Triple Doubel for Shabazz | The Boneyard

Triple Doubel for Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last two huskies to get a triple double, Hasheem and Kemba, are there watching.

Looked great today, controlled the team extremely well.

EDIT: "DOUBLE"

Reaction Score
He's been incredible. He is basically playing every minute of every game and hasn't been physically at his best. He's been awesome this year and today he's played perfectly.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Anyone thinking that Kemba's points would be hard to replace...well...there's Bazz, Lamb, and Daniels.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Someone on the board called it ...

Reaction Score
I've taken some time to compute this, and I'm quite sure of the number at which I've arrived - there is zero chance that Shabazz is not the most important player on the team.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Pre season, a big question was 'can napier run the team?' I think that's been answered. It's safe to say he's better than I expected and I expected he would be pretty good.

He should have 4 or 5 more assists today if the bigs could finish.

Reaction Score
He looked very impressive today. There is some shots that he just came down the court and put up a three and i was like wow. He took charge when we looked so bad and made it a point that we were going to come back in this game. A true leader.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That was an incredible game. The two previous games SN played through physical ailments and his games were off a bit. Not this game. Great game SN.

Reaction Score
He looks incredible to start the season. All around incredible. Passing, taking it to the rim, outside shot, ball hawking. He's great. Most improved player IMO tied with TO. Looks so confident playin with Kemba was the best thing for this kid.

Reaction Score
Shabazz is averaging 18 points, 6.2 assists, 6 rebounds and 2.2 turnovers per game. Those are just great all around numbers.

Reaction Score
i believed that bazz would be terrific but not as good as he`s been. hes actually been spectacular and im most impressed with his passing which last year left a lot to be desired and i wasnt sure he could be a creative passer or the guy who could thread the needle but im really coming around.as long as he can keep the ill advised shots to a minimum i think he will be terrific.
that being said i cant wait for the boat show because he will take a load off of bazz and make it much easier for him to rest up where there wont be such a drop off at point play.

Reaction Score
i believed that bazz would be terrific but not as good as he`s been. hes actually been spectacular and im most impressed with his passing which last year left a lot to be desired and i wasnt sure he could be a creative passer or the guy who could thread the needle but im really coming around.as long as he can keep the ill advised shots to a minimum i think he will be terrific.
that being said i cant wait for the boat show because he will take a load off of bazz and make it much easier for him to rest up where there wont be such a drop off at point play.

I have a similar feeling. I have been saying that people would be surprised by how good of a shooter Bazz is this season but I can't believe how good he looks so quickly.

He is going to be a very special player for Uconn. He also is going to be incredibly hated by opposing fan bases because of how good he has become and how often he flops.

Reaction Score
I have a similar feeling. I have been saying that people would be surprised by how good of a shooter Bazz is this season but I can't believe how good he looks so quickly.

He is going to be a very special player for Uconn. He also is going to be incredibly hated by opposing fan bases because of how good he has become and how often he flops.

Shabazz learned from the best, I know Kemba has to be sitting in the stands with a smile on his face laughing at how good Shabazz is at selling contact when he drives or when he enters the lane. He seems to have perfected it already, hopefully unlike Kemba last year once the season reached its halfway point the refs will continue to call it because it will be effective in getting the team into the bonus early.

Reaction Score

Passing is really the area where I had no concern with Shabazz, he was doing all of that last year as far as throwing one handers and threading the needle that AO, CO, and Jamal Coombs-McDaniel at times seemed to blow on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
I kind of knew that as a UConn basketball fan I'm a little spoiled with the kind of players that come through Storrs. But damn, it's nice to see all the talent that's out on the floor. Our back court is nasty.

Shabazz is swag incarnate with all those crosses and dribble moves on the break. He can do so much out there but he also doesn't seem to rush or force things. He uses his quicks, skill and intelligence to seemingly create offense out of thin air. Plus he plays with so much style but he still plays efficiently. Not to mention his defense.

I know it's early, but he's quickly becoming one of my favorite UConn players ever.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I felt Bazz was a better passer than Kemba. He hasn't disappointed at all. I was concerned about him being out of control and taking poor shot selection. That so far has been unfounded. The competition hasn't been the strongest, but SN has taken over a young team and considering there is no KW for a crutch, his performance has exceeded my expectations by a considerable margin.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Shabazz learned from the best, I know Kemba has to be sitting in the stands with a smile on his face laughing at how good Shabazz is at selling contact when he drives or when he enters the lane. He seems to have perfected it already, hopefully unlike Kemba last year once the season reached its halfway point the refs will continue to call it because it will be effective in getting the team into the bonus early.

I have to disagree - he has not perfected it. He's trying to do it but there are times he totally mistimes it and he has to snap his head back a second or even third time and it looks like bad drama. Kemba was great at looking like someone had body kicked him in the abdomen or sucker punched him to the forehead. Napier learned from that, but so far he hasn't learned how to sell it as real. I think he will, but is that really what we want? It's no better than a duke flop. Just play.

Reaction Score
Like many here, I thought Bazz would be better this year but he's exceeded my expectations, especially with his jump shooting.

Reaction Score
With Kemba flopping, it was like, "WOW, that looked so realistic" and we were so used to the snap of the head backwards that we could identify his move as a flop even though it looked otherwise. With Bazz, I occasionally cringe and for some reason feel embarrassed because of the forced nature of at least half his flops.

Reaction Score
With Kemba flopping, it was like, "WOW, that looked so realistic" and we were so used to the snap of the head backwards that we could identify his move as a flop even though it looked otherwise. With Bazz, I occasionally cringe and for some reason feel embarrassed because of the forced nature of at least half his flops.

I laughed hard at this post. I'm not even being derisive or sarcastic at you or anything - I was genuinely amused. This discussion reminds me of movie critiques.

"By the end, Kemba Walker was the Chris Nolan of floppers. Napier is still a work in progress. Last year he was the Uwe Boll of floppers. This year he's upgraded himself to Michael Bay. By senior year he'll be James Cameron."

Reaction Score
Shabazz's flops in the UK game were absolutely great last year!

Reaction Score
Bazz is such a fun player to watch. He has a VG handle, above average shot, he can lock you down defensively with his quickness, an adroit passer ( like the word adroit, it was used to describe my passing ability in HS some 45 years ago :)).
Once the Boat comes on board, we will go from a fast team to supersonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom