Tuesday at Dayton: ESPN+ ??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tuesday at Dayton: ESPN+ ???

Reaction Score
Why Pac-12 is the only one to provide free streaming video for all their games?

I have cable and pay ESPN+ but I cannot watch ACC, SEC, BTN, CBSSN and ESPNU games. I really give credit to PAC-12 for their free service.
Get the Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ package for about $13/month, and you’ll get all of them.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Get the Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ package for about $13/month, and you’ll get all of them.
Good advice...We already have Hulu and were able to add the other two for the $12.99 package price.

Reaction Score
You mean this $13/month package includes the ACC, BTN, SEC and CBSSN (Hulu Live Channels)?

Reaction Score
The 13.00 package inc Hulu, is not the LIVE Hulu, just their Library of shows. no sports.
Thank you. This is what I read from Hulu site. I really appreciate your answer.

Reaction Score
I turned on the ESPN App (not to be confused with the regular ESPN channel) on the ROKU. Noticed the "Top Upcoming Events" has the two upcoming UConn games featured. Sunday's game @Ohio State will be on the "regular" ESPN channel of your favorite TV provider (YouTube TV for me) and also shown on ESPN3.

This game should not be the problem for most fans...it's the Tuesday's game @Dayton that have some worried. The graphic does show it will be available on ESPN+. Unless one has an ESPN+ account, one will not be able to watch this game. From what I have read, ESPN+ no longer offers a free trial.

If this game is really...really important for some fans to watch live, create an account on ESPN+ for $4.99 and if you wish cancel it after this game. I have the year subscription for $49.99 (saving of about $10 for the year)

1574497916177.png

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I just bought the ESPN+ package, and so far I have watched Ohio State vs Kent State; South Florida vs Baylor; South Carolina vs Dayton and UCF vs FGCU all on Demand on ESPN+. I bought the package so that I could watch UConn vs Dayton. I will definitely be getting my money's worth :).

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I looked at the ESPN+ as a possible bundle package with Disney+ and Hulu for the Dayton/SC game and decided after looking at what they offered with Hulu (w/commercials) it just wasn't worth it. I just went with the stand alone Disney+.

Reaction Score
It's nice that TV (and UConn) watching has been simplified and made cheaper. Still, every year people scramble to figure out the latest incantations of hardware and software to get the right mix of price/performance and programming. Butt(?) soon it will all settle down and get cheaper when there are a couple...two, three(?) BIG providers that dominate the market again...won't it?

It's much better than the good old days of CPTV.

Uh, wait...;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why Pac-12 is the only one to provide free streaming video for all their games?

I have cable and pay ESPN+ but I cannot watch ACC, SEC, BTN, CBSSN and ESPNU games. I really give credit to PAC-12 for their free service.
Your tv provider determines what is available via ESPN+. Youtubetv has contract with SEC, ACC, BTN but does not include PAC-12 orBig-12. Bottom line is you can usually get any of those services unless they are being broadcast live by TV provider. That means I can watch any games being broadcast by Sec, ACC, and BTN.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
It's nice that TV (and UConn) watching has been simplified and made cheaper. Still, every year people scramble to figure out the latest incantations of hardware and software to get the right mix of price/performance and programming. Butt(?) soon it will all settle down and get cheaper when there are a couple...two, three(?) BIG providers that dominate the market again...won't it?

It's much better than the good old days of CPTV.

Uh, wait...;)
And come next year we might be scrambling again. Doesn't the SNY contract with UConn end after this season? And who is the broadcaster for the Big East? Right now I think it might be Fox Sports but I am not 100% positive.
But I guess that this is a thread that will be posted quite a bit after this season ends...

Reaction Score
And come next year we might be scrambling again. Doesn't the SNY contract with UConn end after this season? And who is the broadcaster for the Big East? Right now I think it might be Fox Sports but I am not 100% positive.
But I guess that this is a thread that will be posted quite a bit after this season ends...

This thread and its ancestors have been posted every year since "the beginning".:)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Reminds me of Groundhog Day. I Got You Babe!

Reaction Score
Yeah, same here. I was always looking to drop Comcast. Glad these live streaming services came along. I have had YouTube TV now for about 3 years.
I have DirecTv package and have other sports channels. This means I can schedule UConn games to be recorded, even though I usually watch in near time (or a 15 minute delay to skip through commercials.) ESPN+ games can’t be scheduled for recording so you have to watch in real time. I have never missed a UConn game here in the Colorado mountains. The main problem with DirecTV is that they don’t carry PAC-12 (I get it separately) because PAC-12 makes far more money by not partnering with DirecTV—they are with Dish, Sling, etc.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have DirecTv package and have other sports channels. This means I can schedule UConn games to be recorded, even though I usually watch in near time (or a 15 minute delay to skip through commercials.) ESPN+ games can’t be scheduled for recording so you have to watch in real time. I have never missed a UConn game here in the Colorado mountains. The main problem with DirecTV is that they don’t carry PAC-12 (I get it separately) because PAC-12 makes far more money by not partnering with DirecTV—they are with Dish, Sling, etc.

Can't you watch ESPN+ games on replay?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Your tv provider determines what is available via ESPN+. Youtubetv has contract with SEC, ACC, BTN but does not include PAC-12 orBig-12. Bottom line is you can usually get any of those services unless they are being broadcast live by TV provider. That means I can watch any games being broadcast by Sec, ACC, and BTN.
ESPN+ is scheduled to stream 54 Big12 WBB games (referred to as Big 12 Now) and also some Texas games that are on the Longhorn Network.
I don't know if having YouTube TV as a tv provider will affect this but my guess would be no even though these conferences are not available. I will find out this afternoon when Rice vs. OK State is scheduled as part of their Big 12 Now schedule.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the first time in a long time that I may have to pay extra to see a regular season UConn game. I already pay through the nose for cable and College Sports Live, now I have to add 5 bucks just to watch this one game. I'm ticked as a cup of spit and F*#%.
Jordy G you are right on the money (no pun intended). It's appears that Comcast, along with other carriers, are suddenly changing their "packages" for a larger profit while telling subscribers that they are actually making things better for them. Yea, sounds like my recruiting sgt. when he told me how great it will be seeing the world at the expense of the government.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
My TV provider is YouTube TV and I am streaming ESPN+ via Roku and the Rice vs. OK State Big 12 Now game is available for me.
My YouTube TV location is NC.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or is ESPN moving a lot of women's bball games from its regular channels to ESPN+? I haven't seen any of the weekday games scheduled on ESPN, ESPN2, SEC, as well as B10; Notre Dame I believe is only on the ACC network, for which you pay extra, & some relatively significant games I would expect to see on WatchESPN/ESPN3 are scheduled for ESPN+

On a related note, I thank Disney+ for concentrating a lot of the film & video I don't want to see in one package that I don't need to purchase. Should make NETFLIX a lot less clogged and probably opens more slots for films from around the world.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or is ESPN moving a lot of women's bball games from its regular channels to ESPN+? I haven't seen any of the weekday games scheduled on ESPN, ESPN2, SEC, as well as B10; Notre Dame I believe is only on the ACC network, for which you pay extra, & some relatively significant games I would expect to see on WatchESPN/ESPN3 are scheduled for ESPN+

On a related note, I thank Disney+ for concentrating a lot of the film & video I don't want to see in one package that I don't need to purchase. Should make NETFLIX a lot less clogged and probably opens more slots for films from around the world.
You are correct in that a lot of WBB games are on ESPN+, but the majority of them are games on Big 12 Now, which means that they involve teams from the Big 12.
On the General Women's Basketball sub forum, pinned at the top, is the ESPN Networks schedule of games that will be on their various platforms.
There are at least two other networks that might carry WBB games but I don't know what games are currently planned. The networks are Fox Sports (FS1, FS2 and Regional Fox Sports Networks) and CBSSN. I am guessing that the website for these might have more information.
It is my understanding that the Dayton game is on ESPN+ because ESPN+ has the broadcast rights for the A10 conference.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
You are correct in that a lot of WBB games are on ESPN+, but the majority of them are games on Big 12 Now, which means that they involve teams from the Big 12.
On the General Women's Basketball sub forum, pinned at the top, is the ESPN Networks schedule of games that will be on their various platforms.
There are at least two other networks that might carry WBB games but I don't know what games are currently planned. The networks are Fox Sports (FS1, FS2 and Regional Fox Sports Networks) and CBSSN. I am guessing that the website for these might have more information.
It is my understanding that the Dayton game is on ESPN+ because ESPN+ has the broadcast rights for the A10 conference.
Thanks much for the tip & the information! I generally see a couple of women's bball games scheduled on the SEC network on Sundays, but didn't see anything today. On the plus side the networks seem to be scheduling a lot of women's volleyball, so women's sports is not absent.

Reaction Score
I just tried to get the Oregon game on the ESPN app, but Xfinity does not carry the ACC network, so it was a no go

Reaction Score
This is the first time in a long time that I may have to pay extra to see a regular season UConn game. I already pay through the nose for cable and College Sports Live, now I have to add 5 bucks just to watch this one game. I'm ticked as a cup of spit and F*#%.

If you like wcbb othr than UConn ESPN+ cheap entertinment. Tons of games and good ones, especially after college football is done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom