Trouble in Ruttyland | The Boneyard

Trouble in Ruttyland

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We dont have a monopoly on FBS football woes. Next up, Greg Schiano 2.0?

Who wants this job? That's the $25m question at Rutgers

Rutgers has five games left against top-level Big Ten competition, and given the team's performance so far this season, it could reach the point where Ash simply can't recover. Heck, it might already have -- the troubling trend of de-commitments has already begun with four defections from a 2019 recruiting class that wasn't nearly at a Big Ten level before that happened.

The next few weeks will be fascinating given that the fanbase is already in full revolt. But before even considering a change, Rutgers better be prepared to answer the biggest question: Who wants this job? Even if $10 million magically appears in Piscataway, that's going to be the hard part.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Schedule finishes with four ranked teams. You want transfers? Might look to Piscataway in January.

2018 Rutgers Football Schedule
Date OpponentTime/TVTicketsSaturday
Sep. 1 Texas State BobcatsHigh Point Solutions Stadium, Piscataway, NJ12:00pm ET BTN W 35-7
Sep. 8 at 4 Ohio State BuckeyesOhio Stadium, Columbus, OH 3:30pm ET BTN L 52-3
Sep. 15 at Kansas JayhawksMemorial Stadium, Lawrence, KS 12:00pm ET FSN L 55-14
Sep. 22 Buffalo BullsHigh Point Solutions Stadium, Piscataway, NJ 12:00pm ET BTN L 42-13
Sep. 29 Indiana HoosiersHigh Point Solutions Stadium, Piscataway, NJ 12:00pm ET BTN L 24-17
Oct. 6 Illinois Fighting IlliniHigh Point Solutions Stadium, Piscataway, NJ 12:00pm ET BTN L 38-17
Oct. 13 at Maryland TerrapinsMaryland Stadium, College Park, MD 12:00pm ET BTN L 34-7
Oct. 20 Northwestern Wildcats(HC)High Point Solutions Stadium, Piscataway, NJ 12:00pm ET
Nov. 3 at 23 Wisconsin BadgersCamp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI
Nov. 10 6 Michigan WolverinesHigh Point Solutions Stadium, Piscataway, NJ
Nov. 17 18 Penn State Nittany LionsHigh Point Solutions Stadium, Piscataway, NJ
Nov. 24 at 24 Michigan State SpartansSpartan Stadium, East Lansing, MI

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is this "P5 problem" the equivalent of first world problems? At least they are in the club.

Interesting question: Do we beat Rutgers this year?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is this "P5 problem" the equivalent of first world problems? At least they are in the club.

I like our chances to challenge Rutty if it was the last game of the year.

P5 winners are too strong. Bad for the NCAA football in the long run.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They really need to write Schiano a blank check this offseason.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They are pretty porous as well and I don't think they scored more than 17 points this year.

No doubt they're bad too. In this case, I'll dance with the devil I know - our lousy FCS defense. Would be an interesting matchup though!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think they could get Schiano for relatively cheap. Schiano probably can't get a HC job anywhere else.
I don't think his act will play well in recruiting the second time around.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I think they could get Schiano for relatively cheap. Schiano probably can't get a HC job anywhere else.

Schiano is the answer. He would have been at Tennessee if not for the issues around his hiring. I’m sure most major programs wouldn’t touch him at HC, so he’ll be cheap and he knows how to make Rutty work

Reaction Score
They need to drop football and petition the big east to take them and their storied basketball program.
1539974328721.png

Still hilarious...

Reaction Score
Here I go again. Rutgers is laughing all the way to the bank with their Big Ten money. It doesn't matter to them if they ever win a game in any sport. As an aside, however, I do believe that they would easily beat this years UConn football team.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Here I go again. Rutgers is laughing all the way to the bank with their Big Ten money. It doesn't matter to them if they ever win a game in any sport. As an aside, however, I do believe that they would easily beat this years UConn football team.
Oh to the contrary, Rutty is proving you can have money, but without success, all it gives you is better tissues to cry in.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
We should definitely schedule Rutty in the future. Good team for a regional rival.

Reaction Score

They did win the game of conference thrones. But on a neutral field I think it would be a pick'em. Our historically bad defense vs their epically horrible offense.

We can't stop anyone, and they just had a game where their QBs went something like 2-17 for 8 yards and 5 picks.

Their defense is maybe a step better than ours. Their QB makes Pindell look like Aaron Rodgers.

Reaction Score

UConn barley beat a 1-AA team. A mediocre one at that. No way UConn wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom