Tuck applies for medical hardship. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tuck applies for medical hardship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sTu

Reaction Score
I wish you the best Morgan, you are a joy to watch play.

Reaction Score
This is very tough news for this season, and, all idle conjecture aside, whether or not Morgan can still have an impactful career is not going to be decided for quite a while. We have, as we all know, the best starting five in the country. Our bench is decidedly thin now. This is not a factor that poses much concern until the post-season rolls around. Therefore I hope Geno gives Kiah, Brianna and Saniya a much longer leash than usual for the next six weeks to allow them to play through inevitable errors and reach as much potential as possible.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Even though she is a member of Connecticut's woman's basketball,I hope and pray she heals quickly and fully,for her to enjoy future years on this earth.Whether she can come back and play basketball full strength is only icing.No one wants knee problems to resurface and haunt them the rest of their life.Good surgery and recovery Morgan,and may it make the knee strong and complete.

HGN

Reaction Score
The obvious best choice for Morgan's long term health and playing future.

I wish her the best of luck with the surgery and look forward to seeing her back in action on the court next season.

Reaction Score
At first I was completely bummed about the news of Morgan not playing. But, in the long run it is much better for her. She will come back stronger and faster after this and she will be able to contribute the way she knows she can.

We believe in you Morgan!!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Terrible news. I've been depressed all day but I also know it is what is best for her in the long run.

Geno's job this season just got tougher.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bummer for Ms Tuck. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

The team will just have to step up for her. They've done it before this season. No season is without obstacles.

Reaction Score
Not knowing all that is or was going on with Morgan's knee, in hindsight, I wonder if it would have been better for Morgan to have not played summer ball as had Stephanie Dolson rested, to heal her feet & leg injuries.

Reaction Score
Even though I was kinda expecting something like this it is still sad to hear but it is best for Morgan. Prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I hope she can get healthy. I hate to see any player injured.

Reaction Score
Get well Ms. Tuck, and please stop playing basketball. Forever. You'll thank me when you're 40 and still able to walk without pain. Not everyone's body is cut out for playing a sport as intense as basketball.

Reaction Score
This is indeed hard news for UConn. However, I'd like to see Morgan do what is good for Morgan and give herself the best opportunity for a full recovery. She is a lovely young lady and I know the staff and her teammates want her to be the best she can be.

This is a great opportunity for Kiah, Saniya and Banks to develop their game.

Good luck and best wishes to Morgan!

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Get well Ms. Tuck, and please stop playing basketball. Forever. You'll thank me when you're 40 and still able to walk without pain. Not everyone's body is cut out for playing a sport as intense as basketball.

cmon man.jpg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Ms. Chong has lacked confidence of late. I believe it has to do with MoJet's assertiveness than anything else. Saniya is an incredibly talented ball player and when she steps out, she will be solidly one of the UConn greats. Don't get me wrong, MoJet is unreal, but try to be a frosh playing in her shadow. It's something she'll have to get over.

Jefferson is having a very good season, but to imply that her "shadow" is so great that it is intimidating to Chong is just downright silly. Jefferon is playing well, but she is not casting such a huge shadow that Chong is shaking her her shoes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sad news for Tuck and I head feared that this could be a similar situation to Prince at Baylor. I don't think we will ever know how good Prince could be. Having trouble with your feet is pretty bad, as is having trouble with your knee. I hope that Tuck is able to have a successful surgery and come out strong. She is such a calm player that never seems to get rattled.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
2 questions:

1. why didnt Pap break the news
2. who are these new posters throwing out baseless comments about Morgan (seems to me its one person with a few screen names)

Reaction Score
They are not capable elite skill and athleticism wise to contribute in a significant way that demands more minutes in the heat of the top flight competition. That is not necessarily something that can be addressed with more game minutes or experience if certain attributes are not there. Remember they were largely brought onto the team to contribute to enable practice on the road between two units.

This is a very interesting answer and one worthy of discussion. Were I to be smart about these things it would be the answer given. However, I like many others think that-- how they are good un-recruited players who we can bring up to par. But you seem to be reminding us/me that teams like uconn have first class players with skills that cannot be honed in a couple of years. So the difference between a fr.Chong with some fr. issues and a walk-on can be night and day. I'm also thinking about our last two transfers and how they are excelling. MJ in WI seems to be a top 10 player, at least in the B10, but she couldn't get going here. What was that about? Did she need time to rest her needs. Competition. What about those #s she is putting up. Is the B10 not as good as the AAC? Had she stayed at Uconn would these be her stats? If I understand your logic you are saying that she was a pretty good player who was out of her elements and would have performed at the same level she performed in her years at conn. No amount of playing time would have moved her significantly. Others have course are probably saying the opp. -- playing time.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, Michala was a highly skilled player who was a #1 ranked elite athlete who needed time to recover from not one but two ACL injuries, one to each leg. She was earning more time at UCONN as she continued to heal and recover her past abilities. She had had both the size, 6'3" and skills of an elite player. She transferred to WI to be with her sister and has achieved a leadership position on 9-9 averaging 15.6 points and 7.6 rebounds per game. So she is still a long way from what would be playing major minutes against AA athletes like Stef, Stewie, and KML, or even Morgan until this last problem.

So no, just getting practice time and game time doesn't transform former elite athletes into present contributors at elite programs let alone does it take players who were walk ons and great kids at 5'7" making into contributing playing time as elite athletes.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
No, Michala was a highly skilled at one time and former #1 ranked elite athlete who needed time to recover from not one but two ACL injuries. One to each leg. She was earning more time at UCONN as she continued to heal and recover her past abilities. She had had both the size, 6'3" and skills of an elite player. She transferred to WI to be with her sister and has achieved a leadership position on 9-9 averaging 15.6 points and 7.6 rebounds per game. So she is still a long way from what would be playing major minutes against AA athletes like Stef, Stewie, and KML, or even Morgan until this last problem.

So no, just getting practice time and game time doesn't transform former elite athletes into present contributors at elite programs let alone does it take players who were walk ons and great kids at 5'7" making into contributing playing time as elite athletes.

And the year off due to transfer regs was probably very useful to her regaining the physical strength and agility which was the reason for all the fuss in the first place (as a prominent High Schooler).

Great kid, we're all delighted at her success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom