Transfers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The Krafts are hoping Boston lands the 2024 Summer Olympics so that someone else builds him a soccer stadium (downsized main stadium) at limited or no cost to them because right now, Revere and Somerville, both of whom want the Revs, don't have enough money to build a stadium for him. After all, his net worth dropped from $2.9 billion in 2013 to $2.3 billion in 2014. He's almost in the poor house.

I know of a stadium in East Hartford that they can play in! His football team can play there too... ;)

Reaction Score
I know of a stadium in East Hartford that they can play in! His football team can play there too... ;)

The Rent does make a good soccer stadium, except that it is not accessible by mass transit. Of course, I am not sure that the pols in Hartford would want to deal with Kraft again because you know he would still be negotiating with Massachusetts behind Hartford’s back and he doesn’t have a co-conspirator any more as Rowland is going back to jail, again.

Reaction Score
The Rent does make a good soccer stadium, except that it is not accessible by mass transit. Of course, I am not sure that the pols in Hartford would want to deal with Kraft again because you know he would still be negotiating with Massachusetts behind Hartford’s back and he doesn’t have a co-conspirator any more as Rowland is going back to jail, again.

We should invite the Cosmos to play some games at the Rent.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Rent does make a good soccer stadium, except that it is not accessible by mass transit.

Not yet. I'm sure there will be a way it ties into the busway in the future. Right?

Reaction Score
In addition to the Cosmos, NYFC would be a good invite. Maybe a friendly between the two clubs at the Rent. Hartford really needs a NASL club and the more soccer games in town the better.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
In addition to the Cosmos, NYFC would be a good invite. Maybe a friendly between the two clubs at the Rent. Hartford really needs a NASL club and the more soccer games in town the better.

I've always thought that the Revs and the Red Bull should play at least one game in The Rent. I'm guessing it would draw the full 40,000; something that neither team seems to be able to do on their own...

Reaction Score
I've always thought that the Revs and the Red Bull should play at least one game in The Rent. I'm guessing it would draw the full 40,000; something that neither team seems to be able to do on their own...

Supposedly when you buy season tickets to the Red Bulls it comes with some away tickets to see them play at the Revs. The are trying to build that rivalry. It's funny to see how the Red Bulls aren't quite filling their stadium and yet places like Dallas, KC, Houston, Vancouver, Portland and Seattle seem to be setting records every week.

I probably watch three MLS games a week now, and the only places that don't seem to fill up are DC, Red Bulls and NE, and to some degree Chicago. Chivas doesn't even draw flies, it wouldn't surprise me if the Sacramento Kings buy that club and move them.

Reaction Score
Not yet. I'm sure there will be a way it ties into the busway in the future. Right?

The bus way is built to end at Union Station in Hartford. I don’t believe there are any plans to cross the river. There has been talk of another bus way linking Hartford to Bradley; but, I think that is dead. A future project that is only on the drawing board of interest is a new route for Amtrak’s Acela that would bypass the overcrowded coasted route by going from Penn Station up through Westchester County and then across through Danbury, Hartford and then linking back with the current route in Providence. Land acquisition costs alone pretty much will kill that idea, I think.

Reaction Score
Supposedly when you buy season tickets to the Red Bulls it comes with some away tickets to see them play at the Revs. The are trying to build that rivalry. It's funny to see how the Red Bulls aren't quite filling their stadium and yet places like Dallas, KC, Houston, Vancouver, Portland and Seattle seem to be setting records every week.

I probably watch three MLS games a week now, and the only places that don't seem to fill up are DC, Red Bulls and NE, and to some degree Chicago. Chivas doesn't even draw flies, it wouldn't surprise me if the Sacramento Kings buy that club and move them.

Not building the Chicago stadium adjacent to a mass transit stop was a hug mistake. The Revs, as I stated before, are being held hostage by the Krafts who want someone else to build them a soccer only stadium. DC has been fighting for a stadium for years and their latest hope is a soccer only stadium near the Nat’s ballpark. Chivas will get moved, best guess would be St. Louis, San Antonio, or Minneapolis. I am not thrilled with placing a stadium in Atlanta at the new Falcon’s stadium there as that route has failed everywhere except for Seattle and Atlanta is not known for their sports fans (see the NHL). Miami is also worrisome.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
DC has been fighting for a stadium for years and their latest hope is a soccer only stadium near the Nat’s ballpark. Chivas will get moved, best guess would be St. Louis, San Antonio, or Minneapolis.
If Chivas moves to those places would they just disband the NASL team there that's doing well (Minneapolis and San Antonio)? It's an interesting thought. Just disband Chivas or move them somewhere that there isn't a NASL or USL team that's doing well. I believe the Kings owners are in talks of buying ownership of the current Sacramento club that's there with hopes of moving them to MLS to be lucky team 24.

If DC ever got their heads out of their arse, placing soccer stadium by the Nat's ballpark would be amazing. The area is perfect for another stadium and real easy access from mass transit. Plus they're really turning the area around. It used to be in poor shape until they decided to put the ballpark there and invest in fixing/cleaning the area up.

Reaction Score
If Chivas moves to those places would they just disband the NASL team there that's doing well (Minneapolis and San Antonio)? It's an interesting thought. Just disband Chivas or move them somewhere that there isn't a NASL or USL team that's doing well. I believe the Kings owners are in talks of buying ownership of the current Sacramento club that's there with hopes of moving them to MLS to be lucky team 24.

If DC ever got their heads out of their arse, placing soccer stadium by the Nat's ballpark would be amazing. The area is perfect for another stadium and real easy access from mass transit. Plus they're really turning the area around. It used to be in poor shape until they decided to put the ballpark there and invest in fixing/cleaning the area up.

They are better off elevating the existing clubs in those cities, just like they did with Portland and Seattle. Orlando City is a USL team that is jumping two levels up to MLS.

NASL is doing well... I could see them becoming like the AFL with their strongest clubs merging with MLS down the road.

Reaction Score
They are better off elevating the existing clubs in those cities, just like they did with Portland and Seattle. Orlando City is a USL team that is jumping two levels up to MLS.

NASL is doing well... I could see them becoming like the AFL with their strongest clubs merging with MLS down the road.

It’s not just about field performance, though I wish it was. It has to be the right market in terms of headcount and money available. That’s why cities like Charleston SC and Rochester NY will never have an MLS team, though they do very well on the field and in the stands.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Let's at least be clear about one thing. Until he got hurt, Fabian Johnson was having a better WC than Yedlin and is currently a better player. Yedlin's hype is all about upside, deservedly so. He's has that look about him. I think the longer he takes to join Spurs, the better. If he doesn't arrive as the first choice starter or see 20 plus minutes a match as a sub, it will be a bad move for him.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Let's at least be clear about one thing. Until he got hurt, Fabian Johnson was having a better WC than Yedlin and is currently a better player. Yedlin's hype is all about upside, deservedly so. He's has that look about him. I think the longer he takes to join Spurs, the better. If he doesn't arrive as the first choice starter or see 20 plus minutes a match as a sub, it will be a bad move for him.

Speaking of Fabian Johnson, rumors are running that Barcelona has an eye on him:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...arcelona-eyeing-usmnt-fullback-fabian-johnson

Reaction Score
Speaking of Fabian Johnson, rumors are running that Barcelona has an eye on him:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...arcelona-eyeing-usmnt-fullback-fabian-johnson

It would be great press; but, not sure I like it. Barca has the money like Real Madrid and others to stack their rosters. Unless he is guaranteed a starting role, I would rather him on a solid D1 (EPL, La Liga, etc.) where is starts every day to hone is skills rather than riding the pine behind 2 or 3 other world class options.

Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
Chivas will get moved, best guess would be St. Louis, San Antonio, or Minneapolis. Miami is also worrisome.

Somebody better inform MLS leadership which remains steadfast in its intent to keep a re-christened Chivas somewhere in LA County and it's much larger TV and Latino market (albeit San Antonio's large overall and Latino population).

Miami has time. Why is it so worrisome at this still early stage?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just saw that Real Salt Lake and FC Dallas are going to put teams in USL Pro similar to LA Galaxy. Good idea in my opinion. Get your younger players some PT

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Looks like Spurs jettison Dawson for Sevillas Federico Fazio for a net coat of 2m pounds. Definitely an upgrade of the back 4.

Reaction Score
Also rumors (nothing of official) of Spurs linked with Danny Welbeck. and Lewis Holtby potentially going back to a German club. I really hope they keep Holtby. He's a great spark off the bench, can start and give you 60-70 solid minutes if need be, and will play big role in all the Europa, Cap One Cup, and FA cup matches.

Reaction Score
Arsenal maybe on the lookout for a striker as rumor has it Olivier Giroud maybe out for a while and everyone would rather see Sanchez out on the wing.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Also rumors (nothing of official) of Spurs linked with Danny Welbeck. and Lewis Holtby potentially going back to a German club. I really hope they keep Holtby. He's a great spark off the bench, can start and give you 60-70 solid minutes if need be, and will play big role in all the Europa, Cap One Cup, and FA cup matches.

I like the move, in concept. We need to give Adebayor some help up front and Soldado doesn't appear to be the man - at least in EPL. Welbeck and Adebayor up front with Eriksen, Lamela (who has looked great so far), Chadli (ditto) and Paulinho (who I like) would be potent. That said, I really like Holtby and think he can be a stud - would like to hold onto him if possible and try to sell some other players (Sandro and Townsend come to mind).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Arsenal maybe on the lookout for a striker as rumor has it Olivier Giroud maybe out for a while and everyone would rather see Sanchez out on the wing.
Yea, he's out til Jan probably. Don't know if Wenger will pull the trigger though. We still need a CB (absolutely) and certainly could use an upgrade in the Arteta/Flamini position.

Now that we've got the (estimated) $25 mil from making CL Group stage, maybe he will get some business done. Please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom