Tristen Newton Appreciation Thread Volume IV | The Boneyard

Tristen Newton Appreciation Thread Volume IV

Reaction Score
Very important 3rd scorer. Finds a way to score in traffic. Lots of boards. Playing very well recently.

Reaction Score
I noticed he stopped deferring and started looking for his shot. No more ifs and when, he's figured things out and is doing his thing. Big difference (size wise) watching him attack the basket vs smaller Cole last season. His height is so advantageous running the point!

Reaction Score
I noticed he stopped deferring and started looking for his shot. No more ifs and when, he's figured things out and is doing his thing. Big difference (size wise) watching him attack the basket vs smaller Cole last season. His height is so advantageous running the point!
Why do people have to knock Cole to praise Newton? They are different players and Cole was a more reliable scorer than Newton has been. He used his quickness and his left savy to get his shots off. I'm very happy Newton has stepped up and been great but Cole was a first team Big East conference player for a reason.

Reaction Score
Why do people have to knock Cole to praise Newton? They are different players and Cole was a more reliable scorer than Newton has been. He used his quickness and his left savy to get his shots off. I'm very happy Newton has stepped up and been great but Cole was a first team Big East conference player for a reason.
I was referring only to Cole's size vs Newton. Not knocking him at all, I just recall Cole getting his shot blocked a lot at the rim. Newton's size significantly reduces his chances of getting his shot blocked, plus his size also seems to help him finish through contact.

Reaction Score
Tristen played awesome today. He looked much more confident going to the hole, and his timely 3 point shots has really changed momentum during critical moments.

We will need him to play well going forward if we want to win against upper echelon of the Big East.

Reaction Score
I miss Newton already...wish we had him full 4 years.

Hoping he helps provide a memorable March (and April dare I say).

Reaction Score
I was referring only to Cole's size vs Newton. Not knocking him at all, I just recall Cole getting his shot blocked a lot at the rim. Newton's size significantly reduces his chances of getting his shot blocked, plus his size also seems to help him finish through contact.
Cole might of got blocked but so does Newton even with his size because he isn't an explosive jumper. He is very strong and can finish through contact which is invaluable.

Reaction Score
I think our success in March revolves around him and he's starting to figure it out at the right time.

Reaction Score
"Trying to be more aggressive," Newton said. "I've been in a lot more ball-screen situations. Coming off ball screens, I've got Adama down low, I've got shooters everywhere."

"Tristen," Hurley added, "is figuring it out."

Alternate free access:

As Tristen Newton goes, so goes the UConn men's basketball team: 'He's figuring it out'

Reaction Score
He can handle the ball and shoot the deep 3. May be a sleeper for the NBA.

Reaction Score
"Trying to be more aggressive," Newton said. "I've been in a lot more ball-screen situations. Coming off ball screens, I've got Adama down low, I've got shooters everywhere."

"Tristen," Hurley added, "is figuring it out."

Alternate free access:

As Tristen Newton goes, so goes the UConn men's basketball team: 'He's figuring it out'

Wonder what was going on prior to that St. John’s game…
D7EBC69A-2C36-45C2-B21B-5B9A7B44CE39.jpeg

Reaction Score
Looks like he's playing with more freedom and instinct.. He is a talented scorer.. And is taking better care of ball when organizing offensive sets.. Is also a valuable rebounder.. Sneaky good.

Reaction Score
He's the key to the team's success. They have no other third options at guard. If he plays well, they will win.

Reaction Score
Cole might of got blocked but so does Newton even with his size because he isn't an explosive jumper. He is very strong and can finish through contact which is invaluable.
What contact? If there was contact, there would be a lot more fouls called.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom