OT: - Travel abroad anyone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Travel abroad anyone?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not only that, finding a public restroom isn't easy either.

Well, zissou was obviously implying camping, and I've gone in the woods before. Not that big a deal as long as you have something to use as a small shovel.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well, zissou was obviously implying camping, and I've gone in the woods before. Not that big a deal as long as you have something to use as a small shovel.

He just said "see the U.S.". I know a guy who has done two road trips during this pandemic. Driving all over the place seeing places he hasn't been before. Even that has challenges.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He just said "see the U.S.". I know a guy who has done two road trips during this pandemic. Driving all over the place seeing places he hasn't been before. Even that has challenges.

Well, he also said "bring the Yeti cooler and the Coleman stove". You're not using that stove in a motel.

Reaction Score
Well, he also said "bring the Yeti cooler and the Coleman stove". You're not using that stove in a motel.
It can be a bit of both. I was referring to the great US resources of lakes, rivers, mountains, forests, including national parks and monuments.

Whether you sleep in a hotel at night or a van or a tent, I think there is a great opportunity to eat first class with your own cooking. Pick up a nice sangiovese, some rib steaks, some king crab, fresh veggies, and make a better meal than a restaurant at a fraction of the cost while enjoying the great outdoors. Turn in at a hotel at night if you prefer.

There will be a time for the Mediterranean again. Until then the US has a lot to experience.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It can be a bit of both. I was referring to the great US resources of lakes, rivers, mountains, forests, including national parks and monuments.

Whether you sleep in a hotel at night or a van or a tent, I think there is a great opportunity to eat first class with your own cooking. Pick up a nice sangiovese, some rib steaks, some king crab, fresh veggies, and make a better meal than a restaurant at a fraction of the cost while enjoying the great outdoors. Turn in at a hotel at night if you prefer.

No thanks. I am a very good cook, make 90% of the meals at home now and do all the shopping. I like taking a break from that while on vacation. And you seem to eat very differently from me.

I've seen a lot of the US already. But we all have different ideas of what vacation is. For me, it's not being around Americans, lol.

Reaction Score
No thanks. I am a very good cook, make 90% of the meals at home now and do all the shopping. I like taking a break from that while on vacation. And you seem to eat very differently from me.

I've seen a lot of the US already. But we all have different ideas of what vacation is. For me, it's not being around Americans, lol.
Time and a place for everything!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom