Tulane post-game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tulane post-game

Reaction Score
Things that haven't been mentioned:

1. ONO, five rebounds in 8 minutes. Other than her foul shooting, she is trying to make the most of her limited time.

2. Geno has seemingly accepted that this isn't a great shooting team (in comparison to some of his others) by really cranking up the defensive pressure. They smothered Tulane.

3. Interesting that Phee added a rehearsal stroke to her foul shot routine. I think it will help her long-term. Speaking of Phee, teams are smothering her when she is driving in the lane. She has to get her head up and kick it out. She has before but the ball pressure on her in the lane has increased.

4. I guess I am in the minority. I didn't like Crystal's emotional outburst. Tulane was doing their fair share of cheap defensive moves but nothing like ND. I wish Geno would have pulled her for a bit and remind her that he needed her to maintain her composure.

5. You seemingly only see the full court pressure against lower level teams. I don't think they pressed at all against Baylor or ND.

6. UCONN has been lethal in recent years hitting the three out of transition. I think it was Geno who said that it is hard to get an open three look out of the half court offense.

7. Lower scoring games may be the norm until the team comes out of their "shooting" slump.

8. I can't believe a foul was not called when Lou was hip-checked into the baseline basket support.

9. Maybe I haven't noticed but Molly is become a vicious on-the ball defender. Second straight game that she provided useful minutes off the bench. Yea Molly.

10. It is still a little weird watching the team's 6' 3 All-American forward running the point.
#10---KLS has been doing that in many games this year.
#5----Nd and Baylor has height to pass over and both defended the Basket well
#4---Until you and I know more about what happened--I side with Danger. Since she has Never before been soo vocal I tend to think there was more to that along with what was happening most of the game to Crystal.
#1----ONO wasn't great wasn't awful. More FT's during games will get those shots going.\
I'd like to see more than 10 minutes per game (AAC) for Olivia each game she makes a baby step forward.

Reaction Score
Just back from New Orleans and catching up with the BY. Some reactions:
First, let's remember who the competition was. If Tulane is a good team (I mean, they were 13-3 going into the game, admittedly against mostly light competition), they had a really awful game. Tons of missed easy ones, chucking up all sorts of quick shots and what seemed to me to be a record number of air balls.
Second, Megan had a great game. To watch her on the court, you would think she was the team leader.against Tulane. But again, she was wonderful against Tulane. I'm hoping she builds on this against league competition and is ready to take on more responsibility against better teams in the tournament.
Third, Fogelman is a fun place to watch a game, a really old building with mostly great sight lines. If you get a chance to go on the road, consider Tulane.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom