Tristen Newton Appreciation Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tristen Newton Appreciation Thread

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Game could've gotten ugly with the bright lights in the first half and we were for sure seeing them. He calmly would ease into every shot to keep the game in reach. Total stud. Wer're in good hands. I keep saying it but I weirdly loved this loss. It was revealing.
If there was a game to lose, this would of been it. Normally I toss and turn we I go to bed after a UConn loss. I am 73. When the clock strikes 9-10 I am heading to bed. I stayed for the whole show. Woke up refreshed. Great game.

Reaction Score
He showed up. Thats what big time players do. He showed Clingan and Karaban have a long, long way to go to be "the guy".
Don’t think this is true about AK. In fact, he has already been “the guy” in some games. There were many games last year where you may have said the same things about Newt, but he developed very nicely. Be patient with these guys. Everyone goes through tough patches.

Reaction Score
Don’t think this is true about AK. In fact, he has already been “the guy” in some games. There were many games last year where you may have said the same things about Newt, but he developed very nicely. Be patient with these guys. Everyone goes through tough patches.
He has made big shots but he wasnt the guy. There is a difference in being the guy and hitting big shots in game. I agree with you completely that AK is capable of being the guy and thats why last night was so disappointing. Hes a much better player than what he has shown recently.

Reaction Score
He has made big shots but he wasnt the guy. There is a difference in being the guy and hitting big shots in game. I agree with you completely that AK is capable of being the guy and thats why last night was so disappointing. Hes a much better player than what he has shown recently.
I think AK can be more aggressive, he can make midrange shots on drives….or he can create 3’s for his teammates. But for some reason he’s not.

Reaction Score
If my memory serves me well, (fades with time), Hurleys intention this year was to use Castle for PG duties and let Tristen play more off the ball to showcase his creative talents outside of handling those pressures. He obviously was our PG last night and still showed his scoring prowess.
I'm so thankful he decided to come back for his last year and I hope it earns him bundles of cash in his future. Lookin bright!

Reaction Score
Just another fan that feels lucky and fortunate that we have him at our program. I remember a “bit” of hate regarding him being a true point guard etc.
Kids been the MVP of the season so far.

Reaction Score
Said it early last year. Newton is like Earl Monroe for us. Hope we get a Clyde Frazier to help him out. He is not a high flyer or a super fast player but he is relentless and stays under control. One of my favorite Huskies ever.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If we stay healthy or are healthy from February 1st forward we are going to make another run. This team with Castle can be better than last year. For that to happen we will need something from Ross, Stewart or Roumoglou. 10 minutes a game. TN is going to be first team BE this year. If he keeps playing like this he could be getting bigger accolades that just BE. We were playing the pre season #1 team as predicted by the experts. It did not take and expert to see that TN was the best player on the court last night. He is playing himself into the all time Husky list of players.

Reaction Score
I think AK can be more aggressive, he can make midrange shots on drives….or he can create 3’s for his teammates. But for some reason he’s not.
Exactly. Hes also a guy that really isnt going to hurt you with poor decisions but hes done that recently a couple times which is odd for him.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He was amazing. He became my favorite player last year and continues to be.
His play and his smile bowl me over.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He was amazing. He became my favorite player last year and continues to be.
His play and his smile bowl me over.
1701608224095.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom