Tre Mitchell Recruitment | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell Recruitment

Reaction Score
New Tre Mitchell thread. I pray there is no derailment. Does anyone have any new info?

Got this from Tim Prister's 10/19/18 article on 247 about all of the prospects ND was missing on:

But the Irish have had relatively limited contact recently with Mitchell, who is a good student. He just made a visit to Connecticut. The sense is that he hasn’t fully bought into what Notre Dame has to offer, and with the Irish happy with the direction things are trending with their current big men, the fit just may not work.

Notre Dame Offer: Yes
Notre Dame Trending: Down

His only two OVs were to ND and UConn. Also, he scheduled and subsequently canceled an OV to Illinois. Not sure where his recruitment stands.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind him has a backup plan to Akok. Would he pair well with Kofi/Wahab?

Reaction Score
How does this work from the schools perspective?

If the top target is Kofi I’d imagine Mitchell and Akok can’t just commit tomorrow and block the scholarship?

Or could they?

Pardon the ignorance

Reaction Score
Mitchell strikes me as a big 4 who can play in the post real well, but can also step out with a creative midrange game and also shoot from the arc. Tre is going to bring a lot of offense to the team he chooses. Maybe he's waiting to see if we get Akok because there is some overlap there with how they each want to play.

Reaction Score
Mitchell strikes me as a big 4 who can play in the post real well, but can also step out with a creative midrange game and also shoot from the arc. Tre is going to bring a lot of offense to the team he chooses. Maybe he's waiting to see if we get Akok because there is some overlap there with how they each want to play.

He also may be waiting for a real offer. He is obviously high on our list but it wouldnt shock me if he wasnt told we were giving others until say 11/1 and he would then get an offer if the priorities had not accepted

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
How does this work from the schools perspective?

If the top target is Kofi I’d imagine Mitchell and Akok can’t just commit tomorrow and block the scholarship?

Or could they?

Pardon the ignorance
I think we have three scholarships left so if Akok and Mitchell commit they can and we can still get Kofi. Unless the staff wants to go after precious still

Reaction Score
Precious is most likely a one and done. Better, I think, to take guys who will stick around awhile.

Reaction Score
We've talked about this before on here. Precious is our #1 target. He changes the image and trajectory of this program, even in one year.
Yes of course take him. But don’t pass now on a 4 star with the hope that we get precious in the spring.

Reaction Score
Yes of course take him. But don’t pass now on a 4 star with the hope that we get precious in the spring.

Different positiobs. It's one of mitchell/wahab/cockburn. More overlap between mitchell/akok than precious. He's a 3/4, which we're really not recruiting other than him

Reaction Score
I think we have three scholarships left so if Akok and Mitchell commit they can and we can still get Kofi. Unless the staff wants to go after precious still
Again, think about this. Akok is separate from the 3 bigs... Tre, Kofi, and Wahab. If Akok, Tre and Kofi were to commit, while highly unlikely, the current front court players will, shall we say, read the tea leaves. UConn would absolutely have room for a spring Precious commit.

Reaction Score
You are always in a position to take a one and dones. First round NBA/lottery picks are nice to wave around and help recruit future hi major recruits.

Reaction Score
Honestly our program isn't suited right now for a one and done.

Yes, it is. Especially if that "one and done" ends up being a lottery pick and completely changes the image of UConn basketball. While the benefits on the court of Achiuwa may only be for one year, the benefit to future recruiting will be felt for years to come.

Reaction Score
Might as well land a one-and-done now that it's possible. I suspect in a few years there will be no more one-and-dones.

Reaction Score
Could this guy and Akok play together? Always thought we'd get one or the other but it's looking like a possibility we could land both.

Reaction Score
Could this guy and Akok play together? Always thought we'd get one or the other but it's looking like a possibility we could land both.
Yeah, Akok isn't in a class with anyone else we're recruiting right now. Mitchell would mean no Wahab/Kofi

Reaction Score

You can play an infinite number of versatile defenders + offensive floor spacers. Especially if the versatile defender can also protect the rim. Akok can fit with anybody.

It's funny his name came up recently, but think how Villanueva fit in with Okafor and/or Boone in '04.

Considering Mitchell can space the floor as well, you can create a lethal 4 or 5 out offense.

Reaction Score
You can play an infinite number of versatile defenders + offensive floor spacers. Especially if the versatile defender can also protect the rim. Akok can fit with anybody.

It's funny his name came up recently, but think how Villanueva fit in with Okafor and/or Boone in '04.

Considering Mitchell can space the floor as well, you can create a lethal 4 or 5 out offense.

Akok and mitchell could both be exceptional if they learn to set great screens. The option to pop or roll puts A LOT of pressure on the defense. Will often leave shooters wide open like you see in the NBA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom