Tulsa/ECU in for all sports in 2014 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tulsa/ECU in for all sports in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN does currently have different ticket prices for football depending on the opponent. The conference game tickets for football tended to be more expensive than non-conference opponents (at least for group sales tickets, which is what I am familiar with). In order for UCONN to get people in the seats for our new conference games they are going to have really cut ticket prices. There is absolutely no buzz for any of the teams in the new conference. We know that they are going to jack up the prices for any high profile non-conference opponent.

Reaction Score
Maybe we should add FGCU before someone else gets them. It'd be worth it just so we can check out the bball coaches wife!!

Reaction Score
Tulsa was 11-3 last year with a bowl win against Iowa St. They return their QB, 2600 Yds and TB 1100 yards.

Reaction Score
Tulsa was 11-3 last year with a bowl win against Iowa St. They return their QB, 2600 Yds and TB 1100 yards.

Exactly.

And no one really knew that. It will be a competitive Program ... until a $20m+ Cartel School steals their Coach; and then who knows.

Reaction Score
Personally, I am far more worried that Coach P will get his ass kicked in this conference than I am about getting out. We better win this mofo.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Tulsa will join old Big East & East Carolina will be added as full member in 2014, sources told @ESPN

The good news is that season tickets are about to get drastically cheaper.

Can you just stop taking cheap shots at UConn? We are in a bad conference. We all get it. ESPN put us there. Good for ESPN. You win.

Reaction Score
The good news is that season tickets are about to get drastically cheaper.[/quote]

Im confused did mcmurphy say this or this your opinion?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have a somewhat unrelated and random questions.

They have said that the new conference championship game will be at the home stadium of the top ranked team. If UConn ends up hosting the championship game, do they get the revenue from the concessions/parking, or does that go to the conference as well? Just wondering if when I am paying $10 for a beer or $8 for a hot dog, if that is at least going to UConn somehow, or if that is subsidizing Tulane and Tulsa as well.

Also, will the hypothetical championship tickets be part of the season ticket package? Because if they are selling single game tickets only for a 'Championship' game between a 8-4 UConn and a 9-3 East Carolina at the end of the season on a short time line during the first weekend in December (blizzard anyone), we could be playing in front of 5,000 people!

You are a fan of a team that is 10-14 the last 2 years and you are worried about who might get your hot dog revenue in a hypothetical championship home game?

Would you prefer to pay for the championship game tickets in your season package giving a few thousand more people a reason not to buy them?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The good news is that season tickets are about to get drastically cheaper.

Im confused did mcmurphy say this or this your opinion?[/quote]

I doubt they drop prices overall, but with dynamic pricing, expect the...less-spectacular conference/OOC games to become much cheaper than $35.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs must be in his glory. UConn is now officially in Conference USA. He does not have to worry about the scum at the top of college athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom