Tuck applies for medical hardship. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tuck applies for medical hardship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you have a chair or a couch for your patients? What do you charge per hour? Jungian or Freudian? Chong comes in and gives solid minutes. Right now her role is not to be a scoring machine, but as Geno has noted a number of times, that aspect of her game is there, just waiting.

Mostly because I am one of her biggest fans and I have been watching her closely. My couch is my sofa and the doctor is the 55" Sony on the wall. It tells me all I need to know as I anguish over her challenge. She has slowed her production considerably since Mo Jett has broken out. I know she has it in her to rise up to the challenge and know she'll be there when she has to be, just like in the start of the season when MoJett was getting ready for her performance spurt. As soon as she is ready, the duo of MoJett and Chong will most likely be legendary.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Feel so sorry for Morgan. What a bummer. She's in for a long spring and summer.

After doing some reading on this procedure it seems she will be on crutches for 6-12 weeks followed by a lengthy period of physical therapy.

Praying for you Morgan!
Amen. This is likely what is called an OATS procedure, which is purported to have a better success rate than the previously favored microfracture procedure (Greg Oden, Brandon Roy etc. had variable results). Cartilage repair is still a tough recovery process. Here is a link to one article which claims a 90% return to sport rate:
http://www.hss.edu/newsroom_new-procedure-fixing-damaged-cartilage.asp

I have limited experience with this procedure with only two current patients (active duty Marines) who had OATS. Regrettably, neither has been able to recover sufficiently to resume their duties in our Infantry unit.

Reaction Score
Not sure why that is the case. Because I am realistic? I like Tuck. I wish she her knees didn't give her problems. With that said, she has battled knee issues from age 17-21 roughly. Her knees aren't getting any younger, and unfortunately this appears to be a chronic issue.

What that means is she needs to adjust her game and Geno needs to manage her minutes. Her basketball career isn't over, it just will be different than if she didn't have chronic knee issues.

I don't think it would be realistic to think her knees will ever be 100% of what they once were.

Glad you are not on my team.

Reaction Score
I believe she has had multiple issues in both knees. As she puts more mileage on them, I expect the issues to only increase.

She can still be a productive college player, but I think she her minutes will need to managed and she will have to alter the way she plays.

4.5 years? I didn't mean 100% of her past but full health as in the best possible outcome without further complications.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I believe she has had multiple issues in both knees. As she puts more mileage on them, I expect the issues to only increase.

She can still be a productive college player, but I think she her minutes will need to managed and she will have to alter the way she plays.

Morgan tore her acl in 2009. That knee has been fine for 4 years. She has damaged cartilage in the other knee, a condition that led to the bone bruise last year and now this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog