Tulane To Big East? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tulane To Big East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
John Roach, NOLA.com:
Tulane's president says the school "will compete for and win Big East championships."

Tammy Nunez, Nola.com:
Big East said Tulane's commitment to athletics since Katrina was a big factor in inviting Tulane to the conference.

did the storm wash away there trophy case or something?

Reaction Score
John Roach, NOLA.com:
Tulane's president says the school "will compete for and win Big East championships."
Well, there may only be five teams left by the time Tulane officially joins. So yeah, they could compete for Big East championships.

Reaction Score
I'm really hoping this is a sign that we are leaving the conference. I would think that UMass would be a much better choice than Tulane. Northeast footprint, good basketball, rivalry with Temple and UConn. So the fact they are not adding UMass probably means that UConn is out and the Catholic schools will form their CYO league.

Also BSU and SDSU are probably gone or else they would have gone after UNLV or Fresno State over ECU.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
just so u ppl know, tulane is building a new stadium 40k...the newwwwww ige east will be the best east coast mid major i think. the mac has some good programs but not markets and potential like the nbe.

Didn't someone earlier post that Tulane drew 2,100 for a game vs SMU. That will be a NBE conference game. Why would they be able to fill this new 40k stadium vs what they have now? Do they still play in the Superdome? I haven't seen Tulane play other than on a video game once

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Didn't someone earlier post that Tulane drew 2,100 for a game vs SMU. That will be a NBE conference game. Why would they be able to fill this new 40k stadium vs what they have now? Do they still play in the Superdome? I haven't seen Tulane play other than on a video game once

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

tulane has like 15k students if i remember right. small but not brutal small. i think they are having trouble drawing to the superdome right now, with the move the the big east and a 40k on campus stadium i think attendance will rise quick. i wouldn't be suprised to hear 30k for games by 2015.

Reaction Score
tulane has like 15k students if i remember right. small but not brutal small. i think they are having trouble drawing to the superdome right now, with the move the the big east and a 40k on campus stadium i think attendance will rise quick. i wouldn't be suprised to hear 30k for games by 2015.

That's good because the new stadium only seats 30K. See above link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom