Tre Mitchell | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell

Reaction Score
And they've signed another player from Woodstock. 6'8 180 forward Dyondre Dominguez, 385th overall.

On my count, that's SIX total Woodstock players between the '19 and '20 classes plus one transfer.
I believe it’s up to 8 out of 13 scholarships going to Woodstock players.

Reaction Score
I believe it’s up to 8 out of 13 scholarships going to Woodstock players.
Chad Venning, the one that got away...

The 6'10 260 Woodstock Academy grad had an offer from UMass, but ended up signing with Morgan State last week. Curious if he gets some game time against us when we play them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is going to backfire on Woodstock Academy at some point also. It could make it harder to attract players who see mid-major UMass (not meant as a knock on them) as the most probably placement. Also, if I'm a college coach with limited time/resources, I may not waste my time on a Woodstock recruit with the assumption that they'll go to UMass.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is going to backfire on Woodstock Academy at some point also. It could make it harder to attract players who see mid-major UMass (not meant as a knock on them) as the most probably placement. Also, if I'm a college coach with limited time/resources, I may not waste my time on a Woodstock recruit with the assumption that they'll go to UMass.

Not going to make a difference.

The Woodstock-UMass thing will dry up in a season or two.

Reaction Score
If Mitchell’s mom and that coach from UMass have some trouble in paradise, watch out!

Reaction Score
This story just keeps getting better and better.. Enjoyed many laughs @ Woodstock, a corrupt place from top to bottom - I have SO MANY STORIES.. That I will keep to myself.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Not going to make a difference.

The Woodstock-UMass thing will dry up in a season or two.
Woodstock could become a fertile ground for us with Bouknight and Spring’s high school coach there now. If he can attract Uconn type talent there.

Reaction Score
They're going to get decimated financially by the pandemic, they paid a gigantic amount of money to add boarding - however 90% of the boarding students are Chinese. So along with many private schools, they are going to take a major hit going into the next school year as an entire 2nd campus may be empty or close to it.

Reaction Score
They're going to get decimated financially by the pandemic, they paid a gigantic amount of money to add boarding - however 90% of the boarding students are Chinese. So along with many private schools, they are going to take a major hit going into the next school year as an entire 2nd campus may be empty or close to it.
Every independent school is going to be decimated by this pandemic. I work in a private school and it's our 2nd straight year of firings due to enrollment decreases and financial reasons. Sucks because I love my school and its mission.

I have a contract for next year, but after ten years at the school I'm starting to really churn the wheels and look out for my long-term financial future and look into getting a public school job. Just gotta work on my cross-certification.

Reaction Score
Every independent school is going to be decimated by this pandemic. I work in a private school and it's our 2nd straight year of firings due to enrollment decreases and financial reasons. Sucks because I love my school and its mission.

I have a contract for next year, but after ten years at the school I'm starting to really churn the wheels and look out for my long-term financial future and look into getting a public school job. Just gotta work on my cross-certification.

You're right about how many of prep schools and colleges have been flush with cash from full tuition paying Chinese. 350,000 college students here annually paying full boat and going home with all kinds of data and stolen tech as their reward.

C

Chief00

Since CT has such bad Covid-19 numbers. Why worry about the Chinese now? Are they more likely to have it than anyone in CT?

Reaction Score
Since CT has such bad Covid-19 numbers. Why worry about the Chinese now? Are they more likely to have it than anyone in CT?
Not a matter of whether the students are sick (China has very few cases comparatively, at the moment) but a matter of travel. Parents won't pay for their kids to remotely attend American schools.

Reaction Score
Right, that's the point. The number of international students will drop substantially, I am very curious to the effects up and down the education system. So many ricochet shots from this pandemic.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Right, that's the point. The number of international students will drop substantially, I am very curious to the effects up and down the education system. So many ricochet shots from this pandemic.
So many colleges have ramped up their on campus facilities including updated student centers and added dorms to encourage campus life vs dayhopping in metro areas. This will be painful; especially with an uncertain economy.

Reaction Score
Sir, do you have something to back this assertion up?

They're not "assertions", they're facts, and I don't understand why are you asking me to explain something that's been increasingly noted in major news stories over the years.
1. Search for numbers of Chinese college students in the USA.
2. Search for "Chinese students arrested" and "Chinese students spying" and you'll get page after page from all manner of sources (8 pages from one click in my search).

The number of students is up over 350% in ten years (369,548 in the 2018/19 academic year, up from 98,235 in the 2008/09 academic year). That's not happenstance.

China understands how to take advantage of our free society and use students to conduct espionage in our leading research universities and companies, and many of those arrested for espionage have been found to be CCP members and members of their military. Others have been coerced into stealing technology or their families will face dire consequences, and they've also bribed high profile professors, several of whom have recently been arrested for espionage.

Here's one of the highest profile cases from Harvard: Harvard University Professor and Two Chinese Nationals Charged in Three Separate China Related Cases

Here's a few others from the first page of the eight that came up when I searched for "chinese students spying".
Note the sources: CNN, NBC, Newsweek, the Voice of America Network, the British publication The Daily Mail and even The Daily Beast. Not exactly right wing news outlets with a racist agenda.

The CCP knows how to work our system and take advantage of those greedy enough to work with and/or for them to enrich themselves.

Pretty simple really. There you do what the government wants or you may get shipped out to the outer province where the Uighurs are imprisoned in labor camps. Here you do what you can to make as much money as you can.

Our government gives grants for research into all kinds of technologies, the universities fight to get those grants because it fuels their search for the best faculty members and students, the universities need researchers and recruit lots of graduate and doctoral students (many of whom are foreign nationals because our education system doesn't produce enough talented scientists), and China sends over 350,000 students per year here to acquire the technology they need and want. That's likely how China was able to copy our F-35 stealth fighter, and make other major leaps in 5G and other technologies. "Free tech is great". Only a small number get arrested and when they do the advocacy groups say they're being targeted because of racism.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom