Trolls | The Boneyard

Trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been a troll lurker on this board (and the previous scout board) for years and years now. I wonder how many of us there are out there checking in to see how the team is doing and what the reaction of the fans in CT (and around the country) is. Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands?

I'm thinking enough time has passed since I was a member of the Horde (yes, I covered the team for a couple of years in their "between championships" years) to be able to add my two cents in now. I'm pretty sure it was considered bad form to comment on here, although we all secretly admitted to reading the forum from time to time.

I'm no longer in Connecticut (haven't been since Maya was a freshman) although just a few years of covering the team has made me a life-long fan. I've enjoyed the CPTV streaming and now the SNY streaming, as it's my only access anymore.

Any other trolls lurkers out there like me want to speak up? (Edit!)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You're a lurker. Or, I guess, you were a lurker.

A troll is a different sort of animal.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I hope you're more of a "lurker" than "troll." (Troll suggests someone who drops in on opponents' boards to start a flame war with some sort of thoughtless, tasteless or inflammatory comment...)

Reaction Score
Another fine reason to speak up? It's pretty tough to engage anyone else around here in an intelligent discussion about UConn women's hoops! Most times when I mention the Huskies to someone, I get a polite nod and they quickly move away from me. Sort of like mentioning that the 48 oz. of baked beans for breakfast sure tasted good this morning.

Reaction Score
You're a lurker. Or, I guess, you were a lurker.

A troll is a different sort of animal.

th

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Hmmm...former member of Ths Horde, covered the Huskie in the "in between championship" years?

With the initials RJ?

Welcome!!!! Looking forward to your posts.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Welcome. Just a few quick questions so we know which bucket to put you in.

Should Doty be in the starting line up or not?
Who's better, DT or Moore?
CPTV streaming or SNY streaming?
Is Diggins good or just good at manipulating the media?
Is Geno god or not?
Is our recruiting completely in shambles because we only got 1 recruit for next year or are we doing just fine?
Nan's new avitar, better than the last one or not?

If you could just quickly answer these questions, people could figure out who's side you are really on and address you appropriately.

;) Welcome to the board, hope you continue to post.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...former member of Ths Horde, covered the Huskie in the "in between championship" years?

With the initials RJ?

Welcome!!!! Looking forward to your posts.

Ahh, my initials are not RJ, but there is a connection there somehow. :)

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

1)Should Doty be in the starting line up or not?
2)Who's better, DT or Moore?
3)CPTV streaming or SNY streaming?
4)Is Diggins good or just good at manipulating the media?
5)Is Geno god or not?
6)Is our recruiting completely in shambles because we only got 1 recruit for next year or are we doing just fine?
7)Nan's new avitar, better than the last one or not?

If you could just quickly answer these questions, people could figure out who's side you are really on and address you appropriately.

Let me firmly establish my "side"....

1)Sometimes
2)Both better than the rest
3)Been lucky enough to say neither
4)Both
5)absolutely not
6)Better than most
7)Mrs. Peel...she showed up when I was young and "impressionable" ;)

Reaction Score

Should Doty be in the starting line up or not?
Who's better, DT or Moore?
CPTV streaming or SNY streaming?
Is Diggins good or just good at manipulating the media?
Is Geno god or not?
Is our recruiting completely in shambles because we only got 1 recruit for next year or are we doing just fine?
Nan's new avitar, better than the last one or not?

Sort of a different kind of bucket list, eh? Well...let's tackle each one...

1. I'm really torn on the Doty question. She's such a stable leader on the floor and seems to be able to calm the team down (more often that not) when they get going too quickly and start to force things. Whether that's more important at the start of the game (and when her knee is still loose) or whether that's a good trait to have coming off the bench, I haven't decided yet. I will say on just about any other UConn team I've ever seen she's an easy choice as starter...but with this year's group you have 6-7 players who really deserve to start.

2. Who's better? Depends on if you're a Beatles or Rolling Stones fan (am I working the right demographic?)! DT is like the Stones, darker and more raw. You already love her or you never will. Maya is like the Beatles, with an innocent and cheerful feel and a wider appeal to those who aren't already her fans. Now the next question is, which song best represents each? I'll let someone else tackle that.

3. You can't look back. Technologically speaking, SNY is the way to go now, although I do miss the homey feel of CPTV (and the extra stuff they gave us).

4. Diggins is both, most definitely.

5. Geno isn't God, as he makes mistakes and even admits it. That said, he's a damn good coach.

6. Cycles, my friends, cycles. I'm sure it's been brought up many times before, but after a terrific class comes through it's always tough to get big classes to follow it. Playing time is always a concern. Now if that class of one is someone like Kelly Faris, we'll be just fine.

7. Nan's new avatar? I always liked the Trinity (The Matrix) avatar...

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
7)Mrs. Peel...she showed up when I was young and "impressionable" ;)
Am I older than you? for me, it was Annie Oakley ( the TV version, not the real Annie Oakley)

tumblr_lka5uh1tiQ1qir6s9o1_400.jpg

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Well, RJ, we hit ya with a pretty demanding pop quiz right off of the bat, and, ya done good. Particularly like the Beatles/Stones analogy. Personally, I'm in the "Mrs. Peel" camp.

Reaction Score
Well, RJ, we hit ya with a pretty demanding pop quiz right off of the bat, and, ya done good. Particularly like the Beatles/Stones analogy. Personally, I'm in the "Mrs. Peel" camp.

Mrs. Peel a very close second...

On a similar note, does anyone else have a significant other (or are you personally) hooked on the new Dr. Who? It's been burning up Netflix in my house lately...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sort of a different kind of bucket list, eh? Well...let's tackle each one...

1. I'm really torn on the Doty question. She's such a stable leader on the floor and seems to be able to calm the team down (more often that not) when they get going too quickly and start to force things. Whether that's more important at the start of the game (and when her knee is still loose) or whether that's a good trait to have coming off the bench, I haven't decided yet. I will say on just about any other UConn team I've ever seen she's an easy choice as starter...but with this year's group you have 6-7 players who really deserve to start.

2. Who's better? Depends on if you're a Beatles or Rolling Stones fan (am I working the right demographic?)! DT is like the Stones, darker and more raw. You already love her or you never will. Maya is like the Beatles, with an innocent and cheerful feel and a wider appeal to those who aren't already her fans. Now the next question is, which song best represents each? I'll let someone else tackle that.

3. You can't look back. Technologically speaking, SNY is the way to go now, although I do miss the homey feel of CPTV (and the extra stuff they gave us).

4. Diggins is both, most definitely.

5. Geno isn't God, as he makes mistakes and even admits it. That said, he's a damn good coach.

6. Cycles, my friends, cycles. I'm sure it's been brought up many times before, but after a terrific class comes through it's always tough to get big classes to follow it. Playing time is always a concern. Now if that class of one is someone like Kelly Faris, we'll be just fine.

7. Nan's new avatar? I always liked the Trinity (The Matrix) avatar...
Ok got it.
1. Fence sitter
2. Fence sitter (nice analogy though)
3. New school
4. Fence sitter
5. Realist
6. Realist again
7. New school

Now everybody knows. They can pick darts or feathers.

Excellent job. Already good to have you on here. You are gonna fit in just fine. :D

Reaction Score
Ok got it.
1. Fence sitter
2. Fence sitter (nice analogy though)
3. New school
4. Fence sitter
5. Realist
6. Realist again
7. New school

Now everybody knows. They can pick darts or feathers.

Excellent job. Already good to have you on here. You are gonna fit in just fine. :D

Looks like from the judging of my responses, overall I'm a wishy washy fence sitter, too! Three fence sitters, two new school and two realist. Hmmm...what's the saying about something or other or getting off the pot?

Reaction Score
Welcome RJ...from another reformed lurker...

I, too, liked your Beatles Stones analogy...how about Street Fighting Man and Baby I'm Amazed...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom