Tulane- a must win game? | The Boneyard

Tulane- a must win game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If you look at the rest of the 2014 schedule, our next game down in New Orleans is pretty much a must win in my book...

Take a look- we have to win at Tulane, beat (a good) Army team at Yankee Stadium, then run the table after our second bye week against Cincy at home, Memphis on the road, and finish strong against SMU (who hasn't won a game yet) home at The Rent.

We "could" finish wiht a 6-6 record and possibly a bowl still if Diaco gets this offense working again, gets the O-Line blocking for Ron Johnson, Akreel Newsome, and Josh Marriner to get the ground game going, and gets Tim Boyle in at Quarterback (IMO we've seen all we're going to get out of Whitmer- time to make the change, and after a bye week is the perfect time to do so). Unless this "lower leg injury" is really that serious, its time.

It all starts next Saturday night at 8 PM down in the bayou against a very beatable Tulane team. GO HUSKIES!!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If you look at the rest of the 2014 schedule, our next game down in New Orleans is pretty much a must win in my book...

Take a look- we have to win at Tulane, beat (a good) Army team at Yankee Stadium, then run the table after our second bye week against Cincy at home, Memphis on the road, and finish strong against SMU (who hasn't won a game yet) home at The Rent.

We "could" finish wiht a 6-6 record and possibly a bowl still if Diaco gets this offense working again, gets the O-Line blocking for Ron Johnson, Akreel Newsome, and Josh Marriner to get the ground game going, and gets Tim Boyle in at Quarterback (IMO we've seen all we're going to get out of Whitmer- time to make the change, and after a bye week is the perfect time to do so). Unless this "lower leg injury" is really that serious, its time.

It all starts next Saturday night at 8 PM down in the bayou against a very beatable Tulane team. GO HUSKIES!!

'Like' your enthusiasm -

Reaction Score

I say, pass the Dutchie pon the left hand side
Pass the Dutchie pon the left hand side
It a gonna burn

Reaction Score
It's a great opportunity to evaluate the team.

Tulane will be our partner in improving the Huskies.

Reaction Score
LOL. There are no more "must wins" on the schedule this year.

Sometimes this place can be worse than Fantasyland.

Reaction Score
As long as we win the team breakfast on game day, I wouldn't worry about beating Tulane...

Reaction Score

Thanks for the very positive post. I want to join you in spirit but I am still "processing" the Temple game. By Saturday night I 'll be ready!

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Thanks for the very positive post. I want to join you in spirit but I am still "processing" the Temple game. By Saturday night I 'll be ready!
This Saturday or next??
:)

Reaction Score

Let us hope the team you have going to a bowl at least has the schedule down. Then again if we can count a bye week as a win it's a start...

Reaction Score
I don't want to get humiliated in a bowl game on the national stage. I want to see positive improvement to get me excited for next season play some of the better teams like ECU as close as we can - not get blown out - and show some moments of promise. Eliminate the penalties, put some drives together that are more than 3 downs, and highlight some of our talent. Is that too much to ask?

Reaction Score
I love your enthusiasm but I just can't go there. 6-6 does not seem to be the goal based on what we've seen so far. It's my goal, just not the goal. I don't think I've heard any coach talk about the importance of being bowl eligible. If somebody has the tape please post it because I want to hear it. Badly!

Imageuimbf.jpg

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
"IF" we get to a bowl, and that is an immense "IF", we don't have to worry about national humiliation. It's not a P-5 bowl, and not many will watch the game outside of die hard fans of both teams.

Reaction Score
People really think this team is going to a bowl? I wish I had that optimism.

Reaction Score
When Diaco starts making moves that indicate winning is important to him, that will be a must win game. We may not see that this year.

Reaction Score
I guess I progressed thru the grief stages quicker than most. The first post is in the denial phase. Others are in the anger and rationalization phase. I am in the acceptance phase.

I have accepted that on the field results, the play calling and the coaching moves are all part of the grand plan. I have accepted that this year is a throwaway year. Wins are not a sign of anything positive and losses are not a sign of anything negative. I have accepted that what is shown during the games does not matter as much as what happens in practice. I have accepted that the entire team, from the head coach to the student manager that washes the jock straps, are winning every day by just getting up and growing.

My doctor has told me that acceptance is essential to no further deterioration of my mental state and my liver (acceptance = less drinking to numb the pain). He has even given me a mantra to repeat over and over to myself...."tap the rock....tap the rock....tap the rock....tap the rock....it will break". Acceptance, the mantra and the Valium prescription have me feeling much better.

Reaction Score
"IF" we get to a bowl, and that is an immense "IF", we don't have to worry about national humiliation. It's not a P-5 bowl, and not many will watch the game outside of die hard fans of both teams.
If we get to a bowl, I actually think it will be a pretty good story since it will mean we A. have turned the season around, B. beaten at least 1 or 2 pretty good football teams. Does it matter really that its the National Federation of Associations Paperclip Bowl against the Sunbelt #7 on Christmas Eve at midnight? Not a bit. I would sign up for some crapola bowl right now. Can't imagine it happening, but I'd take it without complaint if it does.

Reaction Score
I just want a Saturday dinner that tastes good. Has absolutely nothing with UConn winning or losing and has everything to do with my wife's ability to cook.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My goal is more modest that a bowl. Taking a "one game at a time" approach, I'd like to see UConn beat an FBS level program this year (which would allow the possibility that UConn isn't the worst one). Once we beat one...maybe even Tulane, I'll adjust the goal accordingly. At present, that's the target.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
If we get to a bowl, I actually think it will be a pretty good story since it will mean we A. have turned the season around, B. beaten at least 1 or 2 pretty good football teams. Does it matter really that its the National Federation of Associations Paperclip Bowl against the Sunbelt #7 on Christmas Eve at midnight? Not a bit. I would sign up for some crapola bowl right now. Can't imagine it happening, but I'd take it without complaint if it does.

The best thing about any bowl - even the crap bowl - is the extra practices associated with it. That would be HUGE for the coaches and team. I want it to happen and will continue to cheer wildly - but it ain't happening.

Why don't the teams who don't get a bowl invite get to practice as well - wouldn't that help competitive balance? Lord knows it those teams that need the extra practice.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I just want a Saturday dinner that tastes good. Has absolutely nothing with UConn winning or losing and has everything to do with my wife's ability to cook.
That ain't right...
:)
You better hope she don't read over your shoulder one of these nights - you'll be eating in the Dog House!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom