Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
watch the games

We aren't totally lacking talent and you all are broad brushing 85 guys ... it is harsh. We are one of the youngest - in terms of FR/RFR/So in the nation. Let's just see what a new voice can do.
I know there’s SOME talent here, but we are lacking talent, that’s a fact. Kids leaving here are going FCS and Div 2 for a reason, and they’re not really making noise when they do transfer to lesser schools. That’s the truth I don’t see how that’s harsh.

Reaction Score
None of these recent de-commits and early portal entry announcements were voluntary moves. They were all asked to leave by Coach Mora. Fourth year players who were granted an extra (Covid) year were either offered a spot on the 2022 roster (a choice which some will accept and others decline) or they were told they're not in our plans for next year. To continue playing they were told to seek another landing place. Jeremy Lucien is merely the first of those to publicly announce he won't be back. Other names (some surprising) will soon be coming to light. Also, no one on the current football staff has been allowed to deal with recruits. The new staff will solely handle that function. Bottom line, we’re on the brink of a cosmic shift. As the sun sets Saturday afternoon, we will simultaneously witness the dawn of a new hopeful era for UConn Football. In Mora We Trust will become the new school motto. I'm all in. Go Huskies!
Yes, I am sure that a lot of that is happening. But in Lucien's case it doesn't seem to make sense. If indeed he is going to Vandy (although I have not seen that verified), that means he will be getting an advanced degree at an engineering school that has an undergrad acceptance rate of 9.6%. To say nothing of playing in P5.

Reaction Score
They got a lot more to learn about life besides having big muscles and being athletic. Doesn't make them men that are mentally prepared for real world situations. Those kids live on a double edged sword.
My apologies… I didn’t think I would trigger so many sensitive/emotional individuals on a football board. Can you guys or whatever care to explain what was said that was harsh to young men? That young men wouldn’t be able to take? No one singled any of the players out. No one said anything to disrespect any of the players.

Reaction Score
If that’s the case wouldn’t it make more sense to cut players after the season?
This early notice as to where they stand gives them more time to work things out.
As for Lucien, his portal move was not voluntary. He was among those not invited back. The fact that coaches from an SEC school saw his tape and his measurables and picked him up says the system isn’t foolproof. I guess next season we’ll be able to better tell which program got fooled. It won’t be the first time we undervalued a player—or that a new school overvalued one.

Reaction Score
This early notice as to where they stand gives them more time to work things out.
As for Lucien, his portal move was not voluntary. He was among those not invited back. The fact that coaches from an SEC school saw his tape and his measurables and picked him up says the system isn’t foolproof. I guess next season we’ll be able to better tell which program got fooled. It won’t be the first time we undervalued a player—or that a new school overvalued one.
Not everyone who graduates from UCONN gets accepted into Grad School here! Perhaps that is the real issue

Reaction Score
Not everyone who graduates from UCONN gets accepted into Grad School here! Perhaps that is the real issue
Not likely if indeed he is going someplace like Vandy which is so much more selective than UConn.

Reaction Score
I think this is extraordinarily harsh. YOU may think they owe you a respectable football program. I think the thoughtful members of this fanbase know we can just be lacking certain components of a full team ... and we are just not gonna win against the cfb world that is a tough game. I don't think it is time to piss on the 2021 guys ... it hasn't been an easy year. And I think we saw lots of effort.
Hold on.

As a fan of the team, you should expect
Better football. People act like performance doesn’t matter. The performance of the darn crew team matters.

Are they good kids? Yes. But why shouldn’t fans expect better?

We have to get past the milk and cookie phase of football fandom.

The performance of the football program, from athletic director to walk-on kicker, isn’t good enough.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I think this is extraordinarily harsh. YOU may think they owe you a respectable football program. I think the thoughtful members of this fanbase know we can just be lacking certain components of a full team ... and we are just not gonna win against the cfb world that is a tough game. I don't think it is time to piss on the 2021 guys ... it hasn't been an easy year. And I think we saw lots of effort.
I do. I am owed a respectable winning program. I am an alum and a long time season ticket holder. What the hell else do Americans expect from their college and pro teams? This is not intramural softball.
It is not harsh and no one is degrading the 2021 team for lack of effort. Folks are pointing out how the lack of talent remaining reflects on how a once rising CFB team became garbage licket—split.

Reaction Score
They are getting paid to perform. Out of state guys especially are getting 50k to go out there an win. They owe everyone who pays their salary a respectable football program.

Reaction Score
None of these recent de-commits and early portal entry announcements were voluntary moves. They were all asked to leave by Coach Mora. Fourth year players who were granted an extra (Covid) year were either offered a spot on the 2022 roster (a choice which some will accept and others decline) or they were told they're not in our plans for next year. To continue playing they were told to seek another landing place. Jeremy Lucien is merely the first of those to publicly announce he won't be back. Other names (some surprising) will soon be coming to light. Also, no one on the current football staff has been allowed to deal with recruits. The new staff will solely handle that function. Bottom line, we’re on the brink of a cosmic shift. As the sun sets Saturday afternoon, we will simultaneously witness the dawn of a new hopeful era for UConn Football. In Mora We Trust will become the new school motto. I'm all in. Go Huskies!

Please don’t tell me Mitchell is leaving.

Reaction Score
Hold on.

As a fan of the team, you should expect
Better football. People act like performance doesn’t matter. The performance of the darn crew team matters.

Are they good kids? Yes. But why shouldn’t fans expect better?

We have to get past the milk and cookie phase of football fandom.

The performance of the football program, from athletic director to walk-on kicker, isn’t good enough.

Silly. The last drops of a failed regime ... and you think you have the right to piss on ALL the football players. Do you even understand how hard the last 10 games were to play at a decent level - with chaos. I would point at 3 or 4 positional components. Go back and read the original post. What are you gonna do now ... where are you going with the insults. Say they weren't man enough.

This catastrophic year is over.

Reaction Score
Silly. The last drops of a failed regime ... and you think you have the right to piss on ALL the football players. Do you even understand how hard the last 10 games were to play at a decent level - with chaos. I would point at 3 or 4 positional components. Go back and read the original post. What are you gonna do now ... where are you going with the insults. Say they weren't man enough.

This catastrophic year is over.

That’s not pissing on the players. The offense is playing at a low FCS level. You can count on two hands the number of players that we have who should be at this level. Even with DEVELOPMENT. We’re not even at plucky underdog level. We played the plucky underdogs and they RAN us over. No more CANADA. Please and THANK YOU.

Reaction Score
Class act:

Class act and wise.
Most people his age and even lots older would not have been so gracious, no matter the circumstances. I really liked how he noted the support of so many people on the staff, not just the coaches and players.
If he's that genuine, he'll be a success at whatever he chooses to do with his life.

Reaction Score
That’s not pissing on the players. The offense is playing at a low FCS level. You can count on two hands the number of players that we have who should be at this level. Even with DEVELOPMENT. We’re not even at plucky underdog level. We played the plucky underdogs and they RAN us over. No more CANADA. Please and THANK YOU.
Yes and yes. Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul