Triple Double---- KML | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Triple Double---- KML

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No team in Woman's College BB has a starting five that each are All-American.
That's true.

With Hartley, Dolson and KML Uconn has three former AA's and one guaranteed AA in Stewart.

Jefferson is a future AA and certainly is playing as well as any other PG in the country.

The talent level of the starting 5 is remarkable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
She has great hands and her play really bodes well for this final push.

Reaction Score
Want to add my congrats as well. Wow, what a performance by a player that many had written off for this season. I was also amazed that there are only two other Huskies that have achieved the triple double. As mentioned by someone earlier in the thread the key for KLM this game was getting into the lane. Grabbing her own rebounds and going right back up was great to see. The 3-ball stroke is still the best in WCBB.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Officially, by the book.
But three have been, and one is the best point in the country and one is the best player in the country.
And I'm designating them the All- All-American starting five.
Want to take issue with that?
I think we'll have 11 AA selections for this starting 5:

Bria: 2012, 2014
Stef: 2013, 2014
Kaleena: 2013, 2015
Moriah: 2015, 2016
Stewie: 2014, 2015, 2016

That's unprecedented.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
One more thin about KML. If you get a chance to watch the game again, note how well KML ran the court.

I didn't see any conditioning issues.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Permit me to once again insert tongue in cheek, smile, wink and assert that
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis is undoubtedly the best wcbb player of Mexican-American heritage!

She's also a pretty good shooter.

And passer.

And rebounder.

Reaction Score
What a beautiful shot. She must have spent countless hours perfecting that.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What a beautiful shot. She must have spent countless hours perfecting that.

It's quite a story. Apparently, she and her stepfather developed a very special relationship, wherein he challenged/cajoled/coerced/inspired Kaleena to become the great player she is. "Countless hours" indeed, on the court with her firing away and him encouraging her relentlessly. I gather that Geno's practices are no more challenging than the ones back home in her youth, and all in the family.

Since her stepdad is recognized for stimulating her shooting skills, I think it's only fair to give her mom credit for that beautiful smile.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One more thin about KML. If you get a chance to watch the game again, note how well KML ran the court.

Well according to KML and Geno, she does. At least to where she/they want her to be.

Reaction Score

Yeah they mentioned the conditioning thing last night a couple of times, and I was wondering what conditioning issues? She's playing 30+ minutes and didn't look terribly winded or tired when she clinched the triple-double late in the game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They said that after this game?
IDK. They mentioned it during the game. I doubt she got in shape in 40 minutes though. Sounded like a more off-season thing.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score

I will accept that KML is now in pretty great shape, and I actually like the way that her solid frame helps give her great balance for her shots and lets her bull her way in the paint when she needs to, plus making it hard to beat her going up for a rebound.

But I still think that "thin" is pushing it a bit.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I will accept that KML is now in pretty great shape, and I actually like the way that her solid frame helps give her great balance for her shots and lets her bull her way in the paint when she needs to, plus making it hard to beat her going up for a rebound.

But I still think that "thin" is pushing it a bit.
I was doing my Ricky Ricardo impression.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
IDK. They mentioned it during the game. I doubt she got in shape in 40 minutes though. Sounded like a more off-season thing.
She is in game condition now. I don't see her grabbing her shorts, out of breath, dogging it down the court.

Now, can she pull a Dolson? I'm hoping so. Just to shut everyone up about it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She is in game condition now.
Well again, not according to Geno and KML. I suppose you can take it up with them. ;)

I don't see her grabbing her shorts, out of breath, dogging it down the court.
I think it might be more of a quickness issue. Particularly defensively. I still don't think she is as quick as she was near the beginning of the year.

Now, can she pull a Dolson? I'm hoping so. Just to shut everyone up about it.
Would love to see that for next year.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
That was as "imposing my will" on a game as I have ever seen by our little airline
Ditto all of the above!!!! Was three rows from the hoop last night. And I was coming out of my skin. They were all truly awesome/inspiring. But KML's emergence of driving the hoop off the dribble and owning the boards and draining threes with a look in her eye. Geno was so happy on the sideline- they were a finely tuned machine last night. And what a statement to send to the competition as we wind down here. They were overwhelming last night.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
Well again, not according to Geno and KML. I suppose you can take it up with them. ;) I think it might be more of a quickness issue. Particularly defensively. I still don't think she is as quick as she was near the beginning of the year. Would love to see that for next year.
I also saw her as a little more nimble at the start of the year - it stood out to me when watching her move with the ball. Her feet, lateral mvmt etc. A bit leaner as well, which you would expect having gone through summer workouts and fall conditioning. These are just subjective impressions.

Obviously her wind is good enough at this point to play outstanding basketball, but aside from the box score I actually thought her positioning and quickness on defense was awfully good. I was really impressed in that respect. I didn't see her dragging or needing a blow either. She's on a great trajectory right now, and as she noted post-game, the return of her confidence is the biggest key to her play of late.

1st team AA stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog