Tulsa/ECU in for all sports in 2014 | The Boneyard

Tulsa/ECU in for all sports in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Tulsa will join old Big East & East Carolina will be added as full member in 2014, sources told @ESPN

The good news is that season tickets are about to get drastically cheaper.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
ECU Basketball - It Exists.

Why in the hell does this mess need a championship game in football anyway? Can't ESPN just let us end the football season and forget that it all happened?

zls44

Reaction Score
Hey, ECU made the Quarters of the CIT.

Reaction Score
It makes sense:

Taps into the Tulsa market, which has always been the crown jewel of realignment.

Reaction Score
So are we finally at 12 starting in 2015 with Navy? I lost track.
How many in 2014?

zls44

Reaction Score
Here's how much Tulsa sucks.

Their last massive stadium renovation included removing an entire seating stand from one side of the stadium to give them the smallest stadium in C-USA.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I have a somewhat unrelated and random questions.

They have said that the new conference championship game will be at the home stadium of the top ranked team. If UConn ends up hosting the championship game, do they get the revenue from the concessions/parking, or does that go to the conference as well? Just wondering if when I am paying $10 for a beer or $8 for a hot dog, if that is at least going to UConn somehow, or if that is subsidizing Tulane and Tulsa as well.

Also, will the hypothetical championship tickets be part of the season ticket package? Because if they are selling single game tickets only for a 'Championship' game between a 8-4 UConn and a 9-3 East Carolina at the end of the season on a short time line during the first weekend in December (blizzard anyone), we could be playing in front of 5,000 people!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Isn't that 11 for 2014? Uconn, Cinci, Houston, Memphis, SMU, USF, UCF, Temple, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa?

BigEastTimeline.jpg

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
....and when are they going to announce the much anticipated Metro Conference (or whatever the heck we are going to call ourselves) vs Sun Belt Challenge?!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Short of being rescued by another conference get used to it, or find another team. And I hope you aren't holding your breath for An ACC invite.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Tulsa will join old Big East & East Carolina will be added as full member in 2014, sources told @ESPN

The good news is that season tickets are about to get drastically cheaper.

I doubt that, but if you don't want to buy them that's your choice.

Reaction Score
As is Greenville NC. The former tobacco capital of the world.

When you fly in to RDU you come in right over Duke and UNC. Then you will have to take a bus right past NC St for a 2 1/2 hour ride to wonderful town of Greenville. Can't wait!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm hard pressed to find an analogy that fits Aresco's surrender of our conference. I know we didnt have a lot of chips, but the depths of the fall remains a little shocking. Worst case scenarios are being realized.

I'll still support the team...cant wait for the upcoming football season....lets fill the stadium anyway!

Reaction Score
Gene Defilippo as Genghis Khan, perhaps:

"The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."

I'm hard pressed to find an analogy that fits Aresco's surrender of our conference. I know we didnt have a lot of chips, but the depths of the fall remains a little shocking. Worst case scenarios are being realized.

I'll still support the team...cant wait for the upcoming football season....lets fill the stadium anyway!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
We knew this was going to happen, so my reaction is "meh". A better move than Tulane was, or UMass would have been. Once the western plan with Boise and SDSU collapsed, the only "good moves" - Air Force, BYU - were taken off the table.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We knew this was going to happen, so my reaction is "meh". A better move than Tulane was, or UMass would have been. Once the western plan with Boise and SDSU collapsed, the only "good moves" - Air Force, BYU - were taken off the table.

Exactly this. I'm not sure who this board thinks we were going to be able to add, and to the extent that we were looking for a good football addition, Tulsa fits the bill. No team outside of BYU was going to move the needle in terms of money or respect, and there was no way we were going to be able to get them, so.....welcome, Tulsa...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah...reality is just sinking in for me today...perhaps a little later for myself than for others.

Reaction Score
As is Greenville NC. The former tobacco capital of the world.,,,

ehhh It not a metropolis like Storrs,,but the girls arent as ugly either,,,

Reaction Score
Yeah...reality is just sinking in for me today...perhaps a little later for myself than for others.
I got to rock bottom about 2 weeks ago. Nothing left to do but support the team and hope for a way out.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
You knew it was going to happen... nothing was stopping that ball from rolling... ECU better get their sports teams outside of football up to par. Tulane now that they have recovered from Katrina has no excuses either. Tulsa... heck I don't even know what to say about that. Uconn is on an island and Aresco does not want to even address it!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I personally would like to take the time to welcome our new Group B members!

Welcome! Welcome!

I believe East Carolina will fit in nicely in our new Hurricane division while Tulsa is a swell fit for the Tornado division.

I'm trademarking that s***, so don't even try to steal it, Aresco.

Reaction Score
Fishy, I had no idea you have skills in sports marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom