Tulane To Big East? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tulane To Big East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I thought Ruston was 100 miles from NO. It is actually over 300. Still surprising

Jim

Reaction Score
Tulane officially makes it the Big Easy Conference.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Really surprising both ways. Other than academics, why Tulane over La Tech for Big East? And if you are Tulane, why not see what happens to ACC first? If they lose 6 or 8, Tulane could be in a league with Duke and Wake. Strange.

....and Vandy, northwestern, Stanford and Yale. B1G would have nothing on that league.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Time for us to drop football and play in a NE all=sports conference. Or the MAC. I would rather be in the MAC than the nBE.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really surprising both ways. Other than academics, why Tulane over La Tech for Big East? And if you are Tulane, why not see what happens to ACC first? If they lose 6 or 8, Tulane could be in a league with Duke and Wake. Strange.

Or you could get academics and a decent football and hoops program with Tulsa.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Any info on which schools voted??? That could give us some insight into who is leaving/staying.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is the BE trying to get out ahead of an ACC announcement just to look proactive? You could sit on this news until 2014.

Reaction Score
I thought Ruston was 100 miles from NO. It is actually over 300. Still surprising
Ruston's a crap-hole on the back side of a pimple, plus no one lives in that puss ball. Other than that, no one own's a $(&$&#) TV or PC. Great idea! ;)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I just threw up in my mouth after reading about Tulane, but I just saw that ECU is part of this as a football-only:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8682572/tulane-join-big-east-all-sports-source-said

"The reconfigured Big East also will include many schools who are currently or once played in Conference USA. East Carolina will join Big East as a football only member in 2014, sources told ESPN."

This must mean that one (or more) of our teams are gone. The Big East has always had ECU in the bag, and the fact that they are getting ECU and Tulane means that they are likely replacing a departing team (since the BE still had small hopes that BYU or would change their minds). Who's leaving? After hearing Tulane....I pray it's us!!!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Sorry Dan, Rutgers is leaving. Tulane is replacing them. ECU is just football team number 14.

Reaction Score
I just threw up in my mouth after reading about Tulane, but I just saw that ECU is part of this as a football-only:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8682572/tulane-join-big-east-all-sports-source-said

"The reconfigured Big East also will include many schools who are currently or once played in Conference USA. East Carolina will join Big East as a football only member in 2014, sources told ESPN."

This must mean that one (or more) of our teams are gone. The Big East has always had ECU in the bag, and the fact that they are getting ECU and Tulane means that they are likely replacing a departing team (since the BE still had small hopes that BYU or would change their minds). Who's leaving? After hearing Tulane....I pray it's us!!!
Why does all this preemptive backwards stuff happen when UConn is involved? Like we haven't gone through enough crap already? This better not take another week.

Reaction Score
McMurphyESPN Brett McMurphy
Big East considering Red, Blue Division names in 2015. C-USA division names used to be called Red, White & Blue

Reaction Score
If you are religious and, frankly, even if you are not, pray that we get out of this mess as soon as possible.

To think that two of the nation's best basketball programs and one of the fastest rising football programs could be stuck in a conference with this ..........I don't know what........is so depressing I can't stand it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Sorry Dan, Rutgers is leaving. Tulane is replacing them. ECU is just football team number 14.

Don't be sorry. I'm pretty sure I'm right...;)

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Don't be sorry. I'm pretty sure I'm right...;)

I pray you are. Know anything more than what's been reported? (Even if you don't just make something up and tell me it's from an inside source to make me feel good.)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I pray you are. Know anything more than what's been reported? (Even if you don't just make something up and tell me it's from an inside source to make me feel good.)

Well, there's this person called The Guy of UConn...:p

Reaction Score
As a Tulane alum I am happy about this move. The only ship that has sunk more then the Big East is Conference USA. As a Uconn fan I am hoping something is imminent about joining the ACC, this stuff just makes you go crazy.

Some Tulane alumni/fans had crazy thoughts that they had an outside shot at the Big 10 because of their AAU membership and decent tv market. They do have a historically better athletic program then Rutgers, so it maybe it is not that far-fetched.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

The Big East is like scaping out the bottem of the peanut butter jar. Sure what's left is a little crummy and a little oily but if that's all that is there, you deal with it.

rats-sinking-ship.jpg

Reaction Score
As a Tulane alum I am happy about this move. The only ship that has sunk more then the Big East is Conference USA. As a Uconn fan I am hoping something is imminent about joining the ACC, this stuff just makes you go crazy.

Some Tulane alumni/fans had crazy thoughts that they had an outside shot at the Big 10 because of their AAU membership and decent tv market. They do have a historically better athletic program then Rutgers, so it maybe it is not that far-fetched.

Historically better than Rutgers? Didn't they beat Rutgers in football in either '10 or '11?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just so u ppl know, tulane is building a new stadium 40k...the newwwwww ige east will be the best east coast mid major i think. the mac has some good programs but not markets and potential like the nbe.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Well I've been waiting a year to hear this news. Finally some good news!:eek:

Reaction Score
John Roach, NOLA.com:
Tulane's president says the school "will compete for and win Big East championships."

Tammy Nunez, Nola.com:
Big East said Tulane's commitment to athletics since Katrina was a big factor in inviting Tulane to the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom