big problem that hasn't really been brought up much is Rodney's lack of a handle on the basketball. Ollie's system, like it or not, is predicated on having multiple true distributors on the floor at once. Rodney is serving as a placeholder in that role this year but he simply has not dribbling ability whatsoever. His movement with the ball is robotic, stiff and predictable. He catches the ball on the wing, dribbles through his legs once or twice, and does his patented drove from the wing to down the middle of the paint, often times getting stripped or blocked with limited finishing ability (as well as limited free throw ability). To me, this is what makes it easy to contain Purvis, who potentially COULD be our best scorer, and turns him into a streaky guard who can't create for his teammates (ala his very low assists per game count).

Reaction Score
At least the bookies are catching on ( unlike some here ) they only had us as 1 point favorite tonight. Which I do find sad.... A lot here on Jim Calhoun as this is his hand picked and forced on Warde staff. Now having said that he would have this team running to the airport, get on the plane, land at BDL and run back to campus to practice running some more! The friend of players and constant looks of pain need to be replaced with some snarl and a good dash of growl.

Yeah, that horrible Jim Calhoun, cost us a championship!!!

Reaction Score
It's a good thing no one else was in my house last night during the game...
Daniel please don't take that shot (crppp)
Rodney why are you passing to Phil outside the key with 2 secs to shoot!!!
Nice rebound Dan. Now pass the ball up the court. Pass it. PASS IT. Dammm.
You just ran 25 seconds off the shot clock AGAIN doing nothing. You have 30 seconds to break down the defense! Do something!!
Crppp. They just gave up. No way we win.

Fortunately I didn't kick the dog, toss the cat or put the remote through my new tv. Just disgusted. These guys looked like they never played organized ball before.

Reaction Score
Well then that is on KO also as he didn't recruit anybody who was a fighter who could fill RB's shoes. At least with RB on the court I always felt we had a chance when we got down last year. This year I don't.
He's trying to recruit kids that are willing to work as hard as he did. I have absolutely zero problems with that. As long as they play hard all the time, what else can they do? Mug someone on the way in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom