Tuesday’s Elite 8 Games | The Boneyard

Tuesday’s Elite 8 Games

Reaction Score
I've never seen so many steals and layups.

Also never seen a ref collapse either.

Reaction Score
Is this Timme dude on the draft boards? He's the best player in this game.

Reaction Score
Is this Timme dude on the draft boards? He's the best player in this game.
yes him and Kispert will both get drafted. I’ve seen Timme in the second round on some mock drafts. Kispert is a lot higher in the mocks.

Reaction Score
Definitely improving his status
Yup. The fact that there team is this good certainly helps. Kispert is a senior and I have seen him as high as 6 in mock drafts. Not saying I necessarily agree with him being THAT high as a senior, but the dude can shoot and they have really shown out this year.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Gonzaga has still only used 1 bench player. Only uses 1 traditional big at a time. Never stops moving the ball. Hurley take note?

Reaction Score
Gonzaga has still only used 1 bench player. Only uses 1 traditional big at a time. Never stops moving the ball. Hurley take note?
I mean Hurley can take notes all he wants on ball movement but it’s gonna be different because every player on the floor for the Zags can knock down a shot from anywhere. Makes it so much harder on the defense because they can’t leave anyone open. It’s a lot more complicated than that. They just do every single thing well, it’s incredible.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I mean Hurley can take notes all he wants on ball movement but it’s gonna be different because every player on the floor for the Zags can knock down a shot from anywhere. Makes it so much harder on the defense because they can’t leave anyone open. It’s a lot more complicated than that. They just do every single thing well, it’s incredible.
I think there’s something to be said about the shorter rotation as well. Many of the best teams over the past 10-15 seasons have had short rotations. When we went from a 11/12 player rotation in 2011 to a 7/8 player rotation in 2012-14 we were much improved.

Reaction Score
I think there’s something to be said about the shorter rotation as well. Many of the best teams over the past 10-15 seasons have had short rotations. When we went from a 11/12 player rotation in 2011 to a 7/8 player rotation in 2012-14 we were much improved.
Completely agree. I don’t think i’ll be able to find it but I remember seeing a stat that was talking about how most national championship teams only play 7/8 players. We didn’t really have 7 guys that were good and consistent enough to tighten the rotation especially when Bouk/Dre were out.

Reaction Score
Guys-they have the best point guard, the best shooter, and the best big man in the country. You don't have to play too many players when you have the best players in the country.

Reaction Score
Guys-they have the best point guard, the best shooter, and the best big man in the country. You don't have to play too many players when you have the best players in the country.
If you read what I just posted you would see that I said our players were not consistently good enough to tighten the rotation, especially when injuries were a factor. I understand that Gonzaga has more fire power than us. No one ever said otherwise.

Reaction Score
Imagine thinking xs-and-os is the difference between this year's Gonzaga team and this year's UConn team...
It’s not even close. This is one of the most talented teams ever. They just do everything well. I feel stupid for thinking USC would even remotely give them a fight

Reaction Score
Man, USC had been destroying people (they beat Kansas by 34!) and Gonzaga is treating them like a WCC patsy.

Who is going to stop this?

Reaction Score
This has been the worst tournament I have ever watched.

Nearly every game has been a bore.

UConn being one & done has greatly added to the overall suckage.

Still, I'll settle for a boring tourney as long as the usual suspects (Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc.) are nowhere to be found.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There was an analyst on local sports talk here, can't recall who it was, but he basically said that Gonzaga doesn't do anything particularly complicated, it's more that they do all the little things right. He cited examples that passes are not only crisp, but timed and placed perfectly, like a QB who can throw back shoulder in stride instead of making the receiver work for it. It's fundamentals more than anything according to this guy.

Reaction Score
UConn being one & done has greatly added to the overall suckage.

Still, I'll settle for a boring tourney as long as the usual suspects (Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc.) are nowhere to be found.

Yeah that's the positive. I'm fine with whoever wins.

Reaction Score
We also played a pretty short rotation when we were at full health. Went 8 deep and a few minutes to Carlton randomly

Reaction Score
This has been the worst tournament I have ever watched.

Nearly every game has been a bore.
It's been pretty bad. So many blowouts. Even the underdogs and crazy seeds won by comfortable margins. The only 2 last second shots I can remember the teams still lost (Va Tech and Alabama).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom