True or False??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

True or False???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This was listed on the ESPN comments on our UCONN vs. VIRGINIA gamecast.....

Jim Vandenberg
According to reports from muliple Big 12 people, UCONN is out of expansion consideration. It looks like a terrible football team and a fan base that can't be bribed to attend home games doomed the Connies. Word from the Connie "fans" is that the school gave away 23,000 free tickets this week in hopes of getting 30,000 in the stands.
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · 6 hrs

Is that the truth or just a comment from someone that does not know in truth???
I think they sold about 23K in season tickets...so if they gave away 23K that would be 46K attendance figure...which means they would have had to set up the temporary bleachers they had for Michigan. As for being out of B-12 expansion...only time will tell. Still think if it's 2 we most likely will be on the outside looking in because of geography...if its 4 then we will get the invite. But here is the thing..if it's 2 and Houston is one of the 2 then there will be no GOR extension and this conference will implode in 7 years when the GOR expires.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll tell you what is true: B12 being left out of playoffs again this year is looking very strong. With the UT loss to Cal, OU - forget with 2 losses, they've pinned their hopes on Baylor. Baylor has an easy stretch for the next 3 games but then faces UT, TCU and OU consecutively. The chances without a championship game look really poor again because the Baylor Rapist's are good but not that good. Now, how to convince them that UConn won't be around in 8 years so pick em now is the challenge.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nothing more needs to be said than this. Yes we have what 18k season ticket holders and the school gave away 23k tickets in hope of getting 30K? Just stop.

I don't really want to mean to the guy - maybe he's new - but Jesus, how do you read that and think it's accurate? You gotta be a little sharper than that.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So the comment I read from "Mr Hickleberry Bojangles" on the Oxygen Channel recap of the game is also false? He says UConn sucks and that if we were a P5 school, we'd already be in the P5. That line of reason seemed to have made sense but now I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom