Tre Mitchell Recruitment | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell Recruitment

Reaction Score
I agree that you don't turndown a top 2-5 HS senior but I totally agree with BLwyr that AD's presence did screw up the chemistry to some degree. I have spoken to players who played on that team and while they think the world of AD some did have reservations about stating that he was a huge impact. I myself was terribly disappointed in his output but mostly with his lack of desire and hustle while playing - he just didn't give 100%. Watching him in the pros I still see that same attitude. The guy has unbelievable size and God given talent but never really uses it to its optimum in a consistent manner. I think a lot came to him too easy because of his size and that has caused a deficiency in the desire category. Last night vs the Celts, when he became involved he was a monster but at times he just went through the motions. I know Van Gundy was upset about that in the past few years and talked about it. JMO
I casually went to the MBB first night of '11-'12 season. At a point Drummond, before he ever played a game, was given a spot light, a light show, theme music and the court to himself to attempt 2 full court passes to himself that he was supposed to dunk.

He missed both. It was surreal.

I don't blame Andre at all and it was in good fun. However, a bunch of guys on that team were defending national champions and Drummond was treated like the star. It was one of the few times JC was tone deaf and I think it ruffled some feathers from the start.

Just imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom