Tucker given false info which led to decommitting!!!! | The Boneyard

Tucker given false info which led to decommitting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Father says she still loves UT and may still enroll. Read Knoxville News and Sentinel.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
ok...who ever did it...fess up!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Is UT recruiting the girl or the father?

"Unfortunately, we were bombarded with blatantly false and misleading information from the outside,'' he said, "and I regrettably overreacted. My actions caused this and I am working to get it resolved."

Robert went on to say, "Holly and her staff had nothing to do with it and are not at fault in any way. They have remained extremely professional and supportive and I regret that I caused this confusion and distraction."

Reaction Score
Sad to hear that false information was given to the Tucker family-there is no need for that in sports (though I know it is an unfortunate reality). I hope to hear that Jannah still ends up going to UT and is happy in doing so!

Reaction Score
I had to laugh. The first reader comment on that article: Geno's fault, he's the one telling the lies.

What's next? Is there such a word as re-decommits?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
comeon.gif

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
All this makes Brenda and her twerps very sad.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Good luck dealing with "Dad" for the next 4 years LV staff.

I feel some are over-reacting to what was simply an over-reaction. It's a bit of a stretch to assume that a dad, who thought he was given good information, and then reacted in a way intended to protect his daughter, is going to be a 4 year problem.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I feel some are over-reacting to what was simply an over-reaction. It's a bit of a stretch to assume that a dad, who thought he was given good information, and then reacted in a way intended to protect his daughter, is going to be a 4 year problem.
Good information that he did not check with TN about before deciding his daughter was de-committing. hmmm, I might be a little leery of him.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

I am tempted to over react to this over reaction to the over reaction.

Reaction Score

So no indication that someone who over-reacts could be a problem. hmmmmmm. Suggest it is a very good indicator of problems to follow.

Reaction Score
Sad to hear that false information was given to the Tucker family-there is no need for that in sports (though I know it is an unfortunate reality). I hope to hear that Jannah still ends up going to UT and is happy in doing so!

Mr. Tucker has admitted to overreacting and is now in "damage control" mode to help save face, but clearly he is largely the one to blame here for over re-acting to information before it could be verified.

Who knows what information he based his knee-jerk decision on and who provided it. Many LV fans were quick to point fingers at a specific coach or program, which is flat out wrong -- they are just as bad as Mr. Tucker in this respect for acting on something before all the facts were known. Let's not rule out that some "boosters" with some fists full of cash could conceivably been involved in this. In fact, just this morning I read about a documentary on Ben Wilson -- a standout recruit from Chicago who tragically had his life cut short. One of the filmmakes, Coodie Simmons, indicated that Wilson had his heart set on attending DePaul but was torn between accepting an offer to play at the University of Illinois after a booster offered him $60K to play at U of I -- apparently the family was very poor and his mother was working multiple jobs.

"Benji," the latest "30 for 30" film from ESPN (Tuesday, 8 p.m. ET)

I have no doubts that financial incentives provided by boosters are a factor in men's athletics, specifically football and basketball. What is the boards opinion on how prevalent the role of boosters and possible financial incentives/other benefits is in the recruiting of WCB players?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
So no indication that someone who over-reacts could be a problem. hmmmmmm. Suggest it is a very good indicator of problems to follow.

You won't find me saying "no indication". It is a possibility. But a stretch.

Reaction Score
... What's next? Is there such a word as re-decommits?

The 2012 edition of Wonkster's Unabridged Dictionary only lists unde-commit, with two meanings:

1) verb, intransitive: to reverse a de-commit
2) verb, intransitive: to get one's undies in such a tight knot that one is forced to go with them still knotted

Reaction Score
It sounds like the father decommitted for her or was a big reason for it. I feel bad for UT because they need talent but the kids that they are recruiting have some meddlers in their circle. UT fans were very critical of the way Davis recruitment was and the forces behind it but Holly is in a tough spot because she needs players now. I would avoid both and hope to go for Jordan Reynolds Scaife, Russell, and Henderson but getting all 4 is not going to be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom