speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
USA vs. Canada, Quarterfinal.

Go USA!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Courtnay Pilypaitis is going to feel like it's the opening round of the 2009 NCAA tourney all over again.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Also interesting to watch Achonwa. I expect her to get totally worked by Team USA, but if he does a reasonable job of holding her own, I'd be slightly more worried about Notre Dame next year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Also interesting to watch Achonwa. I expect her to get totally worked by Team USA, but if he does a reasonable job of holding her own, I'd be slightly more worried about Notre Dame next year.
She looked pretty good against Australia in the only game I watched - she is going to be good! And this experience going against the pros is going to really help her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She looked pretty good against Australia in the only game I watched - she is going to be good! And this experience going against the pros is going to really help her.
I was thinking that as well. Fantastic opportunity for her. As much as i'd have rooted for Griner to help team USA win the gold, it's one reason i'm glad she's not on the team - practicing with, and playing against, the best in the world would only help her in this coming season. I think Ochonwa is going to be very good for ND this year...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Agree that it is going to help her- was kind of rooting for Canada not to qualify for that very reason. :)

I saw her vs. GB- was OK. I do think she'll be good at the college level, but she was a luxury as a backup these past two years. Whether ND has a similar caliber backup this season is a significant question. And can Achonwa be as disruptive defensively as Peters was, especially against a team like UConn that has a number of players her height and above who they can throw at her in 2012-13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom