Tuesday’s Elite 8 Games

Reaction Score
Suggs is good at basketball.
]

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
These games are all blow outs, predictable. Late cap has to be a thriller we’re due for one.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It amazes me that some people didn’t pick Gonzaga in their brackets. It was so obvious. Michigan will finally give them a game.

Reaction Score
There was an analyst on local sports talk here, can't recall who it was, but he basically said that Gonzaga doesn't do anything particularly complicated, it's more that they do all the little things right. He cited examples that passes are not only crisp, but timed and placed perfectly, like a QB who can throw back shoulder in stride instead of making the receiver work for it. It's fundamentals more than anything according to this guy.
It's like they cloned Nadav Henefeld. They aren't out there high flying with circus shots, they just put the ball in the basket.

I got 3 of 4, which wasn't too difficult. Everyone had Gonzaga and Baylor, but I did pick Houston and of course, the boys.

Reaction Score
There was an analyst on local sports talk here, can't recall who it was, but he basically said that Gonzaga doesn't do anything particularly complicated, it's more that they do all the little things right. He cited examples that passes are not only crisp, but timed and placed perfectly, like a QB who can throw back shoulder in stride instead of making the receiver work for it. It's fundamentals more than anything according to this guy.

crisp passes are cool but they’re even cooler when they’re being thrown by a top 5 draft pick to a potential lottery pick. Gonzaga has a ____load of talent. Few’s not doing anything magical here.

Reaction Score
That program has come quite a ways from that '99 team whose Cinderella run we ended. What a juggernaut they've become - amazing considering they play in that little bitty conference.

Reaction Score
That program has come quite a ways from that '99 team whose Cinderella run we ended. What a juggernaut they've become - amazing considering they play in that little bitty conference.
They went through a stretch where they underperformed, even with some great games mixed in. From 1999 to 2014: no Elite 8.

Now they've made the Elite 8 in 3 of the last 4 tournaments, and 4 of the last 6.

Still need to win some titles, and I guess I'm pulling for them, because what the hell.

Reaction Score
They went through a stretch where they underperformed, even with some great games mixed in. From 1999 to 2014: no Elite 8.

Now they've made the Elite 8 in 3 of the last 4 tournaments, and 4 of the last 6.

Still need to win some titles, and I guess I'm pulling for them, because what the hell.
I'm sure if they continue at close to this level in the future I'll get sick of them but this is great for college basketball, I'll be pulling for them to kick the s^^t out of Michigan and Baylor. All these blue bloods and monster money dirty huge schools and Nova, Zags, and UConn are winning all the championships.

Reaction Score
Lets see if the dirty little Mick and get UCLA to the final 4

Reaction Score
The last time a team was hyped up this much in terms of all time greatness was the 99 Duke team.
And I get the sense a more athletic team with lock-down defense will make it a great game coming down to the final possession.

Reaction Score
Think I hate them more than Duke and Kentucky now.

I just love their guards - Mitchell especially - and I love the way they play. I know it’s a sleazy program but I find that team super likable. you can tell they have incredible chemistry.

Reaction Score
Michigan and UCLA's point guards look identical and both uniforms have yellow. This is going to be a tough watch.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Man, Cronin really coaches his players on the sideline - much more involved with his players than I remember
I remember him always jabbing at/with the refs

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I feel like Michigan should have been playing in the early game given that both teams in the early game were west coast teams?

Reaction Score
I just love their guards - Mitchell especially - and I love the way they play. I know it’s a sleazy program but I find that team super likable. you can tell they have incredible chemistry.
I like the actual players and their chemistry but just can't ever support anything with that school and Scott Drew is as slimy as it gets.

Reaction Score
Juzang is gonna need to keep them in it.

Jacquez is a great 4 year guy.
I never saw UCLA play all season but watching the play in game Juzang jumped out at me right away as an NBA player. How is he not on any NBA draft boards, not even as a second rounder?

Jules Bernard is killing UCLA. I love Jaquez, he's all guts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom