Trying to be optimistic | The Boneyard

Trying to be optimistic

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Akok was the only guy who came to play. Everyone else played awful. Bad shots. Tons of turnovers. Couldn't grab a rebound to save our lives. No offensive flow outside of a 2 min stretch early. No breaks from the zebras all night.

And yet we had a chance to win the game, somehow. That has to be a positive, right? Right?....

Reaction Score
We were in trouble when we were up 15-6 and had a chance to really put the foot down. We came up empty on 4 or 5 straight possessions. Unfortunately we are way further away than I initially thought. It will be 4 straight years of no NCAA which is almost hard to believe.

Reaction Score
Can’t take anything positive out of this game besides Akok. Indiana is not a good team. Very disappointed in our guard play and Hurley needs to work on our half court offense because it was putrid.
Offensive sets were abandoned to early in many possessions , especially in the first half by the players. There were times when there was enough time on the shot clock to re set but instead bad outside shots were taken or forced turnovers happened.

Reaction Score
No way we are winning the AAC with guards that shoot like this. And then there is the passing and dribbling part. Hurley needs to start eliminating the Josh winding up at the top of the key handing the ball off with 8 seconds to go on the shot clock offense.

Reaction Score
Irregardless the ref had to call it.

I'm all for UConn getting as many calls as possible but that one was pretty obvious.
Ref had to call it on the floor, but then got to go to the monitor, realize the situation, and actually do his job. Alas here we are.

(also irregardless isn't a word, don't mean to be a dck about it tho)

Reaction Score
Josh is our only serviceable big who can bang in the trenches, which I love. However, he misses some easy layups that cost us

Reaction Score
Ref had to call it on the floor, but then got to go to the monitor, realize the situation, and actually do his job. Alas here we are.

(also irregardless isn't a word, don't mean to be a dck about it tho)

I get you're heated.

Regardless, sleep on it and you'll realize it was a flagrant tomorrow morning.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
No way we are winning the AAC with guards that shoot like this. And then there is the passing and dribbling part. Hurley needs to start eliminating the Josh winding up at the top of the key handing the ball off with 8 seconds to go on the shot clock offense.

This. Josh with the screen and dive doesn't work bc we're not skilled enough to get him the ball consistently. Better to run that as a pick and pop with Polley.

My takeaway from tonight is that despite the errors and errors, we're a pretty good team and we should see a postseason tournament.

Reaction Score
Can’t take anything positive out of this game besides Akok. Indiana is not a good team. Very disappointed in our guard play and Hurley needs to work on our half court offense because it was putrid.
So you're basically saying UConn is an even worse team. They lost. They turned the ball over 22 times! 22! That's awful. That's bad basketball.

Reaction Score
So you're basically saying UConn is an even worse team. They lost. They turned the ball over 22 times! 22! That's awful. That's bad basketball.
We certainly were the worse team last night. We stunk the joint up against a mediocre team.

Reaction Score
Sid brought alot of energy and we have to get Polley the ball in better catch and shoot plays

Reaction Score
Akok was the only guy who came to play. Everyone else played awful. Bad shots. Tons of turnovers. Couldn't grab a rebound to save our lives. No offensive flow outside of a 2 min stretch early. No breaks from the zebras all night.

And yet we had a chance to win the game, somehow. That has to be a positive, right? Right?....
I thought Carlton played great. We were asking him to show up for big games. Now he isn't doing enough? People are too hard on this guy. He is becoming the rock of our offense. Unfortunately our guards decided to take the night off.

Reaction Score
We certainly were the worse team last night. We stunk the joint up against a mediocre team.
6-3 against 9-1. Ok. Clearly they were the lesser. They lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom