Trouble in Ruttyland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Trouble in Ruttyland

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn barley beat a 1-AA team. A mediocre one at that. No way UConn wins.
Oh I think you are underestimating RU's level of suck this year. Still it's a coin toss as to who'd win.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It came up a few weeks ago on the Stanford Steve/Fallica podcast. They asked Chris Andrews who runs some books in Vegas. He said Rutgers -2.

Reaction Score
Oh to the contrary, Rutty is proving you can have money, but without success, all it gives you is better tissues to cry in.
Not really. They will not need to struggle to maintain their dept of athletics with the amount of money they are raking in. It seems to me that it has been and will be even more a struggle going forward for UConn in terms of finances.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not really. They will not need to struggle to maintain their dept of athletics with the amount of money they are raking in. It seems to me that it has been and will be even more a struggle going forward for UConn in terms of finances.
Oh god dude, I am being humorous.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It came up a few weeks ago on the Stanford Steve/Fallica podcast. They asked Chris Andrews who runs some books in Vegas. He said Rutgers -2.
Wow and wow!

CL82

Reaction Score
Was that at Rutgers or the Rent?

Reaction Score
Why? Is either team better at home when no one is there to cheer them on anyway?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why? Is either team better at home when no one is there to cheer them on anyway?

UConn may draw 763 at home but they are so bad on the road they cause permanent blindness.

At home they just lose by 6 touchdowns. On the road websites post 5k words on the historic beatdown they took.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Has anyone seen Rutgers play? Have they given up on Ash? I will say...UConn players appear to still be putting out an effort.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Imagine losing every game forever? That’s the road Rutty is headed down, at least we get 10k at our games imagine getting no one?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
There's some whistling past our own graveyard here. Unless the P5 contracts they will always be in a better football spot then we are. We could easily see home crowds of 5k by the end of this season.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There's some whistling past our own graveyard here. Unless the P5 contracts they will always be in a better football spot then we are. We could easily see home crowds of 5k by the end of this season.
Is there really a fan that doesn’t know that here?

Reaction Score
Rutgers is a perpetual basket case. Always has been and, appearantly, even with BiG affiliation, always will be.

CL82

Reaction Score
Rutgers is a perpetual basket case. Always has been and, appearantly, even with BiG affiliation, always will be.

It is stunning to see the ability to shoot themselves in the foot even after getting the golden ticket.

Reaction Score
The Ivy League draws better than Rutgers. L O L.

Princeton is actually ranked right now.

Reaction Score
Rutty leads Northwestern in the 4th. They would slaughter us.

Reaction Score
Rutgers' last 4 games (off next week) are at Wisconsin, home Michigan, home Penn St, at Michigan St. They are not expected to win any of those games and likely won't even be in any of them. What do they get for going 1-11 and 0-9 in the B1G? Guess, they will keep cashing those checks while the true football teams pick the heck out of the best talent.

Reaction Score
I was an RU season ticket holder for a number of years. It started during Terry Shea's tenure and went through Schiano. I started going because the tickets were cheap as a young (grad) alum, they played good teams (not as good as current B1G) and some friends would tailgate. I wasn't a big fan, so I didn't really care when they were getting curb-stomped by everyone. I got into it more when Schiano turned them around, but I still never become fully vested. I stopped when I moved further north and my kids started youth sports so life didn't allow for tailgating and games that were an hour away without gameday traffic.

That being said, I don't think the school really cares. They got where they wanted to be for decades, and now they don't see an incentive in rocking the boat. I also know they alienated some long time fans with the post-Mike Rice firing of Pernetti. That guy is so polarizing. I know people that I trust who love him and loathe him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom