Tuesday at Dayton: ESPN+ ??? | The Boneyard

Tuesday at Dayton: ESPN+ ???

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
The last time I checked, Tuesday's game at Dayton is on ESPN+.........I don't have a streaming device,
or a Smart TV. Can someone more technically advanced than I am, explain a simple method I can
use to watch this game?...........THANK YOU.

Reaction Score
The last time I checked, Tuesday's game at Dayton is on ESPN+.........I don't have a streaming device,
or a Smart TV. Can someone more technically advanced than I am, explain a simple method I can
What device are you using now to access the Boneyard? It gets the Internet and has a screen, right? You might not be able to watch it on your TV, but you should be able to get ESPN+ on any “device.”

Reaction Score
What device are you using now to access the Boneyard? It gets the Internet and has a screen, right? You might not be able to watch it on your TV, but you should be able to get ESPN+ on any “device.”

yeah if you pay the monthly fee you can with ESPN plus

Reaction Score
Not sure if you need a Smart TV... maybe just a Roku box?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I am not sure what your personal choices are for streaming or cable. But right now for a short time you can get ESPN+, and Hulu, and Disney+ for $12.99 /mo. that is a tremendous amount of programming for a comparatively low price. I guess you can get it ,watch what you want, and cancel it if you choose. Get a Roku stick for as little as $24,99 with no monthly fee that essentially turns your TV into a "smart" tv.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This is the first time in a long time that I may have to pay extra to see a regular season UConn game. I already pay through the nose for cable and College Sports Live, now I have to add 5 bucks just to watch this one game. I'm ticked as a cup of spit and F*#%.

Reaction Score

Exactly. I have a dumb TV, an internet connection and a Roku.

You also need to live outside a SNY market. ESPN will block ESPN+ if your cable company offers SNY.

Reaction Score

You also need to live outside a SNY market. ESPN will block ESPN+ if your cable company offers SNY.

Edit: The game is not on SNY, it's on ESPN so anyone should be able to get it on ESPN+.

Or ... find a sports bar that will put the game on (may be a problem on a Sunday afternoon in Nov)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

My cable company offers SNY and I can get ESPN+. I am outside an SNY market. I guess I am blessed.

Reaction Score
My cable company offers SNY and I can get ESPN+. I am outside an SNY market. I guess I am blessed.

My cable Co also offers SNY and when a UConn game is on SNY ESPN blocks the game from me, or rather it did in the past. I'll check next week.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Doesn't ESPN+ still offer a 7 day free trial?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I do pay the annual fee for ESPN+, which I watch through my Roku hookup. If you like WBB, plus a bunch of other sports, $50/yr is not a bad deal. The other night I was watching the cricket match between England and New Zealand, which is a little like watching paint dry, but you get the idea.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Edit: The game is not on SNY, it's on ESPN so anyone should be able to get it on ESPN+.

Or ... find a sports bar that will put the game on (may be a problem on a Sunday afternoon in Nov)
The Sunday afternoon game against Ohio State is going to be broadcasted on TV via ESPN, the Tuesday night game against Dayton will only be available via ESPN+ on the ESPN app.
Not sure what game you are referring to in the post I replied to.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
These threads on accessing games not on TV or on stations that are not available to a BYer reminds me of a Judge Judy show that I saw this week.
The case had to do with a car accident. They had a large board in the courtroom with different colored cars representing the cars of the Plaintiff, Defendant and Witnesses. The cars also had a 1 letter on the roof for each player in the case.
One of the people got up and proceeded to testify, using the colors of the car to describe their description of the accident.
Judge Judy interrupted the person and said to use the letter designation of the cars. Her bailiff, Byrd, gave her quizical look and Judy said (paraphrasing) "what about our viewers that are watching on a B&W TV???".
I believe this show was broadcast originally in 2015 or 16, 20 years after most manufacturers stopped making B&W TVs ( in the US at least).
Now, back to the OP topic...

Reaction Score
Why Pac-12 is the only one to provide free streaming video for all their games?

I have cable and pay ESPN+ but I cannot watch ACC, SEC, BTN, CBSSN and ESPNU games. I really give credit to PAC-12 for their free service.

Reaction Score
My cable Co also offers SNY and when a UConn game is on SNY ESPN blocks the game from me, or rather it did in the past. I'll check next week.

Ok, I'll bite, if you do get SNY...why would you want to watch the game on the ESPN app (WatchESPN/ESPN3)? :rolleyes:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Ok, I'll bite, if you do get SNY...why would you want to watch the game on the ESPN app (WatchESPN/ESPN3)? :rolleyes:
Maybe because @Alydar doesn't have access to the TV at game time.
But it is my understanding that viewers that are in the SNY blackout area can stream the games via SNY.TV/NBCSports app instead of via the ESPN app.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Doesn't ESPN+ still offer a 7 day free trial?
I'll answer this myself.
It appears that due to the latest promotion, ESPN+, and Hulu and Disney+, ESPN + is no longer available for a standalone free trial.

Reaction Score

Not me, but anyone who is not a cable subscriber. I plan on dropping my cable altogether and being able to watch UConn is a big factor.

Reaction Score
Maybe because @Alydar doesn't have access to the TV at game time.
But it is my understanding that viewers that are in the SNY blackout area can stream the games via SNY.TV/NBCSports app instead of via the ESPN app.

Thanks. That's very hrlpful since I got NBCSports to watch morning rounds of PGA golf.

Reaction Score
Not me, but anyone who is not a cable subscriber. I plan on dropping my cable altogether and being able to watch UConn is a big factor.

Yeah, same here. I was always looking to drop Comcast. Glad these live streaming services came along. I have had YouTube TV now for about 3 years.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I went to the A10 Conference sports website and it says that you can watch their games on ESPN+ so I guess that being the home team, Dayton has the "broadcast" rights.
Time to sign up for a month of ESPN+.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Does anyone(in CT) know of a Sports Bar which will have the Dayton game on TV?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom