Tremont Waters father is found dead in West Haven | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters father is found dead in West Haven

Reaction Score
We’re following a couple different lines of conversation here, and people should always do what helps. Things like meditation and physical exercise can provide relief for some people, almost always in combination with medication and/or therapy and rarely in the midst of a significant depressive episode. These things are active practices and strategies that people are choosing to use and tend to be inaccessible when people are struggling the most and considering suicide. Just having a belief in religion to instill a sense of hope in the world can be beneficial for healthy people, but it doesn’t do much to counteract what is going on in one’s brain during a significant depressive episode. For those that do this work, it’s been very heartening that the conversations and mindset about depression and suicide are somewhat evolving. Talk like what’s happening in this thread is just so important.
Depends how you define faith. There's people who have faith based on just hopes and there's people who have faith based on heavy reasoning. The ones who have faith based on reasoning can actually reason their way out of depression, especially with the help of someone who has mastered perspective.

C

Chief00

He wanted what we all want for our kids - a better life.
While there always the risk of getting too involved due to love, when you compare that to the alternative - little or no involvement/support. I will take Ed’s way every day.
After the LSU thing went down and Chief wasn’t born yesterday - Chief’s position was you have to do what you have to do. I never second guessed him on that.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
here's a thought for some BY action. having been in and around farnam for a long while, I admire the sincere work they do for kids.. howza bout donating some cash, or time, to them?
Big fan of Farnam. I've seen them change so many lives over the years.

Reaction Score
I had the pleasure to meet him many times. Every conversation we had was about his desire to make young men better not only his son. Sad to hear of his passing.

He did the things we would hope all Dads would do to protect and elevate his son's lot in life and then left him with no warning or explanation. What a burden to leave your son with after apparently investing so much of yourself to prepare him for the future.

Were there likely warning signs people didn't pick up on or is depression very hard to notice? [/QUOTE]

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Tremont is an incredibly tough kid, I'll be rooting as hard for him to make it as any UConn kid.
I agree, that’s very inspirational. This is how you succeed in hoops at 5-11. Got to love his toughness - almost can’t imagine the emotions he’s dealing with.

Reaction Score
He did the things we would hope all Dads would do to protect and elevate his son's lot in life and then left him with no warning or explanation. What a burden to leave your son with after apparently investing so much of yourself to prepare him for the future.

Were there likely warning signs people didn't pick up on or is depression very hard to notice?
[/QUOTE]

Most people who struggle don't talk about it or show their weakness. They usually feel and look fine to the everyday person they interact with. It's not until they are alone when the illness rears its ugly head and the bad thoughts and not feeling like you're good enough or done enough and can't do anything to be happy no hard you try start to take over.

Horrible awful illness that isn't understood by most and often brushed aside as its not that serious

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If someone has depression, they might imagine that achieving some particular goal will be the thing that makes them happy. If they achieve that thing but are still sad (because they are sad due to an illness and not based on an accurate reflection of their situation) they may become even further depressed. So it's not all that unusual to hear about suicide at what would be expected to be the happiest time of one's life.
Wow. That's quite an insight. Sympathies to whole family. Tragic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom