Tulane game thoughts | The Boneyard

Tulane game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well.

This game is a win that truly feels like somewhat of a loss. I know the refs were awful and i agree 100% that we didn't get the calls they did, but this team is seriously in trouble if they play like this against even mediocre teams. Tulane is just not a good team and in the middle of the second half we made them look like a good team.

People who want/wanted Adams to star are now eating their words because he was invisible while Gibbs saved us in the end.

I'm a huge fan of Hamilton but his shot selection was atrocious and he had a very difficult time driving left.

Purvis was great in the 1st half yet nothing much in the second half.
Couldn't get a gauge on Facey because i think he must've played all of 10-12 minutes.
Miller played okay i guess but he gets in foul trouble far too easy, albeit some phantom calls were involved.

Also, Enoch didn't impress me very much and he truly looked like a freshman. Some people want him to play more but it seemed Nolan did more in 2 minutes than Enoch did in all of his.

I know it might seem kind of harsh but this was a very ugly game against a pretty bad team. We should have won by 20+, and we can blame the refs for everything, although they were horrible.

Reaction Score
Adams while talented is not nearly ready to assume a larger role. He is a turnover machine and lacks shot from the outside. You live with Gibbs because eventually he will shoot with more consistency.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the guys who actually stepped on the court probably feel like they won but cool

H

huskymagic

Rodney and Sterling saved the game for us today which is good especially for Gibbs confidence. I will give him his due today as he is playing more to his strengths lately and not doing too much. Unacceptable for 3 of our big men to foul out against Tulane. Yes officiating was horrendous, but that is inexcusable and Ollie needs to wake up and get tough on the refs and his guys for picking fouls like that. D-Ham had an OK game, but his defense is lackluster and his drives to the rim are prayers and turnovers half the time.

We all know Jalen Adams is one of my guys on this team, but he looks lost and not good at all last couple of games. He needs to regain his confidence because his shot is off, his handle is shaky, and he is playing way too tentative and scared out there. He needs to start playing with more tenacity out there because he is capable.

Enoch does not have a clue how to defend his man or rebound properly for a guy his size.

Amida Brimah get well soon as you are definitely missed and ABSOLUTELY needed.

Reaction Score
Well.

This game is a win that truly feels like somewhat of a loss. I know the refs were awful and i agree 100% that we didn't get the calls they did, but this team is seriously in trouble if they play like this against even mediocre teams. Tulane is just not a good team and in the middle of the second half we made them look like a good team.

People who want/wanted Adams to star are now eating their words because he was invisible while Gibbs saved us in the end.

I'm a huge fan of Hamilton but his shot selection was atrocious and he had a very difficult time driving left.

Purvis was great in the 1st half yet nothing much in the second half.
Couldn't get a gauge on Facey because i think he must've played all of 10-12 minutes.
Miller played okay i guess but he gets in foul trouble far too easy, albeit some phantom calls were involved.

Also, Enoch didn't impress me very much and he truly looked like a freshman. Some people want him to play more but it seemed Nolan did more in 2 minutes than Enoch did in all of his.

I know it might seem kind of harsh but this was a very ugly game against a pretty bad team. We should have won by 20+, and we can blame the refs for everything, although they were horrible.

I have to disagree it does feel like a win. A game they would have lost last year for sure, they battled through the crap thrown at them. Agree on DHam and I think right there you kind of answered where Rodney was. Too much DHam in the 2nd half and not enough Rodney. Once in a while you need to take it out of his hands, especially when others are playing better.

Reaction Score
Rodney and Sterling saved the game for us today which is good especially for Gibbs confidence. I will give him his due today as he is playing more to his strengths lately and not doing too much. Unacceptable for 3 of our big men to foul out against Tulane. Yes officiating was horrendous, but that is inexcusable and Ollie needs to wake up and get tough on the refs and his guys for picking fouls like that. D-Ham had an OK game, but his defense is lackluster and his drives to the rim are prayers and turnovers half the time.

We all know Jalen Adams is one of my guys on this team, but he looks lost and not good at all last couple of games. He needs to regain his confidence because his shot is off, his handle is shaky, and he is playing way too tentative and scared out there. He needs to start playing with more tenacity out there because he is capable.

Enoch does not have a clue how to defend his man or rebound properly for a guy his size.

Amida Brimah get well soon as you are definitely missed and ABSOLUTELY needed.

Enoch rebounds like a man but agree on his defense. But that's all of our bigs. Lord knows he can score it though, throw it in there once in a while he has more back tot he basket skills than any of them, That lefty hook was sweet and strong. He needs time, but some day he will be.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty happy. I only listened to the radio so i didn't actually watch what i assume was a horror show. But no Brimah. Almost all the bigs fouled out. Yet we still won. And Gibbs stepped up. We need him. Hopefully this is a stepping stone for him. The team didn't fold and i like what I'm seeing from Rodney, Dham and the team in general.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Um, I am seeing it a different way. Our boys played against a starting 8. This was a huge storm they weathered. The pressure was huge.The odds were against them. I didn't see anything they did that bad that would of erased that big of a lead. Picking apart players after this game is not on my list. Sure there were a couple of bonehead plays. A couple of ridiculous turnovers. Actually this win may look better than you think.

Reaction Score
What was up with that one clown on Tulane, two technicals both AFTER makes by Tulane, one a 3 point play by him. I can't believe the coach put him back in after that. Ollie would never play someone after that first ridiculous technical

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Enoch rebounds like a man but agree on his defense. But that's all of our bigs. Lord knows he can score it though, throw it in there once in a while he has more back tot he basket skills than any of them, That lefty hook was sweet and strong. He needs time, but some day he will be.
I agree. He does have a sweet hook. That push foul on him was over the top ridiculous. Of course that was a "and 1".

Reaction Score
I thought this was a great win. Every game without Brimah becomes a solid learning experience for Facey and Enoch. Every game where Purvis, Gibbs, DHam, and Miller carries a heavier load and come out successful only raises their game and confidence. Come March, these guys will have a deeper pool to dig deep down. When they are running at full strength they will be seasoned and they will be scary.

Reaction Score
What was up with that one clown on Tulane, two technicals both AFTER makes by Tulane, one a 3 point play by him. I can't believe the coach put him back in after that. Ollie would never play someone after that first ridiculous technical

Jarreau you can tell is just a punk. The type who can't control himself from being an a**wipe.

Reaction Score
Its a win closer to the return of Brimah. It was a road win..a big plus, regardless of the opponent. Two road wins way down south is huge. Officiating be damned we gutted it out and withstood a large 17-0 drought to grab the win. they need to clean up the travel calls and learn how the cheap fouls get them ( I hate that touch foul call) but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
My favorite take from the game was in the first half when Pete Gillen (pronounced: Jilly-ann) said he was eating tossed salad.
Thought he said he couldn't afford the salad... had to go the tofu route.

Reaction Score
My favorite take from the game was in the first half when Pete Gillen (pronounced: Jilly-ann) said he was eating tossed salad.
He said he eats tofu because he cannot afford salad.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the guys who actually stepped on the court probably feel like they won but cool
You're right i was just pretty sour about how the second half.

I have to disagree it does feel like a win. A game they would have lost last year for sure, they battled through the crap thrown at them. Agree on DHam and I think right there you kind of answered where Rodney was. Too much DHam in the 2nd half and not enough Rodney. Once in a while you need to take it out of his hands, especially when others are playing better.
I agree we would have probably lost this game last year. I want to clarify now that it doesn't feel like a loss rather a frustrating win

Reaction Score
What was the 2nd TF, and what did the UC player (PN?) do?

Reaction Score
I agree SE has a great back to the basket game and can rebound. His D is just awful at this stage. Though when he is in there like the CCSU game the guards need to look more for him. He always gets great position in sealing off his man.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This absolutely. He just forced it too much. I will say it didn't feel like the guys were filling the lanes when he drove though, just complete clear outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom